Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2021 NFL Draft....With Emphasis On Our Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2021 NFL Draft....With Emphasis On Our Broncos!!

Ok gang. It's Thursday in some parts of our countries (and in much of the world), so here it is....this year's NFL Draft, from day 1 thru 3, and beyond.

Lets have fun with it!

I have been waiting for this day for some time! Can't wait to see what Paton and the crew are up to, and how much better we will be after this Draft is done!! And as of this moment, with the trade for Bridgewater, I might be even less certain of what will unfold. But I feel it's going to be good!!!

Like a good member, for the sake of all others here, PLEASE do not post the selections prior to the Commissioner announcing them. In past folks have received info prior to the rest of us, which can be very annoying. (Accounts like Rapaport, Allbright, Klis, etc. will leak the pick on social media before they are announced by The Commissioner.)

Thanks for listening!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2021, 12:30 PM.

The draft genuinely feels like Christmas morning to me. So much intrigue and mystery around the different variables and scenarios that could play out over the next few days. With a top ten pick and a roster seemingly on the precipice of playoff contention-- the stakes seem higher than ever before. Add that to the fact that this will be George Paton's first draft with Denver as the GM, it certainly feels like a new era. We are one step closer to deciphering Paton's philosophy.

Will today be the day Broncos Country finally finds their franchise QB? Will we see the first QB ever taken by Denver in the top 10? Or will it truly be Lock vs. Bridgewater for the starting job in training camp? Will Fangio get a difference-maker in the middle of the defense to take it to the next level? Will Munchak get his toy at RT? What about some trades?

These questions have held this fanbase in suspense for months now, and we are about to get some answers. I am excited (and frankly, a little burned out) for what will be a very interesting draft.

It's always a pleasure talking Broncos football with everyone year-round, but the run-up to the draft is my personal favorite. I cannot wait to see who the newest Broncos are and I am looking forward to joining everyone in the collective overreactions to our picks .

2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
      The draft genuinely feels like Christmas morning to me. So much intrigue and mystery around the different variables and scenarios that could play out over the next few days. With a top ten pick and a roster seemingly on the precipice of playoff contention-- the stakes seem higher than ever before. Add that to the fact that this will be George Paton's first draft with Denver as the GM, it certainly feels like a new era. We are one step closer to deciphering Paton's philosophy.

Will today be the day Broncos Country finally finds their franchise QB? Will we see the first QB ever taken by Denver in the top 10? Or will it truly be Lock vs. Bridgewater for the starting job in training camp? Will Fangio get a difference-maker in the middle of the defense to take it to the next level? Will Munchak get his toy at RT? What about some trades?

These questions have held this fanbase in suspense for months now, and we are about to get some answers. I am excited (and frankly, a little burned out) for what will be a very interesting draft.

It's always a pleasure talking Broncos football with everyone year-round, but the run-up to the draft is my personal favorite. I cannot wait to see who the newest Broncos are and I am looking forward to joining everyone in the collective overreactions to our picks .

I AM SO PUMPED!!

Been waking up earlier for the last few days, and just can't wait to get up and read up/watch NFL draft related coverage.

I agree, The NFL Draft is a proven winner. Once I got a real taste for it decades back I couldn't wait for it every year. I love most sports drafts, but The NFL, to their credit, make it an annual "can't miss" event!

Yes, so many possibilities tonight, and then tomorrow! And Saturday is the lower key day, but can actually be the difference in a team's fortunes. I've seen The Broncos have a decent first 3 rounds, not exceptional, and then hit home runs in rounds 3-7, as well as The Undrafted portion of the selection process. Yes you want high end homer runs, because of the competitive advantage at that level of talent, but the draft is far from over after day one.

Yes, The QB thing is usually a big deal each year, but because we're still in the hunt, it is even more interesting. Even after The Bridgewater trade. Hard to imagine 5 QBs going within the top 9 selections, but the odds are pretty good this year. Conversely, it's hard to believe that 5 QB draftees will all be successful....maybe only a couple in the end. We all know the batting average with QBs. And though some may say this group is special, who knows??

And that's always the flipside of the early draft. QBs may be the front page stories, but failure to acquire top tier non QBs when you have the chance can set you back, especially if you do it year after year. That's why a Pitts type is so intriguing to me. He is currently rated as one of the most likely to become an All Pro, so if you are looking for a weapon, he's your guy. And once again, WRs will be a real force in round one, and beyond. If you call Pitts a "receiver", there are possibly 4 "receivers" gone in the top 10. Top 15 almost for sure.

And I often talk about the safe, smart selections. Quality OTs in college usually translate to good OTs in The NFL. If they have pretty clean lifestyles, and they have good work ethic to support their film/pro days, odds are really in your favour. Same goes with CBs. And yes, in a passer driven game, you can be sure that Edge/OLBs will be in the mix.

So here we are folks. Almost there. So much excitement generating. And one can only imagine the trade possibilities, which of course we might be part of. And finally, if Paton is a resourcing talent, as he has been described, this could be the start of something special. We did not do well last season, but we are not really too far away from success.

Comment

Wonder if we are going to get some Pre Draft Day surprises. like a deal or two?

Haha...though I respect Belichick's coaching talent, and his management past, his draft track record has not been too good of late. But it's a given, so many eyes are on him going into another draft. And no matter what he does, even if it strikes you as "different", some dudes are going to giggle like little kids about what a genius he is. So if he moves up for a QB, he's a genius. If he stays at 15, he's a genius. And if he moves back.....hmmm, pure genius.

Comment

The way this offseason has gone, I have complete faith in whatever our team ends up doing today.

Granted, I'm an orange-colored glasses kinda guy, but I feel that way more than normal this offseason.

5 QBs likely to go in the 1st round today, maybe even in the top 10. Chances are 2-3 of them will be busts. If we don't pick a QB, it may just mean that a guy that we liked didn't fall to us, maybe we didn't like any outside the top 3 picks, who were all unreachable for us. That's outside our control.

If we trade up for a QB, then the FO really likes them, and you have to take that shot if you really like a prospect and you have the ability to take the shot. If we grab one at 9, great! I hope we keep 3QBs though.. hedge that bet, because that's still the biggest need for this team. I think Lock can turn the corner, but having other options in case is not a bad thing.

If we shore up the OL, great! All the more likely to make us succeed on offense, and I can't wait to see all this young talent in their second year in the system.

If we get an ILB, especially one that can help take out those pesky playmaker TEs that have plagued us over the years... awesome! How are you going to beat this Defense?!

If we trade down and gain more capital, particularly for next year, I would be happy with that! I really wish we could trade for future picks more often... but I know the option to do that isn't always there. But it seems like the best way to continue to get shots at top-10 picks when you're a well enough run franchise who seldom gets to pick in the top 5-10.

I just can't wait.

My only complaint, as it is every year, is that we only get one round for day 1.

(Disclaimer - I suppose there are moves that they could make that would make me unhappy, but I don't follow college enough to know in advance what those would be... guys who are a bad fit or not great character guys are pretty much it for me.)
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic
          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Haha...though I respect Belichick's coaching talent, and his management past, his draft track record has not been too good of late. But it's a given, so many eyes are on him going into another draft. And no matter what he does, even if it strikes you as "different", some dudes are going to giggle like little kids about what a genius he is. So if he moves up for a QB, he's a genius. If he stays at 15, he's a genius. And if he moves back.....hmmm, pure genius.
            I draw solace in the fact NEP will be picking higher next draft, hopefully first, and Billy boy will be more fired than a big fiery thing

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

I draw solace in the fact NEP will be picking higher next draft, hopefully first, and Billy boy will be more fired than a big fiery thing
              You.

I like you.
              Thanks, Reid!
              sigpic
              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Yeah......Belichick spent most of the bank on a group of FAs, and some are just ordinary. He's in full attack mode, realizing that Tommy and Edelman are nowhere to be found.

Comment

This is for the canucks in the crowd....he won't go tonight (well, maybe) but watch for Safety Jevon Holland to be the first canuck selected by tomorrow. This young man from Coquitlam, BC looks like a good pick. Could be 6 or so canucks drafted this year. Another one is RB Chuba Hubbard, though he's likely a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Comment

*Keeps checking watch.......starts pacing......tries to involve wife, but she is not falling for it. 9 hours to go!!!

MUST do a work out soon, to get some of the anxiety out.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

i hope we do i want to see some chaos lol

Comment

pre draft crazy talk.

supposedly theres a rumor of san fran and green bay talking about qb and pick trade...
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                          pre draft crazy talk.

supposedly theres a rumor of san fran and green bay talking about qb and pick trade...
                          Stop it!! But bring it on!!!

I think I was born with a "trade" chip.....cuz whenever I hear a trade in sports I get excited!

So are they saying Rodgers goes back to Cali, and GB gets their pick?? Hmmmmmmm
                          Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Why would GB do that? Didn’t they choose Love last year to be the heir apparent instead of a WR for Rodgers?

What a waste of assets if in any way true. Makes SF scary as hell though.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                              Why would GB do that? Didn’t they choose Love last year to be the heir apparent instead of a WR for Rodgers?

What a waste of assets if in any way true. Makes SF scary as hell though.
                              But it's just a rumour....and even I am capable of starting one.

Jimmy G may be involved yet though, because his name keeps coming up. But not in GB, unless they get Rodgers and their #3 pick and some more!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X