Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which trade package would you choose for rodgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rather fans like it or not, it's gonna cost at least 3 first rounders just to make a call, with extra picks and a play to get Rodgers. Others don't even ask the team to pick up the phone. Because the only way Rodgers is getting traded is if him and the Packers don't make amends and he doesn't retire. At that point its gonna cost a very rich trade offer.

sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      these are the supposed trade packages (possible) for rodgers:

QB Drew Lock, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second

OG Graham Glasgow, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 second

OLB Von Miller, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fifth

of all of them id probably go glasgow and hope that rodgers can play at a high level for at least 3 years. maybe you can throw in another player to lessen it but it wouldnt be much impact on what youd send.

which would you pick?
      I think your pricing is way off. Nobody is paying 3 firsts for a 37 year old qb

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        Rather fans like it or not, it's gonna cost at least 3 first rounders just to make a call, with extra picks and a play to get Rodgers. Others don't even ask the team to pick up the phone. Because the only way Rodgers is getting traded is if him and the Packers don't make amends and he doesn't retire. At that point its gonna cost a very rich trade offer.
        Not a chance. Pack has no leverage. They have a disgruntled QB thats in the final few years of his career and has made a boatload of cash. He can walk away anytime and leave them with 0. Yes he would have to pay back some of his bonus but when you made the money he has life goes on. Plus, Whatever team signs him has to have the cap room to absord his contract and sign him to a new contract as well. VERY few teams have that sort of cap room. We do.

Then you look at the teams that are actually in the market for a qb. ITs not that many after the draft so they wont have nearly as many suitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsam View Post

Not a chance. Pack has no leverage. They have a disgruntled QB thats in the final few years of his career and has made a boatload of cash. He can walk away anytime and leave them with 0. Yes he would have to pay back some of his bonus but when you made the money he has life goes on. Plus, Whatever team signs him has to have the cap room to absord his contract and sign him to a new contract as well. VERY few teams have that sort of cap room. We do.

Then you look at the teams that are actually in the market for a qb. ITs not that many after the draft so they wont have nearly as many suitors.
          You fail to understand the Packers don't have to trade him just because he ask. The leverage that have is teams asking and having a demand. As it's already been proven, 2 teams have openly contacted the Packers and got shot down. ESPN reported multiple GMs have said there is no point is even trying to inquire a Rodgers trade. Rodgers only gets traded if Green Bay decide to do it and a team meets there demand, otherwise he's a Packer or retired. Regardless of what outside fans hope and wish or think because they want Rodgers in the uniform of the team they like.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

37yr old Rodgers is better than 33yr old Stafford. It cost Goff, 2 first, and a third for Rams to get Stafford. If you asked the Rams if they'd throw in an extra 1st to have had Rodgers instead, they'd make that trade.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
              The firsts wouldn't be too bad... they might as well be seconds. With our current roster, we'd be a playoff team all 3 years.
              Very true. Dependent on Rodgers staying healthy once he's here, but giving up 3 picks that are in the late 20s for 4-5 years of HOF QB play? Take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Plus with Rodgers there are going to be guys who inevitably outperform their talent, thinking about receivers specifically, who you can then deal away for draft picks if you really need to load up on youth at some point.
              A book I wrote

Comment

37yr old Rodgers is better than 33yr old Stafford. It cost Goff, 2 first, and a third for Rams to get Stafford. If you asked the Rams if they'd throw in an extra 1st to have had Rodgers instead, they'd make that trade.
                Your gonna get 7-8 years out of stafford 2-3 out of rodgers. Not a fair comparison. Nobody is gonna pay 3 firsts for an Rodgers.

Comment

You fail to understand the Packers don't have to trade him just because he ask. The leverage that have is teams asking and having a demand. As it's already been proven, 2 teams have openly contacted the Packers and got shot down. ESPN reported multiple GMs have said there is no point is even trying to inquire a Rodgers trade. Rodgers only gets traded if Green Bay decide to do it and a team meets there demand, otherwise he's a Packer or retired. Regardless of what outside fans hope and wish or think because they want Rodgers in the uniform of the team they like.
                  Thanks for telling me what I fail to understand.

I think I understand just fine whats happening. Two teams contacted the packers PRIOR to the draft. They have now spent draft picks based upon having a new direction. So many teams that were curious about him are now going to be out of the market.

Also, as I stated above, the stafford trade is apples and oranges. Stafford still has 7-8 years of top tier play, Rodgers 2-3. Your gonna pay a 1st rounder every year to rent this guy? When he retires you have no young players and no QB. Any GM that did that would get fired.

Comment

read the whole thread please...i already posted that those arent my prices....i didnt write the article
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Your gonna get 7-8 years out of stafford 2-3 out of rodgers. Not a fair comparison. Nobody is gonna pay 3 firsts for an Rodgers.
                      2-3 chances at winning the super bowl. You clearly underestimate NFL teams...which ESPN is reporting that the Broncos continue to make calls about Rodgers. Don't be surprised if 3 first is included in a deal for him, if there is a deal at all.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Thanks for telling me what I fail to understand.

I think I understand just fine whats happening. Two teams contacted the packers PRIOR to the draft. They have now spent draft picks based upon having a new direction. So many teams that were curious about him are now going to be out of the market.

Also, as I stated above, the stafford trade is apples and oranges. Stafford still has 7-8 years of top tier play, Rodgers 2-3. Your gonna pay a 1st rounder every year to rent this guy? When he retires you have no young players and no QB. Any GM that did that would get fired.
                        No GM would be fired for trying to win super bowls. 2-3yrs of being a Super Bowl team is worth a lot to a GM and front office. As well, there will be players that get made to look like superstars, DeSean Hamilton could put up Pro Bowl numbers with Rodgers throwing him the ball, Denver could trade him for a group of mid round picks. Say the trade happens, and Denver is a top team, that's 3 first round picks in from 28 to 32. Which are viewed as glorified 2nd round picks.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Bridgewater plus 5 picks:
                          2022,23,& 24 1st Rd picks
                          22,&24 2nd rd picks
                          23 3rd rd pick.

Bridgewater instead of Lock so they have a veteran to pair with Love.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                            Bridgewater plus 5 picks:
                            2022,23,& 24 1st Rd picks
                            22,&24 2nd rd picks
                            23 3rd rd pick.

Bridgewater instead of Lock so they have a veteran to pair with Love.
                            And what contract extension are you offering that Rodgers accepts?

Also not to be too picky, you state six picks.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

And what contract extension are you offering that Rodgers accepts?

Also not to be too picky, you state six picks.
                              Oops ( yes six)
                              As far as an extension goes I would extend him two season.
                              sigpic

Comment

I’m pretty sure one of those firsts were thrown in for the Lions to take on Goff’s contract, not for Stafford himself. If they took out a 1st I don’t think the Lions decline that trade, to be honest I don’t think the Rams had to offer any 1sts for the Lions to accept. That was just a bad trade by a team who was desperate to get rid of their QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X