Broncos sign Bobby Massie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign Bobby Massie

According to Ian Rapoport, it's for 1 year, $4 million.

Another player signed despite injury risks. Hope this one works out.

At 1 yr $4M I wonder if another OT is still added.

Isn't $4M the amount currently "saved" by James going on season IR list?

Comment

I don't like this signing. Would have preferred Dennis Kelly.

This stinks of Fangio's connection to Chicago.

For as much good as the Broncos have done this off-season, they really make some questionable, and frankly, foolish moves.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        I don't like this signing. Would have preferred Dennis Kelly.

This stinks of Fangio's connection to Chicago.

For as much good as the Broncos have done this off-season, they really make some questionable, and frankly, foolish moves.
        it brings in another Body to compete with Anderson and Pace that actually has starting experience at the position. and 4m over 1 year is pretty cheap this reminds me alot of the Dotson signing
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

He will be solid in the run game. Not a great pass protector 3 sacks in 8 games.
          I think he is better than Anderson.
          sigpic

Comment

I genuinely hope this isn’t their only move. They need depth at OT badly

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

it brings in another Body to compete with Anderson and Pace that actually has starting experience at the position. and 4m over 1 year is pretty cheap this reminds me alot of the Dotson signing
              My issue is Massie missed the last 8 games last year because of a knee injury. Kelly played all 16 games. And I think Kelly is just better too.

Comment

My issue is Massie missed the last 8 games last year because of a knee injury. Kelly played all 16 games. And I think Kelly is just better too.

I like Kelly too but last year was the only time in his 9 year career he has started all 16.
                sigpic

Comment

i can understand that, Paton must have either felt more comfortable or maybe Kelly could still be signed. either way at this point in the offseason you are more likely to find a below average starter then anything. so i am not sure how much it changes. i think the big mistake was to count on James with out an real back up plan. or really elway signing him here in the first place.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i can understand that, Paton must have either felt more comfortable or maybe Kelly could still be signed. either way at this point in the offseason you are more likely to find a below average starter then anything. so i am not sure how much it changes. i think the big mistake was to count on James with out an real back up plan. or really elway signing him here in the first place.
                    I get that you're not going to get a stud OT at this point. Truthfully, this whole situation is why I really wished they would have drafted at least a tackle or two over the last two drafts.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      I like Kelly too but last year was the only time in his 9 year career he has started all 16.
                      He was mostly a backup throughout his career. Plus, he played left tackle for Tennessee when Taylor Lewan was suspended.

The guy has been solid when asked to fill in.

Comment

He was mostly a backup throughout his career. Plus, he played left tackle for Tennessee when Taylor Lewan was suspended.

The guy has been solid when asked to fill in.
                        He may want to cash in on only season he started all 16, his stock will never be higher.
                        Kelly has suited up for 104 games and started 47 of them.

Hopefully we get a full season out of Massie
                        he has started 110 of 118 games he has played.
                        sigpic

Comment

I get that you're not going to get a stud OT at this point. Truthfully, this whole situation is why I really wished they would have drafted at least a tackle or two over the last two drafts.
                          i just hope our first round pick an OT in 2022 after Lock or Bridgewater shows us we don't need a QB cause they play well. at least one can dream right? i feel we have a strong OT class coming up this next year.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

Lol you guys. Foolish? The guy has missed like 8 games his career. And Munch is the one that would choose not fangio. Calling this foolish is silly.

Ps. We wont have a first rd pick next year
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                              Lol you guys. Foolish? The guy has missed like 8 games his career. And Munch is the one that would choose not fangio. Calling this foolish is silly.

Ps. We wont have a first rd pick next year
                              if you get your heart set on getting Rodgers and it doesn't happen will that break you. i wont expect a team to trade an MVP QB till it actually happens. Generally you don't part with elite QBs
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                              X