Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2021 NFL Draft....With Emphasis On Our Broncos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Not doing this to pick on you because you didn't build the roster, but does anyone not see a huge problem here?
    IIRC Calvin Anderson had one start at Left Tackle and one at Right Tackle last year. He's a Swing Tackle. Should be on depth chart at both spots.

Lock and James have received votes of confidence from Dove Valley. Both have been in the facility working out and preparing during the offseason.

We'll see how it goes. Denver has cap space. Could still sign a free agent backup T.
    Last edited by samparnell; 05-02-2021, 05:51 AM.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Not doing this to pick on you because you didn't build the roster, but does anyone not see a huge problem here?
      I was a bit lazy there. I think Calvin Anderson could play both LT and RT spots. I mean Anderson did have to make that spot start at LT against CAR last season and fill in at RT in the 2nd LV game. I’m just not very high on Quinn Bailey and our newly-signed UDFA Drew Himmelman. We should definitely look to add one more reserve OT.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• From top to bottom, I think Paton and the Broncos killed this draft. Absolutely love what they did!
        2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Whether or not the Broncos did well this draft depends almost entirely how the careers of Justin Fields and Mac Jones turn out vs Lock’s career.

For me, it will also be a little bit about Micah Parsons’ career vs Patrick Surtain’s career.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I think our new GM, and staff, had a decent 1st Draft!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              I think our new GM, and staff, had a decent 1st Draft!

That's how I describe it. To better assess, you always would like to know his endgame, and other considerations. Because it's hard to judge the outcome not knowing the long term plan. As I often say, the Surtain choice was not really much of a shocker given how many mocks had us taking a CB for months. Surtain is almost the perfect CB. Some of us liked Parsons, given we loaded up on CBs in FA, and of course some wanted a QB. And Williams is probably a can't miss RB. I love a good run game. My question was, could we have waited a pick for a back and taken care of need at 2? That's just me.

I think the rest of the draft was efficient and effective. Players that fit our roster and the types that our leadership want.

Could be a 3 starter draft, given time, with some likely long term backup/STers. I always hope for 3 starters, but that's just one of my little games.

Comment

• I was just thinking about why you draft Surtain...

In terms of simple wording

SURTAIN = CERTAIN

I mean, this dude is about as safe, and in a good way, as it it gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I was just thinking about why you draft Surtain...

In terms of simple wording

SURTAIN = CERTAIN

I mean, this dude is about as safe, and in a good way, as it it gets.
                  i agree he will be good BUT IF fields turns out to be a star which we have not had since elway it was not the right pick imo

Comment

• I like Fields but, he could be the next "Dwayne Haskins" as well????

Comment

• and i read where fangio said lock and bridgewater will split the snaps in camp and if bridgewater wins its even bigger mistake not taking fields because teddy is not the long term answer

Comment

I like Fields but, he could be the next "Dwayne Haskins" as well????
                        That's true but I think Haskins is used too often to describe what could happen to rookie QBs. For one thing, Fields is built like an athlete......and I don't expect him to be gaining a load of weight anytime soon. Plus I am sure he puts in the work. I know, Haskins is an example of a top tier draftee falling off the map. But if Fields does not succeed, it would be mainly for different reasons. Maybe inaccuracy would be the closest thing to possible similarity. But I am pretty sure he will be more accurate...and stay in great shape and put in the work.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

That's true but I think Haskins is used too often to describe what could happen to rookie QBs. For one thing, Fields is built like an athlete......and I don't expect him to be gaining a load of weight anytime soon. Plus I am sure he puts in the work. I know, Haskins is an example of a top tier draftee falling off the map. But if Fields does not succeed, it would be mainly for different reasons. Maybe inaccuracy would be the closest thing to possible similarity. But I am pretty sure he will be more accurate...and stay in great shape and put in the work.
                          I agree with you.

I was just thinking that it's such a crap shoot with these young quarterbacks. You never know who is going to be the real deal????

Comment

I agree with you.

I was just thinking that it's such a crap shoot with these young quarterbacks. You never know who is going to be the real deal????
                            Yes....I thought that was your opinion. I did not mean to take aim at your comparison. But you are so right, QBs at this age and experience are not proven NFLers. The odds are not that good that they will be successful.

The odds on a player like Surtain are probably good at minimum.

Comment

• lol 😂! Ok. Nothing they did changes the fact, and by fact the STATS and win loss record backs it up, the poor Denver Broncos will go into the season with close to the worst QBs on their roster in the NFL! Yeah let’s let it play out . 8 wins may be hard to get.
                              sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

I was a bit lazy there. I think Calvin Anderson could play both LT and RT spots. I mean Anderson did have to make that spot start at LT against CAR last season and fill in at RT in the 2nd LV game. I’m just not very high on Quinn Bailey and our newly-signed UDFA Drew Himmelman. We should definitely look to add one more reserve OT.
                                Yeah. Calvin Anderson (two starts/132 snaps) is a Swing Tackle and offers quality depth at low cost. Agree that the T position looks thin. Cap space seems to be available if they want to sign an UFA like Ricky Wagner, Alejandro Villanueva or Eric Fisher. Word is that Ja'Wuan James has been working out at Dove Valley during the offseason. Paton said they had some Tackles they like in the Draft, but they were gone just before Denver picked. We shall see.
                                Last edited by samparnell; 05-02-2021, 11:54 AM. Reason: add
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X