48hr hr out big board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48hr hr out big board.

Who is YOUR top 9 in order? I do not want my 5th rated QB. If we are in win now mode Jones. If we are planning for the future it’s Lance. I think Fields falls in the middle of those 2, so that’s why he is on my board as #4 regardless.

1. Lawrence
    2. Wilson (guess I’ll believe the scouts hype)
    3. Trey Lance ( for new offensive minded coach 2022?)
    3. Mac Jones (smartest QB/opposite of Lock win now mode?)
    4. Justin Fields ( could be Watson down the road?)
    5. Kyle Pitts
    6. Sewell
    7. Chase
    8. Slater
    9. Surtain II

Last edited by MHOC; 04-28-2021, 03:53 AM.

What exactly is the question?

I promise that no team has five quarterbacks rated as the five best football players.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Your Big Board for the Broncos if you were running The draft.

Comment

I struggled with this. I'm basing this on who I think will help most the fastest. Based on Paton's signing of vet FAs, I believe he's giving Fangio every chance he can. Fangio waited 30+ years for his chance to be a HC and he has to know this season is do or die for him. So I put a big preference on the players that seem to be the most ready to contribute right away.

When you look at it from this perspective, there really aren't many players that will start for the Broncos Game 1, not counting for injuries. Generally in most drafts, we'd want a starter with the #9 overall pick (or a QB).

This is the order I'd draft them for the Broncos:

1 Trevor Lawrence

2 Zach Wilson

3 Kyle Pitts

4 Penei Sewell

5 Micah Parsons

6 Rashawn Slater

7 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - I like him more than most but would gamble and try to trade down to get him.

8 Patrick Surtain

9 Caleb Farley

Of these players, I think only Lawrence, Pitts and Parsons would start for us Game 1. J O-K would probably play a lot in certain packages. But where will Surtain or another CB play this year? I think even Sewell and Staler would struggle to start as raw rookies that opted out last year.

I would also consider moving down, especially if 3 of these players were still on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post

6. Sewell

8. Sewell
          You listed Sewell twice. Did you mean Slater?
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Yes I did.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              What exactly is the question?

I promise that no team has five quarterbacks rated as the five best football players.
              I think you missed the point. When you enter a draft, as MHOC has asked, you list your players one by one and cross them off before you pick....which leaves you with your preferred players when you step up to the plate.

BTW, that's MHOC's take on things. he can list whoever he wants.

I would go:

Lawrence
              Wilson
              Jones
              Pitts
              Sewell
              Parsons
              Slater
              Surtain III
              Lance/Fields (tie)

(probably change it by tomorrow!!)

Update (We Got Bridgewater)

Although we may still want a QB in round one, my board is as follows:

Lawrence
              Wilson
              Pitts
              Sewell
              Parsons
              Slater
              Chase
              Jones
              Surtain III
              Last edited by CanDB; 04-28-2021, 12:20 PM.

Comment

My Top 9 Big Board:

1. Lawrence
                2. Fields
                3. Sewell
                4. Wilson
                5. Pitts
                6. Chase
                7. Lance
                8. Smith
                9. Slater

Immediately following them are Waddle, Jones, JOK, and Farley.
                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

1. Trevor Lawrence
                  2. Penei Sewell
                  3. Kyle Pitts
                  4. Zach Wilson
                  5. Ja'Marr Chase
                  6. Justin Fields
                  7. Jaylen Waddle
                  8. Micah Parsons
                  9. Rashawn Slater

Too much offense. Strong year for O, less so for D?
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The Broncos will take into consideration talent and need with this list.

1. Lawrence :He better be good because he is going to be scrutinized to the nth degree

2. Sewell: This is a really good Tackle. It might be too hard to pass on because he could probably play guard better than Glasglow right now even if you believe James has a great year.

3. Pitts: This guy is either going to terrorize the league like a Kittle /Kelce or really shock a lot of "experts" if he were to fail. The caveat is a future trade may come soon after.

4. Fields: This is the guy if he falls to nine Paton would take. Today he is the guy I would take at #9 if 1 and 2 are gone.

5. Parsons: This is the guy Fangio wants at #9 and if he can really cover TE's he even makes our current guys great not mention our D.

6. Wilson: Tough to know if Paton and company like him as much as every other draft expert/GM because so many have already penciled him in at #2 to the Jets.

7. Slater: He is really close in talent to Sewell almost a 2b. He like Sewell is also better than most every lineman not named Bolles on our roster. At least in the very near future he should be.

8. Horn: Guessing he fits Fangio system best

9. Surtain III: To me the best CB in the draft

10. Lance: I really, really , like this kid. Personality great, athleticism great, toughness to this point great. Can Shurmur work an offense center around his skill set? Does that matter to Paton? Winning with him this year is possible just a bit of guess work.

Comment

Glad I made the title 48 hr out lol. With TB being traded for, that might change some things for the big board. Patton has really put us in a spot to take BPA or trade up/back. TB only cost us a 6th and it was a great trade!! I’m going to have to redo my BB later tonight.

Comment

Well looks like my Big Board might be wrong already. Oh Well

Comment

1. Trevor Lawrence

2. Justin Fields

3. Penei Sewell

4. Kyle Pitts

5. JA’Marr Chase

6. Jaylen Waddle

7. Rashawn Slater

8. Micah Parsons

9. Patrick Surtain
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

1. Horn
                            2. Darrisaw
                            3. Mayfield
                            4. JOK
                            5. Davis
                            6. Williams (RB)
                            7. Cosmi
                            8.Onwursuriki
                            9. Mond

Comment

Well I could have drafted Fields but I would have taken at least what the Bears gave up for 11. Then try and move back up a few spots if it was worth it.

I would have taken Slater if we didn’t want a QB or trade back. Would have been nice to have the Bears 1 next year.

also not taking the Bears deal and getting an extra first I guess we aren’t trying to be in a position to trade for Rodgers.

Comment

Working...
                              X