Not want to draft @#9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not want to draft @#9

Assuming Denver stay at #9, which of the predicted top 20 or so players would you be make you unhappy if selected.

I'd be unhappy with any D player outside of Surtain or Parsons, any top 5 QB who slides to #9, any OL except Slater or Sewell. Also any wide receiver.

Would you really be “ unhappy” for long.

Maybe it’s just me but no matter how surprised or disappointed I may be when they make the pick by the next day I can convince myself of how great a pick just about any player is for our Broncos.

Happens every year! Enjoy the draft.

Comment

Jones or Lance would probably be the picks I’d dislike the most. I don’t really like Surtain as a CB, but I love him as a SS. I wouldn’t be too high on Slater at RT either.

I don’t think I’d mind one of the top WRs too much actually, sure we went heavy there last season and we already seem to have a conundrum of trying to keep everybody fed, but if Chase or Waddle were there I wouldn’t hate the pick. I’d be more iffy on Smith because of his similarities to Jeudy but I’d probably still be ok with him. I mean chances are one of Jeudy or Hamler won’t pan out for whatever reason, possibly even Sutton as unfortunate as that would be. But there are a ton of really talented WRs in this draft, I like Marquez Stevenson a lot on day 3 and think he could end up being as good as anyone. I definitely think we’ll add another WR at some point in the draft, I think it’s too deep not to.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
        Assuming Denver stay at #9, which of the predicted top 20 or so players would you be make you unhappy if selected.

I'd be unhappy with any D player outside of Surtain or Parsons, any top 5 QB who slides to #9, any OL except Slater or Sewell. Also any wide receiver.
        Sounds like a trade down scenario.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Jones but I would get over it quickly

Really unhappy, If we passed on Fields or Sewell at 9, if they were somehow on the board.

If we picked any RB, S, DT, or Edge at 9. RB, DT and Safety would be too much of a reach. Edge feels like a risk in round 1 to me. If we want to go that direction I would pick one up in round 2 or 3.

I would be really shocked if we went WR or TE but I don't know if I would be unhappy.

Comment

Guess I am not as picky as others

I want some things to happen but anyone we pick will make me happy at this time.

Now if 3-4 years go by and they a bust....then I will be unhappy. I do not care what we do....but it better work
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
              Guess I am not as picky as others

I want some things to happen but anyone we pick will make me happy at this time.

Now if 3-4 years go by and they a bust....then I will be unhappy. I do not care what we do....but it better work
              I follow along this line of thinking. I don't care who they take as long as they're good.

Comment

You guys have a better perspective than me. At the end of the day, I am in the same boat. If we draft a stud I could care less what position and name. Unfortunately I get emotionally attached to the process and will feel excited or disappointed on draft night.

this year is fun because I can see so many options I would be happy with

Comment

No Mac Jones

No Trey Lance

No edged rusher
                  No interior offensive or defensive lineman
                  ​​​​​
                  No running back

No wide receiver

No tight end

Fields (long shot), Parsons, Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Horn... those are the only options I want if we stay at 9.

Comment

Why would anyone be unhappy because of a position that gets drafted?

I would be happy if the Broncos drafted Justin Fields at #9. I would not complain if Mac Jones were drafted. I would be skeptical at best, if Lance were drafted.

It’s not about the position, it’s about the player.

If it’s a player who is graded to go that high and can help the team, there’s no real reason to not draft him.

We know that Paton is looking for a quarterback. It’s just a question of which one he thinks can make the team better.

I think people need to remember that players don’t always get drafted according to how the truly compare to the other players in the draft. It is entirely possible that the best quarterback in this draft will be the fifth quarterback selected.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                      Why would anyone be unhappy because of a position that gets drafted?

I would be happy if the Broncos drafted Justin Fields at #9. I would not complain if Mac Jones were drafted. I would be skeptical at best, if Lance were drafted.

It’s not about the position, it’s about the player.

If it’s a player who is graded to go that high and can help the team, there’s no real reason to not draft him.

We know that Paton is looking for a quarterback. It’s just a question of which one he thinks can make the team better.

I think people need to remember that players don’t always get drafted according to how the truly compare to the other players in the draft. It is entirely possible that the best quarterback in this draft will be the fifth quarterback selected.
                      I can't imagine too many Raiders fans were happy when the crypt keeper used a first round pick on a kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I can't imagine too many Raiders fans were happy when the crypt keeper used a first round pick on a kicker.
                        Which one?
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Which one?
                          They took Sebastian Janikowski at pick 17 in 2000. The Raiders also took a punter un the first round in Ray Guy. I think they are the only team to have taken both in the 1st, but I stand to be corrected.

I personally hope Denver goes Sewell, Parsons or trades back.
                          Last edited by CheyennePress; 04-23-2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                            No Mac Jones

No Trey Lance

No edged rusher
                            No interior offensive or defensive lineman
                            ​​​​​
                            No running back

No wide receiver

No tight end

Fields (long shot), Parsons, Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Horn... those are the only options I want if we stay at 9.
                            Drop your first and last choice.....I'm on board !!! Those four options are the best strategy....unless of course we trade back. Good with that too. Cannot wait. { watch, we draft Greg Rousseau }
                            Last edited by skeeter01; 04-24-2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Jones or Lance would probably be the picks I’d dislike the most. I don’t really like Surtain as a CB, but I love him as a SS. I wouldn’t be too high on Slater at RT either.

I don’t think I’d mind one of the top WRs too much actually, sure we went heavy there last season and we already seem to have a conundrum of trying to keep everybody fed, but if Chase or Waddle were there I wouldn’t hate the pick. I’d be more iffy on Smith because of his similarities to Jeudy but I’d probably still be ok with him. I mean chances are one of Jeudy or Hamler won’t pan out for whatever reason, possibly even Sutton as unfortunate as that would be. But there are a ton of really talented WRs in this draft, I like Marquez Stevenson a lot on day 3 and think he could end up being as good as anyone. I definitely think we’ll add another WR at some point in the draft, I think it’s too deep not to.
                              As of right now when we go with three WR's I'd like to see Sutton and Patrick on the outside with Jeudy in the slot. Hamler has great speed/acceleration/body control, and he both runs routes and catches better than I thought he would. But he's tiny and I don't view him as a guy that should be in one of our 'base' packages. So if they do draft a WR of a more prototypical size that looks like an upgrade over what Patrick gave us last year then I can see where he could fit in even if our top four (Sutton/Jeudy/Patrick/Hamler) come back healthy and pick up where they left off. I wouldn't want to do that with the 9th overall pick in the draft though. It's not a need. It would be a luxury that the team can't really afford when they have some actual holes to fill.
                              Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                              X