Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2021 NFL Draft....With Emphasis On Our Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well gang, that about wraps up day one. Two more days to go, and lots to discuss. I love the 2nd day, with 2 rounds and some really good players awaiting. Who knows, maybe we deal up or down.

And though our QB situation is not where everyone wants it to be, round one involved a talented player. who will probably be a pro bowler.

Til tomorrow....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
      I forgot everyone here can see the future. Fields is better than Mahomes, Lock cant improve, and JSII is complete trash. Unreal.
      lock better improve or were sunk and imo fields is better than lock but will wait and see how it pans out this year

Comment

• Originally posted by chessic View Post
        Guy on Mile High Huddle said Fields has epilepsy and altitude is an issue. Any truth to that?
        Just looked it up. Yes it’s an issue. Don’t know that Denver is necessarily high enough to be a concern. Didn’t go that deep in research.

We’ll find out the next time the Bears visit Denver.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Just looked it up. Yes it’s an issue. Don’t know that Denver is necessarily high enough to be a concern. Didn’t go that deep in research.

We’ll find out the next time the Bears visit Denver.
          If that's the case then fine, I can accept them passing on Fields.

But that had be the ONLY reason to pass on him.

​​​​​

Comment

• I'd like to see the Broncos grab this guy at some point..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tRwJ8NnNSI

Comment

• Dylan Moses in the second please
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

If that's the case then fine, I can accept them passing on Fields.

But that had be the ONLY reason to pass on him.

​​​​​
                It's not.

Point blank Surtain was the highest rated player on their board. That's from multiple sources.
                sigpic

Comment

• Move up to grab Teven Jenkins if they can.JOK is still there, too, even though he's more of a safety than an LB in the NFL. I also like idea of Barmore on our DLine, too.

Comment

• I am really happy with the pick. Would have preferred Micah, but Surtain was my 2nd option picking at 9. We have been spending a lot of capital on the CB position the past 3 years and Fuller, Callahan, and Jackson are all set to hit FA. CB was always a need going into this draft despite Fuller signing for a year.

I also approve of rolling with Lock for a 3rd year. There is no better result for us then having it click for Drew in year 3.
                    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• They drafted a damn good player. I’m good.

Also settled some of the QB uncertainty. It’s Lock unless some bizarre Rodgers trade goes down. Still trying to process how exactly this surfaces on draft day and the ramifications of it overall. Obviously they need to inquire about what it would actually take in assets to get it done. But I’m good with seeing just how much Lock has or can develop with some consistency.

Now we see what the next surprises will be. IMO the next three picks need to be OT, LB, RB. Order can change depending on BPA but it will be interesting to see how Paton decides to pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post

i agree have not had a franchise QB since Elway and we pass on both for Patons sake he better hope lock comes out like josh allen did last year
                        I have never felt so deflated after a draft as I feel tonight. It just feels like we finally were in a unique position to get a QB player who could potentially turn this team around and we passed.,

Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• The question becomes does Paton/ Shurmur think they already have a QB “that could potentially turn this team around” in Lock.

Allen’s improvement seems unrealistic. He raised his completion % 11 pts and went from 20tds/ 9 ints to 37/ 10. I would love to see that too. But a more realistic progression would be into that 25/ 10 range. Broncos play defense as expected and can fun the ball I think that is doable. If not , he’s not the guy.

Comment

• Hey when we drafted von miller people complained 🤷🏿‍♂️
                            GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

It's not.

Point blank Surtain was the highest rated player on their board. That's from multiple sources.
                              Then it's obvious this team has no plan at QB. They're just winging it. And it's probably because Fangio is trying to keep his job.

They say they like Lock and still believe in him, yet they looked into trading for Stafford and I'm sure they had looked at Watson, before the allegations came out.

And they're probably inquiring about Rodgers too.

They have not openly said Drew is their QB. If they want to give him another year, and they still believe in him, then just say it. And say Bridgewater is the backup QB. Make it clear that Drew is their guy for 2021.

Make it clear that you're giving Drew another year. Make it clear that Teddy was brought in to be the backup. Make it clear going into the draft that a QB in round one was not an option.
                              ​​​​​​
                              But they didn't. And that tells me they don't have a plan and it also tells me that there's more than a 50/50 chance that Bridgewater can be our starting QB next year.

This team is so afraid to make a decision at QB and stand by it.
                              Last edited by sra84; 04-30-2021, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Alright Rd 2/3 coming up. Who are some targets out there?

I'm really hoping for Javonte Williams at 40. OL probably should be taken at some point as well. Wonder if we're thinking about trading back or up at either of our picks today. Should be fun!

Surtain was a pick that surprised me a bit with the free agent moves we've made, but Callahan and Fuller are FA after this season so I understand the logic behind it. A lot of drafting is done with an eye on contracts.
                                A book I wrote

Comment

Working...
                                X