Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which trade package would you choose for rodgers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    If we trade for Rodgers I want to keep Lock, let him hold the clipboard and learn. In a couple of years if we haven't won it all, we can plug Lock back in and see if he's matured and improved.
    What if GB wants Lock? Would that be a deal breaker for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

What if GB wants Lock? Would that be a deal breaker for you?
      I hope that's a rhetorical question..

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

I hope that's a rhetorical question..
        Just checkin, bud. You never know around here.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          these are the supposed trade packages (possible) for rodgers:

QB Drew Lock, 2022 first-rounder, 2023 first-rounder, 2024 first-rounder, 2022 second-rounder, 2023 third-rounder

WR Courtland Sutton, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second

OG Graham Glasgow, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 second

OLB Von Miller, 2022 first, 2023 first, 2024 first, 2022 second, 2023 fifth

of all of them id probably go glasgow and hope that rodgers can play at a high level for at least 3 years. maybe you can throw in another player to lessen it but it wouldnt be much impact on what youd send.

which would you pick?

edit to add that these are not my idea:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....e-offers-rumor
          I posted this in another forum, so please excuse the repetition.
          What if Rodgers retires? If hge then unretires and plays for Denver, does the team have to give up anything at that point? I don't know how these things work.....

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I posted this in another forum, so please excuse the repetition.
            What if Rodgers retires? If hge then unretires and plays for Denver, does the team have to give up anything at that point? I don't know how these things work.....
            They have to release him. That, or trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              It is a tough call for me. I’m not as enthusiastic for the trade as most others.

There are unknowns that could dramatically effect the overall outcome. Most are simply thinking adding Rodgers is a easy transition and path to a SB from day one. Is it?

How well does he get along with Shurmur, system, other players? Seamless fit or does it take a couple seasons to figure out fit and chemistry. How a many years can or will he play?

As for the contract extension, how many other players will need to be moved to make cap space? Is Rodgers so unhappy he is willing to sign for $25m or going for the max because he has the leverage.

As I stated, I liked Stokes in the draft. A talented player. But he is a poor replacement to Surtain. I wouldn’t trade Surtain.

But I’m also a realist. Rodgers becomes available and the Broncos will go well beyond my acceptable line in the sand in trade/ contract assets I’d be willing to send.
              i think aaron would do fine under shurmers system. shurmer seems to do better with vets than he does rookies.

i would include glasgow in this trade but that was before the james incident. we might need him if they try dalton at tackle. If they would take teddy then include him as theres no reason to keep him and he would have a chance to start in gb.

I doubt aaron would go max but i also doubt that hed go cheap too.

as far as fit goes i think it would be fine. hes had a lot less in gb than what he would have here even if patrick is gone and hes made that work in gb.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I would give Lock, Surtain, and three future firsts. That would be the equivalent of four firsts and a quarterback to compete with Love.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  I would give Lock, Surtain, and three future firsts. That would be the equivalent of four firsts and a quarterback to compete with Love.
                  Fair enough. I could stomach that deal ( barely) but without Surtain included.

Also, prefer his extension is closer to $25m then $35m.

Comment

Interesting:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...?partner=Yahoo

If this is true, the GB Fans will treat him no better than they did Farve'

Comment

I'd go with something like 2 firsts and a second. Then for every year after the first two seasons Rodgers is on our roster, we swap our first for their second. The problem is the "market". Gruden was Rodgers QB coach when Rodgers was young. Gruden covets QBs. I'm afraid it will be a bidding war and it's as much keeping Rodgers from the Raiders as getting him for ourselves. How would you like to be the team in the division without Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert?

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                        I'd go with something like 2 firsts and a second. Then for every year after the first two seasons Rodgers is on our roster, we swap our first for their second. The problem is the "market". Gruden was Rodgers QB coach when Rodgers was young. Gruden covets QBs. I'm afraid it will be a bidding war and it's as much keeping Rodgers from the Raiders as getting him for ourselves. How would you like to be the team in the division without Mahomes, Rodgers and Herbert?
                        Gruden was in Tampa when Rodgers was drafted. You’re thinking of Favre.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

You don’t trade that much for 2 years. That type of trade you should be getting 5 plus years from a player expectation. A franchise QB, not a short term rental. I would consider 1 1st and several 3rds plus Lock.

Comment

Originally posted by RockWarrior84 View Post
                            You don’t trade that much for 2 years. That type of trade you should be getting 5 plus years from a player expectation. A franchise QB, not a short term rental. I would consider 1 1st and several 3rds plus Lock.
                            Rodgers could possibly play another five years.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I dont like a single one of those trades.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                                I like the innovation...interesting.... fraught though with uncertainty and I'm not meaning to discount, it's just open ended. Not sure, maybe there has been a similar trade in the past?

Comment

Working...
                                X