Bronco's just got Bridgewater.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco's just got Bridgewater.

Just heard on the Fan -Broncos traded for Bridgewater with Falcons paying part of the salary - sweet.
    Bronco Bob

Originally posted by bfallona View Post
    Just heard on the Fan -Broncos traded for Bridgewater with Falcons paying part of the salary - sweet.
    Falcons? Why would they pay part of Bridgewater's salary?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If this is true then it makes a first round QB selection more unlikely, don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
        If this is true then it makes a first round QB selection more unlikely, don't you think?
        Yes I would think so. Best player available at number 9 sounds awesome.
        "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Why would it take away the QB at #9 option? Either he or Lock benefit from a vet in the room.

It will be interesting to see just how much of his contract is getting picked up. The 6th is as good as I could have hoped.

Comment

sweet. That means no QB in the first. OT, CB or LB here we come.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO of all the QB's to be had why for the Love did it have to be Dirt Ball Teddy Bridgewater. Do we fans really think that Teddy is going to push Drew Lock LOL. Why have we become the Chicago Bears when it comes to QB's. Did Paton not see the horrible job he did in Minnesota or Carolina why do you think those Teams wanted no part of Dirt Ball Teddy Bridgewater. The New GM really missed the mark on this one UGH.

Comment

Makes sense on so many levels.

We could still take a QB early, more likely we trade Lock soon after. Bridgewater is a great pro to learn from for any young QB.

If we don't take a QB early Bridgewater could win games for us and keep us in contention as our starter this season.

If we don't take a QB early it's still possible Drew wins the starting job but he will have to up his game to do so. Win win.

Love every bit of this move. Only gave up a 6th and Panthers taking some salary.
                A book I wrote

Comment

I’m not going to overthink it. Great move bringing in a competent vet.

For a 6th and $3m a year seems like a great price.

Now we just need to wait to see what the next move will be. QB drafted or confidence in Lock. Huge decision!

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                    Makes sense on so many levels.

We could still take a QB early, more likely we trade Lock soon after. Bridgewater is a great pro to learn from for any young QB.

If we don't take a QB early Bridgewater could win games for us and keep us in contention as our starter this season.

If we don't take a QB early it's still possible Drew wins the starting job but he will have to up his game to do so. Win win.

Love every bit of this move. Only gave up a 6th and Panthers taking some salary.
                    If we don't make the playoffs, I could careless about winning games. It just hurts our chance the following years. Medicrocsy gets you no where in the NFL.

Comment

This makes me think we're going QB at 9 even more now. I doubt with this offense, Paton is confident turning it over to Teddy. I think he's meant to be a veteran presence to coach up the QB we select in the 1at round. There's no quality veteran QB presence in the QB room, including Lock. It's possible he's there to help Drew, but I'm thinking it's to groom a QB at 9, if he's there.

Comment

this doesnt eliminate a qb at 9 at all. this is the veteran who can start until drafted qb can take over or hes a competant back up to the starter.

i think hes better than some give him credit for. hes way better than trask as a back up.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Such a predictable move. Saw this coming since the Panthers traded for Darnold.

What is it with this team and bringing in below average QB's, aside from Manning?

If they have a chance at Fields and pass because of this trade, then Paton is not the GM to turn this dysfunctional franchise around.​​​​​

I'll even be ok with Lance... just not Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by S037474 View Post

If we don't make the playoffs, I could careless about winning games. It just hurts our chance the following years. Medicrocsy gets you no where in the NFL.
                            Is that a reference to medium size crocodiles or medical crocodiles?

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                              Such a predictable move. Saw this coming since the Panthers traded for Darnold.

What is it with this team and bringing in below average QB's, aside from Manning?

If they have a chance at Fields and pass because of this trade, then Paton is not the GM to turn this dysfunctional franchise around.​​​​​
                              What else is predictable?

Comment

Working...
                              X