Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Week To Go.....Who Is Rising/Falling During This Last 7 Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Week To Go.....Who Is Rising/Falling During This Last 7 Days?

Every year players rise and fall, even late in the process. And some unfortunately get some bad PR for something they did, or maybe did not even do. It's one week folks. Any notables on your up/down list?

I have mentioned in another thread that WRs are rising on the prospects boards. We know about the top 3 - Chase, Smith and Waddle, but now there seems to be a growing group of talented receivers moving up and up. So for any team looking for a WR, good news! And I like to mention Pitts, the highly rated TE, as someone a team with a WR hunger may in fact be willing to select over a WR, given the weapon he is.

So I do expect more names to show up in this thread, but for now I am offering The Receivers as a safe bet, high in round one, but likely to be a good find throughout 1, and into the next few rounds.

Jaelan Phillips may be sneaky guy to go I'm sure some teams will have him as their #1 edge rusher and overlook the injury concerns.
    Jamin Davis may have moved from a 3rd to a late first through the draft process.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Thinking Collins might go a bit earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        And I like to mention Pitts, the highly rated TE, as someone a team with a WR hunger may in fact be willing to select over a WR, given the weapon he is.

Pitts is basically a really big WR.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I can see Devonta Smith sliding to the middle of the first round, even close to the 20's, depending on how the top of the draft shakes out.

As for rising, I think someone will take Davis Mills at the end of the first round to get the fifth year option on his rookie contract.

Can't wait to see what happens!!!

Comment

This close to draft I often can't tell what is real and what is not. As far as risers, I think Jaycee Horn keeps climbing. My guess is that it is 50/50 if he or Surtain will be the first CB off the board. Also be interesting, if he is the first Defensive player off the board. Jamin Davis has already been mentioned above. Big time rise from third round to first or early second. I think Hunter Long seems to have some interest growing and might slip into the first round.

I also agree on the sentiment around WR. They seem to be rising. Amazing after what happened last year. We could see a similar number come off the board in the first 2 nights.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
              I can see Devonta Smith sliding to the middle of the first round, even close to the 20's, depending on how the top of the draft shakes out.

As for rising, I think someone will take Davis Mills at the end of the first round to get the fifth year option on his rookie contract.

Because of his size? I could see that actually. Seems like Chase is consensus #1 WR, and that Waddle is staying strong. As mentioned, a number of the other WRs are also gaining ground.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                This close to draft I often can't tell what is real and what is not. As far as risers, I think Jaycee Horn keeps climbing. My guess is that it is 50/50 if he or Surtain will be the first CB off the board. Also be interesting, if he is the first Defensive player off the board. Jamin Davis has already been mentioned above. Big time rise from third round to first or early second. I think Hunter Long seems to have some interest growing and might slip into the first round.

I also agree on the sentiment around WR. They seem to be rising. Amazing after what happened last year. We could see a similar number come off the board in the first 2 nights.
                Yes....I thought it but now I hear some experts boasting about this draft class of WRs. Heck, last year's bunch got a load of footage, but many like this group even better!

In draft week I believe that solid Oliners stay or rise. They are usually very wise decisions, even if not exciting. Edge/OLBs usually stay strong as well. CBs are hardly ever a poor choice.

Conversely, I hardly ever see DTs go early, mainly due to their need for time to develop in The NFL.

And if RBs are not much of a drop off from the top tier group, no reason to select them before round 3, unless you covet the guy.

Having said that, when a "position rush" starts to happen, it can be hard to be patient. It's like when a herd of buffalo start to run....you either jump on board or get far, far away!!

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Mills should not be drafted before Mond or Trask. He's greatly overrated IMO. Heck, he shouldn't go until late 3rd round or later.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                    Mills should not be drafted before Mond or Trask. He's greatly overrated IMO. Heck, he shouldn't go until late 3rd round or later.
                    What makes you think he is overrated?

Comment

Keep reading about Jaylen Waddle and how much he is liked. Some say he is a bit like Tyreek Hill in terms of speed/big play ability. Some say he's the best player in this draft.

I still think Chase goes first as a WR, but watch out for Waddle, either moving up or for a team to move up to get him.

Comment

Thinking Collins might go a bit earlier.
                        Yeah, since so many people are torn on him....he is definitely someone who might sneak into top 10.....or could fall to late 1st or beginning of 2nd. Everything I have read is he is a love him or hate him prospect....which is coincidently how he is viewed on these boards. So it makes sense to me. I respect a lot of your all's opinions on grading players.
                        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post

Yeah, since so many people are torn on him....he is definitely someone who might sneak into top 10.....or could fall to late 1st or beginning of 2nd. Everything I have read is he is a love him or hate him prospect....which is coincidently how he is viewed on these boards. So it makes sense to me. I respect a lot of your all's opinions on grading players.
                          I think you nailed it with your assessment of him. I could look smart if one of those teams that like him make a move, but similarly there are others who will take a pass on him early.

I suppose there are various draftee groups, pending skill/character/football IQ/need/other. And within there are those who are gauged similarly by most evaluators, whether they are ranked high or low. But than there's the wild cards I'll call them, who are loved and not loved by the evaluating group. Not saying they are ranked from 1st round to 7th round, but more likely spread over a few rounds. And that becomes more noticeable to all of us, when a player could go round one, or maybe third at best. That's a wild card. Collins is not that extreme a version thereof, but yes, he may go top 15, maybe, and he may slip somewhere in two. Not sure how far down.

Comment

Because of his size? I could see that actually. Seems like Chase is consensus #1 WR, and that Waddle is staying strong. As mentioned, a number of the other WRs are also gaining ground.
                            His size is a part of it, but if QB's go in the first four picks and the Bengals take Sewell, then Pitts and Chase are in all probability going to Miami and Detroit, respectively. I don't think Carolina goes WR, Denver and Dallas aren't going WR. If the Giants and Eagles don't take a WR, that's where I can see him sliding down. And the fifth QB, either Lance or Jones, is almost certainly going somewhere in the top 10-12 picks.

To me, it's how the top 10 picks shake out.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                              All it takes is one team to want to take him. We of all fans should know that...

*Cough* Tebow *Cough*

Comment

Working...
                              X