Trey Lance or Mac Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Lance or Mac Jones

So if one or both of these QuarterBacks are there at # 4 who do you all want to pick? The truth is that with Fields going to San Francisco ( not Mac Jones ) that will leave us with those two options more likely at #4 which would require a trade up what would you all prefer Denver to do in this 2021 NFL Draft? I say I hope Denver drafts the LB Parsons.

niether. either we stay at 9 or trade down. too many needs.

players we need to find backups/replacements other than qb:

fuller
    callahan
    jackson
    von
    james
    gordon
    johnson
    jewell

to a lesser extent patrick.

these are all players on year contracts. dont see us replacing ant of these players without our 2nd/3rd this year and first next year...maybe more than that

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      niether. either we stay at 9 or trade down. too many needs.

players we need to find backups/replacements other than qb:

fuller
      callahan
      jackson
      von
      james
      gordon
      johnson
      jewell

to a lesser extent patrick.

these are all players on year contracts. dont see us replacing ant of these players without our 2nd/3rd this year and first next year...maybe more than that

While I agree with you on not wanting either of the 2 QBs listed, I disagree with the reasoning of it being because we need to groom replacements. There will always be a list of guys who need to be replaced or have depth behind them, you’ll never have the perfect roster. If you believe in a QB you have to take the shot, but Fields is the only QB I really believe in as a long term franchise guy. Lance may get there, but he’s a ways off for now and I don’t think Jones will ever be the guy to get you over the hump. He may end up being good but I think his ceiling is maybe a year or two of deep contention with a bunch of first round exits or narrow playoff misses.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

While I agree with you on not wanting either of the 2 QBs listed, I disagree with the reasoning of it being because we need to groom replacements. There will always be a list of guys who need to be replaced or have depth behind them, you’ll never have the perfect roster. If you believe in a QB you have to take the shot, but Fields is the only QB I really believe in as a long term franchise guy. Lance may get there, but he’s a ways off for now and I don’t think Jones will ever be the guy to get you over the hump. He may end up being good but I think his ceiling is maybe a year or two of deep contention with a bunch of first round exits or narrow playoff misses.
        i like the 2 qbs. i just dont want to give up the draft capitol to go to 4 for then right now. I think both qbs are better than lock of the past 2 years.

your not gonna have the $ to replace all of those guys so how are you suppose to replace them if you dont have draft picks? with the exception of a few all of those players listed are starters.
        Last edited by armedequation; 04-26-2021, 11:45 AM.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

No moving up for Jones.

No drafting Lance.

Move up for Fields, if both the Jets and 49ers get stupid.

If Jones at #9, I won’t complain but would prefer Parsons or possibly even Slater. I’ve seen some have Slater ranked higher than Sewell.

If no Parsons or Slater, consider trade back opportunities, if possible.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I like Mac Jones....I am also self aware enough to know I hope the Broncos completely ignore my poorly researched opinion.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Choice is easy. I'll take Jones over Lance, but then I like my QB to stay in the pocket, not run at the 1st sign of pressure.

Comment

I see SF taking Jones, But he would be my preference. It's hard not to love Lance's game, and given he has the strongest arm of the top 5 QBs. But Jones looks like the long term type of QB everyone wants. He is not fast, and he does not have a powerful arm, but he has a solid football IQ, and gets the ball where it needs to be. And he is a student of the game and never stops studying.

Comment

I wouldn't take either... I like Fields if he's available or if they trade up. With the direction the prototypical QB is moving too in the NFL, Jones will not last in my opinion. Mobile QB's is the new norm as we move forward. Lance is SO green, (loads of talent), he needs time and as Denver fans, aren't we tired of waiting? Fields is the only QB I'd trade up for, or stay put for at #9. Otherwise, I think a trade back scenario is what we will see.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                    Choice is easy. I'll take Jones over Lance, but then I like my QB to stay in the pocket, not run at the 1st sign of pressure.
                    Stay in the pocket like Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson? Scaredy cats right?
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                      The truth is that with Fields going to San Francisco ( not Mac Jones )
                      Do you have a source for that truth? NY Post reported yesterday he is out of the running. I also read multiple source yesterday (including McShay) that seems to indicate Lance or Jones. Then I read a former GM that said Fields. Just curious if you have anything more substantial.

Personally, I think Fields is a great choice for the 49ers, but I haven't read anything that says we should make that assumption.

Comment

My preference would be to NOT take Lance or Jones. If Fields or Sewell is there, I hope we sprint to the podium.

If Jones or Lance is on the board at 9, I would rather trade down than take Parsons. It would be nice to get another draft pick or two on Day 2

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeGees View Post
                          You must have hated Elway.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Neither. Either stay at #9 and make a pick, or, if able to, trade down.

Good day.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post

Do you have a source for that truth? NY Post reported yesterday he is out of the running. I also read multiple source yesterday (including McShay) that seems to indicate Lance or Jones. Then I read a former GM that said Fields. Just curious if you have anything more substantial.

Personally, I think Fields is a great choice for the 49ers, but I haven't read anything that says we should make that assumption.
                              It would just be insanity to draft Mac Jones at # 3 as well as Trey Lance to be honest I even think #3 is to high for Justin Fields because lets be real here when has an Ohio State QB ever been even somewhat good in the NFL? Honestly none of the mention to me is worth # 3 pick now one that to me is gaining traffic is Stanford's QB David Mills. We all know how Stanford QB's do right? Just sayin.

Comment

Working...
                              X