X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sra84
    Football Immortal
    • Mar 2019

And as much as I like Javonte, a running back is no good if the offensive line can't hold up.

Comment

• skeeter01
      Football Immortal
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
      And as much as I like Javonte, a running back is no good if the offensive line can't hold up.
      I've read he slips tackles pretty well. Who needs a line man to block when you're that good.

Comment

• sra84
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I've read he slips tackles pretty well. Who needs a line man to block when you're that good.
        Don't get me wrong, I love his physicality. But that doesn't mean I don't want him having to have some clear running lanes every now and then. Also, taking on tacklers like that will lead to a short career. You can only truck defenders for so long before your body is beaten down.

Comment

• 58Miller
          Football Immortal
          • Jul 2013

In the run game Maddie shouldn’t have any issues, this guy is a bull dozer. He is just an ok pass blocker.
          sigpic

Comment

• JustinFields
            Practice Squad
            • Aug 2021

Massie is not good. But for 4 million you guys could have done worse.

Comment

• listopencil
              Revenant
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by JustinFields View Post
              Originally posted by listopencil View Post

It looks like it doesn't matter if we have one or not. The Broncos were in a perfect position to address this problem during the last draft and screwed it up. It wouldn't surprise me to see this FO sign a low cost FA that isn't really all that good to be our new starter at RT this year.

You don't say?
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                Football Immortal
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by JustinFields View Post
                4M? Massie's contract is for 2.5M with dead cap hit of 1.575M. His actual cap hit if he makes the team will be 2.275M so actually it looks like the Broncos did better than you say.
                Where did you get 4M?

I noticed that the Bears have Elijah Wilkinson projected on their depth chart as the starting LT ... at least the Bears aren't paying much at all for him (<1M)... 39yr old Jason Peters is listed as the backup? Good thing Fields can run. The Bears have a 3.9M dead cap hit from Massie.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X