We Need an OT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

Villanueva signed with the Ravens ... 5/4/2021 that's TODAY ... DANGIT!
    Darn! Ricky Wagner is still available, I think.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Wonder just how much cap space they have to use though.

If they are truly in play for Rodgers behind the scenes, they need that cap space to fit him in, correct?

If not, they need to complicate the potential trade with an included high ticket player or release someone. Both create problems of their own.

This is another aspect of this Rodgers issue I find frustrating. The needing to wait for a dysfunctional relationship to be resolved. It freezes the Broncos in practical matters like use of cap. And freezes emotional thought by keeping Lock and the team in limbo until they know if Rodgers is available and a realistic option. Or just wishful thinking?

The dream is always better then the hard work of reality. Broncos and fans are stuck in time and inaction waiting for a decision that may never come. This use of cap space issue is just one way it negatively effects the team.

Good question. If we capture someone from Dove Valley, perhaps we can make him talk by using the rack or the comfy chair!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Or they could mix in Risner at RT in the 2nd or 3rd as a refresher.

Schwartz is still a FA, Leno could be an option. There will probably be some other guys that get cut so we should have a few more options.
        You mean during 2nd/3rd quarter of a game? Cool idea.

Yeah, Charles Leno, Dennis Kelly, Ricky Wagner, Cam Fleming, Le'Raven Clark. Broncos need another Tackle just for TC practice. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

You mean during 2nd/3rd quarter of a game? Cool idea.

Yeah, Charles Leno, Dennis Kelly, Ricky Wagner, Cam Fleming, Le'Raven Clark. Broncos need another Tackle just for TC practice. We shall see.
          We did it with Evan Mathis rotating in at OG with I believe Max Garcia and won a super bowl so crazier things have happened lol

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

We did it with Evan Mathis rotating in at OG with I believe Max Garcia and won a super bowl so crazier things have happened lol
            I like that idea. It could give Ja'Wuan James a chance to re-acclimatize and give a good look at Dalton at RT at the NFL level. Muti could fill in at LG. Could answer some questions. Munchak is more than capable of managing this kind of shuffle. There might be some hiccups at the start, but if done regularly could build a more complex and flexible O-Line chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Good question. If we capture someone from Dove Valley, perhaps we can make him talk by using the rack or the comfy chair!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Comment

Charles Leno would be nice to bring in.

I also am a big believer in Calvin Anderson.
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

With the union trying to negotiate for an opt out, are we sure James is going to play this season?

Hopefully they have found a possible answer among the CFAs.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/...ffensive-line/

Is he a viable candidate ?

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
                        He might be the leading candidate. With James out, Denver now needs two Tackles unless Risner makes a permanent move to RT.

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoSum View Post
                          I, for one, am excited to see Ja'wuan James back in action. When he plays, he's an extremely talented RT, but.....1) I'm not sure how he'll look after basically two years out of football, and 2) can we count on him, as he's been a complete headcase. I'm really high on Anderson as a backup, but aside from those two, we have nothing at RT. We'll at least need another backup. Do we resign the aged Dotson? Also, we have crazy depth at interior OL, and might have 5 players who can start. I'm sure it's been brought up on boards, but what does everyone think of moving Risner back to OT? Or perhaps we trade Glasgow (who is overpriced in my opinion) for some OT depth and/or other considerations (as I think Muti is already better than Glasgow)? While we're on that subject, we have too many WRs, and have a few tradeable assets in Patrick and Hamilton (and there are a number of WR needy teams), and I couldn't help but notice Fangio's and Paton's snub of Freeman. Maybe we can trade one or all of those players for an OT? What does everyone else think? Is anyone as worried about OT as I am?
                          Alright. Out of respect for Ja'Wuan (as a human being and humanitarian), I'm going to second the suggestion of others to move Risner to tackle. That or Anderson can step up. Hopefully James can somehow return at some point this year, and contribute. I already told myself I was going to play the optimist this year, and I'm not stopping now.
                          Last edited by Spice 1; 05-04-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

leno dotson or wagner need to bring in 1 or 2 of them in

Comment

Not sure what the FA market looks like as far as strength at tckle. Bears released Charles Leno recently, he started every game since 2014 for them. I think he played LT so maybe he could make the switch to RT? I know that's not always an easy transition to make. Not seeing a ton of options on our roster. Maybe Calvin Anderson develops quicker than expected.

A book I wrote

Comment

Not sure if I was being prophetic, or I jinxed us. Either way, now we're in deep trouble. If Schwartz is at all healthy, I'd definitely sign him, but backs are tricky injuries. Otherwise, I'd like to see if Risner or Anderson can handle the RT duties, and I'd probably sign Wagner, although he looked washed last year. I hope this doesn't portend another year of massive injuries. But this seems like business as usual.....another year, another no-show with Ja'Wuan James. I definitely hope we're off the hook for his salary, since he was working out on his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X