Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos sign Cameron Fleming!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Broncos sign Cameron Fleming!!!

    Troy Renck

    @TroyRenck
    ·
    24m
    #Broncos will have competition at RT. One day after signing Bobby Massie for $4 million, they have agreed in principle on one-year deal with Cam Fleming for roughly $3.6M, source confirms.
    @TomPelissero
    had first #Denver7
    sigpic

  • #2
    For those worried about Massie staying healthy, Fleming started all 16 games last year.

    We have a solid oline with great depth. Only our rookie Meinerz has not started an nfl game. Schlotman may not make the final 53. The best out line has looked in a long time.

    LT Bolles / Anderson
    LG Risner / Muti
    C Cushenberry / Meinerz
    RG Glasgow/ Schlotman
    RT Massie or Fleming

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      For those worried about Massie staying healthy, Fleming started all 16 games last year.

      We have a solid oline with great depth. Only our rookie Meinerz has not started an nfl game. Schlotman may not make the final 53. The best out line has looked in a long time.

      LT Bolles / Anderson
      LG Risner / Muti
      C Cushenberry / Meinerz
      RG Glasgow/ Schlotman
      RT Massie or Fleming
      Denver signed Bobby Massie and Cam Fleming for not too much more than it might have taken to sign Dennis Kelly. Massie and Fleming at RT should be plenty of veteran depth. Doubt if Denver will carry ten O-Linemen on the roster. Like you, I think Austin Schlottmann is on the bubble in spite of being a versatile inside guy.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • #4
        What a surprise. Oline depth should not be an issue this season.

        Nicely played Paton

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
          What a surprise. Oline depth should not be an issue this season.

          Nicely played Paton
          Most were under the impression that it would be one of either Fleming, Massie or Kelly. To get two of those three is a nice surprise.

          Comment


          • #6
            This was a Great Signing !! Way to go GM Paton. Still mad at that Teddy signing though lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
              This was a Great Signing !! Way to go GM Paton. Still mad at that Teddy signing though lol.
              Why you mad about teddy signing? He give’s us a veteran in the Qb room and we got him at a great price $4.4 mil for a veteran to back up our young QB. We cut Driskel and Hamilton and those two moves make Bridgewater free!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                The depth part is great. Are you folks happy with one of them starting, given they came fairly cheap?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  The depth part is great. Are you folks happy with one of them starting, given they came fairly cheap?
                  I’m happy because they both are proven starters. Neither is an All Pro level guy but all we need is consistency at that spot.
                  The price is good for a season.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    I’m happy because they both are proven starters. Neither is an All Pro level guy but all we need is consistency at that spot.
                    The price is good for a season.
                    Ok then. Not familiar with these folks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Both good signings. Proven dependable vets.

                      Massie looks to be more of RT only. Spent his entire career on that side. Experience counts.

                      Fleming looks to be more of a swing OT, experience on both sides.

                      At least now they have some overall depth on the oline. Hopefully the stability gets the rushing game going and can protect Lock. Both very good things for a successful year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        Both good signings. Proven dependable vets.

                        Massie looks to be more of RT only. Spent his entire career on that side. Experience counts.

                        Fleming looks to be more of a swing OT, experience on both sides.

                        At least now they have some overall depth on the oline. Hopefully the stability gets the rushing game going and can protect Lock. Both very good things for a successful year.
                        Hard to say of course but I'm picturing Massie as the RT and Fleming as the Swing:

                        LT: Bolles/Fleming
                        LG: Risner/Muti
                        C: Kush/Meinerz
                        RG: Glasgow/Muti
                        RT: Massie/ Fleming

                        I would expect all of the IOL to get reps at both Guard positions and Center during practice. I would also expect Risner to get reps at RT at least, if not both OT spots. We do need camp bodies to fill out three complete lines but I believe they have already been working on that.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          This was a Great Signing !! Way to go GM Paton. Still mad at that Teddy signing though lol.
                          Bridgewater is an upgrade over Driskel.
                          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great to have a starter at RT and depth at OT. I guess they weren’t ready for Anderson to step in. It’s too bad about James’s injury, but it’s good there was still enough time to address the position. I hope we draft a OT next year and can get off this treadmill!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by listopencil View Post

                              Hard to say of course but I'm picturing Massie as the RT and Fleming as the Swing:

                              LT: Bolles/Fleming
                              LG: Risner/Muti
                              C: Kush/Meinerz
                              RG: Glasgow/Muti
                              RT: Massie/ Fleming

                              I would expect all of the IOL to get reps at both Guard positions and Center during practice. I would also expect Risner to get reps at RT at least, if not both OT spots. We do need camp bodies to fill out three complete lines but I believe they have already been working on that.
                              i could see anderson staying it really depends do you want 8 or 9 oline men
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X