No announcement yet.

We Need an OT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still do not fully understand the contract situation.

Hoping the next couple days has some clarification of what exactly James is owed, or how much the Broncos have available this year for a replacement, or most importantly what the Broncos choose to do as a contingency plan.

Comment

Originally posted by IncognitoSum View Post
      Not sure if I was being prophetic, or I jinxed us. Either way, now we're in deep trouble. If Schwartz is at all healthy, I'd definitely sign him, but backs are tricky injuries. Otherwise, I'd like to see if Risner or Anderson can handle the RT duties, and I'd probably sign Wagner, although he looked washed last year. I hope this doesn't portend another year of massive injuries. But this seems like business as usual.....another year, another no-show with Ja'Wuan James. I definitely hope we're off the hook for his salary, since he was working out on his own.
      Risner to right tackle needs to happen, and we need to bring in a veteran for depth.
      Demar Dotson may be an option, he doesn’t offer much in the run game.
      sigpic

Comment

Veteran OT Bobby Massie also scheduled to meet with the Broncos for their right tackle opening, per source. Nine-year vet released by Bears this offseason. So, Dennis Kelly and Massie among those visiting Denver.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Veteran OT Bobby Massie also scheduled to meet with the Broncos for their right tackle opening, per source. Nine-year vet released by Bears this offseason. So, Dennis Kelly and Massie among those visiting Denver.
          After checking up on available Tackles, really hope Denver signs Dennis Kelly. He started at RT for Tennessee last year on the O-Line Derrick Henry ran behind. He gave up no sacks and was penalized twice (two false starts and one penalty declined). He has caught two TD passes (played TE and basketball in HS) Except for his rookie year in Philly and last year, he has been mostly a backup starting 22 games (mostly RT) between 2012 and 2020. He has played about 3500 snaps (12 penalties) in eight seasons which is roughly equivalent to almost four years straight starting every game, so he has a lot of tread left.

Before Ja'Wuan James' injury, Denver had thirteen O-Linemen on the roster. If they plan on 1st, 2nd, 3rd team O & D, they will need three more O-Linemen for TC including at least one more Tackle.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

After checking up on available Tackles, really hope Denver signs Dennis Kelly. He started at RT for Tennessee last year on the O-Line Derrick Henry ran behind. He gave up no sacks and was penalized twice (two false starts and one penalty declined). He has caught two TD passes (played TE and basketball in HS) Except for his rookie year in Philly and last year, he has been mostly a backup starting 22 games (mostly RT) between 2012 and 2020. He has played about 3500 snaps (12 penalties) in eight seasons which is roughly equivalent to almost four years straight starting every game, so he has a lot of tread left.

Before Ja'Wuan James' injury, Denver had thirteen O-Linemen on the roster. If they plan on 1st, 2nd, 3rd team O & D, they will need three more O-Linemen for TC including at least one more Tackle.
            Imagine running the football behind a line made up of Bolles, Risner, Meinerz, Muti and Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Imagine running the football behind a line made up of Bolles, Risner, Meinerz, Muti and Kelly.
              Sounds like a Running Back's dream.

P.S. Or, House of Pancakes.
              Last edited by samparnell; 05-05-2021, 03:31 PM. Reason: add
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I hate this for James. He was working to become a better player and POP. I've had this happen to me and it came as a huge surprise. So did the pain when I woke up from surgery. I recovered and I'm sure Juwann will, too, but I bet he hangs 'em up.

Comment

Working...
                X