15 Patrick Surtain II Alabama Jr CB 2 6-2 202
    16 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame Sr LB 2 6-1 215
    17 Trevon Moehrig TCU Jr S 1 6-2 202
    18 Azeez Ojulari Georgia Soph EDGE 2 6-3 240
    19 Alijah Vera-Tucker USC Jr OL 4 6-4 315
    20 Rondale Moore Purdue Soph WR 4 5-9 180
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I don't know how current that is, though. It doesn't look like it matches up with what I've seen lately. Still, it's a place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Drop your first and last choice.....I'm on board !!! Those four options are the best strategy....unless of course we trade back. Good with that too. Cannot wait. { watch, we draft Greg Rousseau }
        No, if we can, miraculously, get Fields at #9 I'm on board. He'll easily beat out Lock and be the QB we've been waiting for and make our offense more successful.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

They took Sebastian Janikowski at pick 17 in 2000. The Raiders also took a punter un the first round in Ray Guy. I think they are the only team to have taken both in the 1st, but I stand to be corrected.

I personally hope Denver goes Sewell, Parsons or trades back.
          And those two kickers turned out to be superb assets to their teams.

In his 13-year career, Ray Guy:
          • Played in 207 consecutive games
          • Punted 1,049 times for 44,493 yards, averaging 42.4 yards per punt, with a 33.8 net yards average
          • Had 210 punts inside the 20-yard line (not counting his first 3 seasons, when the NFL did not keep track of this stat), with just 128 touchbacks
          • Led the NFL in yards per punt three times
          • Had a streak of 619 consecutive punts before having one blocked
          • Has a record of 111 career punts in post season games
          • Had five punts of over 60 yards during the 1981 season

Sebastian Janikowski

On April 28, 2019, Janikowski announced his retirement after 19 years in the NFL. He ended his career as the Raiders' all-time leading scorer, with 1,799 points.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by CheyennePress View Post

They took Sebastian Janikowski at pick 17 in 2000. The Raiders also took a punter un the first round in Ray Guy. I think they are the only team to have taken both in the 1st, but I stand to be corrected.

I personally hope Denver goes Sewell, Parsons or trades back.
            That is correct. Ray Guy was drafted #23 by the Raiders in 1973 and is in HOF. Sebastian Janikowski was picked by the Raiders at #17 in 2000.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Fields or Rousseau
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                Here's a Top 20 NFL Draft 2021 list from CBS:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

1 Trevor Lawrence Clemson Jr QB 1 6-6 220
                2 Zach Wilson BYU Jr QB 2 6-3 210
                3 Penei Sewell Oregon Jr OL 1 6-6 330
                4 Kyle Pitts Florida Jr TE 1 6-6 240
                5 Ja'Marr Chase LSU Jr WR 1 6-0 208
                6 Justin Fields Ohio St. Jr QB 3 6-3 228
                7 Jaylen Waddle Alabama Jr WR 2 5-10 182
                8 Micah Parsons Penn St. Jr LB 1 6-3 245
                9 DeVonta Smith Alabama Sr WR 3 6-1 175
                10 Trey Lance N. Dakota St. Soph QB 4 6-4 226
                11 Caleb Farley Virginia Tech Jr CB 1 6-2 207
                12 Kwity Paye Michigan Sr EDGE 1 6-4 272
                13 Christian Darrisaw Virginia Tech Jr OL 2 6-5 314
                14 Rashawn Slater Northwestern Sr OL 3 6-4 315
                15 Patrick Surtain II Alabama Jr CB 2 6-2 202
                16 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame Sr LB 2 6-1 215
                17 Trevon Moehrig TCU Jr S 1 6-2 202
                18 Azeez Ojulari Georgia Soph EDGE 2 6-3 240
                19 Alijah Vera-Tucker USC Jr OL 4 6-4 315
                20 Rondale Moore Purdue Soph WR 4 5-9 180
                Different places have different opinions. Have seen multiple people say Pitts is probably the number 1 guy in the whole draft in probably being able to come in and make the All Pro team in 2021. Some are projecting he has a legit shot at being more dominant at TE than Gronk is.

I do really like what I have herd about Sewell and his ability to play all the OL spots at a very high level. Would love to see him fill in the holes in 2021 ... maybe push someone out of the line up and then 2022 become full time starter who finishes his HoF career in Denver.

There is so much talk about the Qbs it is starting to make my head spin but there are some bona fide game changers out there are other spots. Guys who potentially can make a QB look real good.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

If Chase makes it to us...would people be mad we draft him?
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Different places have different opinions. Have seen multiple people say Pitts is probably the number 1 guy in the whole draft in probably being able to come in and make the All Pro team in 2021. Some are projecting he has a legit shot at being more dominant at TE than Gronk is.

I do really like what I have herd about Sewell and his ability to play all the OL spots at a very high level. Would love to see him fill in the holes in 2021 ... maybe push someone out of the line up and then 2022 become full time starter who finishes his HoF career in Denver.

There is so much talk about the Qbs it is starting to make my head spin but there are some bona fide game changers out there are other spots. Guys who potentially can make a QB look real good.
                    Right. I agree with you. I wasn't posting that as a definitive guide. I was just trying to provide a list of names that might be relevant to the thread starter. I wouldn't be angry if we drafted Pitts but I don't see TE at a position of need in the first round. We have Fant, and to a lesser extent Albert O, to fill the same role as receiving Tight End. And Pitts really isn't an impact blocker at all. He blocks like a WR. Which is fine because he's basically a really, really big WR. But he's not what we need. Tremble at TE for depth is what we need because he's a very, very good blocker who will need coaching to perfect his receiving game.

Taking one of the big two at OT (Sewell or Slater) is intriguing and it's another move I wouldn't be angry about. I do think we might have to move Bolles over to RT to get the best 5 in their best spots if we did that though. And I worry about how long it would take to get Bolles playing at a high level there. Be that as it may this is another situation where I don't think we need to take a guy in the first round. There will be at least one guy available at the top of the 2nd in a group of very good RT prospects. I think we have 4/5 of a great young line and I want to draft the other 1/5. I want to grab a guy that looks like the long term answer at RT and that's the sweet spot to do it.

I'm not enamored with any of the QB's within reach of the Broncos this year. I think the smart move is to go with Lock into the season and make the decision on him afterwards. If he's shown that he's not the guy at that point then we have built a solid team for the next man up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                      If Chase makes it to us...would people be mad we draft him?
                      I would. Trade down a few slots and grab the extra picks.

Comment

I would be ok with Pitts, if by chance, he fell to #9 as undoubtedly he would be BPA, but not a position of real need. He's a generational talent, but really any offensive player outside of OL would disappoint me.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                          I would be ok with Pitts, if by chance, he fell to #9 as undoubtedly he would be BPA, but not a position of real need. He's a generational talent, but really any offensive player outside of OL would disappoint me.
                          I'd be shocked if Pitts was there but I would take him and trade Fant. Lock is cheap and I would only grab Wilson or Fields at 9. Trade back, I say. This draft has a lot of great players.

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post

I'd be shocked if Pitts was there but I would take him and trade Fant. Lock is cheap and I would only grab Wilson or Fields at 9. Trade back, I say. This draft has a lot of great players.
                            Unless Shurmur is allergic to 12 personnel, why would they trade Fant? In that case, fire Shurmur and get a real OC.

No need to trade back if Parsons is available.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                            X