NE trade back scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE trade back scenario

so doing a pff mock I came across an interesting scenario and wanted to see what everyone thought...

we are sitting at 9 with trey lance still there and new england wants to trade up to get him. They are willing to give up a lot

new england gets: #9

broncos get:
    2021 - #15, #46
    2021 - 1st, 2nd
    2022 - 1st, 2nd

would you draft trey lance or take the picks?
    *this is strictly a hypothetical. i have my doubts that ne would give up that much
    Glen Haven Fire

That is an unrealistic haul. We wouldn't even need to give that much up to go to # 4. Take the picks. Kinda ruins the need for me to go check out pff

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
      That is an unrealistic haul. We wouldn't even need to give that much up to go to # 4. Take the picks. Kinda ruins the need for me to go check out pff
      this is the only trade on pff that ive found out that a team will give up a lot to get their guy. this only happens for me if lance is there at 9 which doesnt happen often. usually they have carolina picking him

the only thing i can figure is that they have lance as NE main squeeze and all they really need at this point is a qb and a few other bits and pieces. with the bears and steelers needing a qb as well who knows what competing offers they have built in
      Last edited by armedequation; 04-26-2021, 05:26 AM.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
        so doing a pff mock I came across an interesting scenario and wanted to see what everyone thought...

we are sitting at 9 with trey lance still there and new england wants to trade up to get him. They are willing to give up a lot

broncos get:
        2021 - #15, #46
        2021 - 1st, 2nd
        2022 - 1st, 2nd

*this is strictly a hypothetical. i have my doubts that ne would give up that much
        I originally read this as us getting 6 picks......it's only four....the way you laid it out, looked like 6, my bust.

Comment

PFF is quirky as hell. Often rewarding with high grades the unrealistic trades or multiple trades over staying in place and selecting a quality player. Or players lingering way too long before being selected. An example would be J. Davis LB often still available in the 3rd or even 4th rds.

Getting 3 firsts and 3 seconds would certainly fall into that “quirky” column for me.

As stated, I would make that trade instantly. I would likely be interested for the two picks this draft a 2nd rd pick next year. All depends on who else is also still available.

Can’t wait to see how Paton and Co think about Lock. All the hidden tell tale signs being found to indicate which way they are leaning is mis-direction and part of the game. We are only a couple days away from finding out just how much they see in Lock or any of the draft picks as the QB of the future. Can not wait to see them reveal their cards.

Comment

If the Broncos believe Lance or Fields or Jones are it (all three could be), you think they would take 3 first round picks if they fell to us?

Do you the the Jags would take 5 firsts and 5 second round picks for the 1st? Nope, they won't. A franchise QB is the most important position in the NFL.

With that said, maybe they do believe in Lock and in that case they would trade back but I doubt it.

We take a great QB prospect at 9, then let Lock have the first 8 or so games to see what he's got, if he's got it, that number 9 QB can be traded. If he doesn't, next up.

This is the quickest way to potentially winning the division. Hell, I'd be OK swinging twice at QB this draft with Trask, mond or mills in the 4th, that how important it is to find us a QB and I know for a fact, all the fans would be estatic if Lock still ended up with a Josh Allen type year after spending all that draft capital on QB. You know why? QBs are worth a lot and it would not be wasted.

Comment

There's no way anyone would give us that many high picks. If Lance turned into a bust which is likely then the pats would be pretty screwed the next few years.

We would have to be crazy not to take that

Comment

Obviously would do this in a heartbeat, but no way NE offers that.

If we're moving back to 15 I think the best we could hope for is 15, 46, and a 2nd next year.

If we move back to 20 maybe we get something closer to that offer but I think it's still like 20, 52, and a 1st next year.

I think both scenarios of going back to 15 or 20 are realistic. Especially if Fields or Jones is sitting there at 9.
                A book I wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                  Obviously would do this in a heartbeat, but no way NE offers that.

If we're moving back to 15 I think the best we could hope for is 15, 46, and a 2nd next year.

If we move back to 20 maybe we get something closer to that offer but I think it's still like 20, 52, and a 1st next year.

I think both scenarios of going back to 15 or 20 are realistic. Especially if Fields or Jones is sitting there at 9.
                  I mean this is the same team that gave up a 2nd round pick for Sanu. When they value a guy, they go above and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I mean this is the same team that gave up a 2nd round pick for Sanu. When they value a guy, they go above and beyond.
                    How a team "values" a player is the key. If NE values a that #9 QB so highly, why don't the Broncos?

This draft is going to be a huge indicator of how highly they value Lock. If they don't, why would you give away that pick and QB prospect to the Pats for anything? Even a huge collection of assets as listed.

If they value Lock, that type of trade or decision to draft another position at #9 is a huge win for the Broncos. We will find out in a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I originally read this as us getting 6 picks......it's only four....the way you laid it out, looked like 6, my bust.
                      my bad. sorry for confusion

star- theres no indication lance is a bust.

the main thing here is do we do a deal with a franchise we cant stand to potentially give them a great qb and be set up great with draft ammo or do we tell them to go jump in the creek and get our qb of the future.

for the record i turn their picks into the following:
                      slater
                      jok
                      davis
                      williams
                      cox
                      eichenberg

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

wierd...wont let me upload the draft results...says im not authorized...youll flip when you see the actual draft

can a mod help me post it please?
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

broncos get:
                          2021 - #15, #46
                          2021 - 1st, 2nd
                          2022 - 1st, 2nd

Thx for this pal! Yes, I do think the simulator is a bit generous.

I mentioned elsewhere, if Atlanta got a knock on the door from The pats, maybe they throw in Gilmore. Hey, give me Gilmore and I'm listening! One of the best CBs in the game!!

Last edited by CanDB; 04-26-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

my bad. sorry for confusion

star- theres no indication lance is a bust.

the main thing here is do we do a deal with a franchise we cant stand to potentially give them a great qb and be set up great with draft ammo or do we tell them to go jump in the creek and get our qb of the future.

for the record i turn their picks into the following:
                            slater
                            jok
                            davis
                            williams
                            cox
                            eichenberg
                            I do like your picks!!!

Comment

for the record. just for fun, i tried trading with the jags for the number 1 overall and it took 3 years of picks 1-6 to get it.
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X