Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i could see anderson staying it really depends do you want 8 or 9 oline men
    I don't recall how many O-Line the Broncos kept on the 53 man roster through the weeks last season. Subbing in and out of rosters was pretty hectic and the rules were made more lax, I think. So I don't know how reasonable it would be to keep 8 O-Line on the 53 man roster...but it would be nice. I wouldn't mind the 8 I listed in those roles. But I have a nagging feeling that teams prefer 7 instead. The active roster is a different story though. I would think that 9 wouldn't be out of line if we actually have 9 possible legitimate contributors.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I don't recall how many O-Line the Broncos kept on the 53 man roster through the weeks last season. Subbing in and out of rosters was pretty hectic and the rules were made more lax, I think. So I don't know how reasonable it would be to keep 8 O-Line on the 53 man roster...but it would be nice. I wouldn't mind the 8 I listed in those roles. But I have a nagging feeling that teams prefer 7 instead. The active roster is a different story though. I would think that 9 wouldn't be out of line if we actually have 9 possible legitimate contributors.
      https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ter-in-the-nfl

Offensive linemen (9)

This is the position that causes coaches and personnel men to lie awake at night. Most teams would love to keep 10 offensive linemen on the active roster because they are so hard to find on the street. Coaches and personnel will fight over how many offensive linemen to dress on game day. Can the backup offensive guard play center if called upon? Can the starting right tackle kick over and play left tackle in case of injury in the game?

Having versatile linemen on the roster is the key for successful teams. If a club can get away with dressing only seven offensive linemen like the Pittsburgh Steelers did at times in 2012, that allows the team to dress more players at other positions. Even if a team dresses eight players for game day, most personnel men would love to have a total of 10 players on the active 53-man roster due to the lack of depth at the position league-wide. Every general manager wants to have two developmental types for the coming years on the roster.
      Eitehr way alot of people keep 8 or 9. the other thing that will be interesting for the broncos. is will Rypien be on the final or will they just keep lock and Bridgewater.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

i could see anderson staying it really depends do you want 8 or 9 oline men
        I was thinking same thing.
        Last year we had 9, no reason to not have 9 this year.

2020 / 2021
        LT Bolles / Anderson / Bolles / Anderson
        LG Risner / Muti / Risner / Muti
        C Cush / Schlotman / Cush/ Meinerz
        RG Glasgow/ Schlotman /Glasgow/ Muti
        RT Wilkinson / Dotson / Massie /Fleming

When I look at our Oline going into this season I see we have upgraded our right tackle starter and backup with two veteran starters.
        Meinerz looks like a future starter but I could see him this year probably not dressing for many games, instead he will get stronger and learn the offense in practice. Gonna be hard to see a guy like Schlotman cut because he can start at both guard spots and center. Glasgow does give us a player who can swing over to Center if Cushenberry went down.

For the first time in a long time we are deep at Oline.
        sigpic

Comment

Two guys that will probably end up on our practice squad, Munchak can work his magic on these raw prospects. I have heard a lot of good things about Laugfenberg, many surprised he wasn’t drafted.

Guard - Nolan Laufenberg 6’4” 312lbs
          Tackle -Drew Himmelman 6’9” 323 lbs
          sigpic

Comment

Turns out it was a really smart move to sign a second right tackle.

Massie apparently has missed 14 starts over the last two seasons after being mostly durable for his first five seasons. Conveniently or coincidentally, the 14 missed starts came after getting a big contract.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Hard to say of course but I'm picturing Massie as the RT and Fleming as the Swing:

LT: Bolles/Fleming
              LG: Risner/Muti
              C: Kush/Meinerz
              RG: Glasgow/Muti
              RT: Massie/ Fleming

I would expect all of the IOL to get reps at both Guard positions and Center during practice. I would also expect Risner to get reps at RT at least, if not both OT spots. We do need camp bodies to fill out three complete lines but I believe they have already been working on that.
              I haven't been so optimistic about Denver's OL since Elway's playing days.

I expect a playoff game and hope for a SB win.

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                Two guys that will probably end up on our practice squad, Munchak can work his magic on these raw prospects. I have heard a lot of good things about Laugfenberg, many surprised he wasn’t drafted.

Guard - Nolan Laufenberg 6’4” 312lbs
                Tackle -Drew Himmelman 6’9” 323 lbs
                what do you think of pope i think he could easily end up on the PS also.

also Laufenberg is from the Air Force doesn't he need to serve 3 years of active server before he can play on the roster?
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

what do you think of pope i think he could easily end up on the PS also.

also Laufenberg is from the Air Force doesn't he need to serve 3 years of active server before he can play on the roster?
                  Along with Himmelman he is in the pipeline.
                  I think Munchak can bring out the best in players.
                  He took Bolles from a bust to a 2nd team All-Pro.

He got Alejandro Villanueva as a 250 Defensive End and turned him into a 320 lb 2x pro bowl LT.

sigpic

Comment

Along with Himmelman he is in the pipeline.
                    I think Munchak can bring out the best in players.
                    He took Bolles from a bust to a 2nd team All-Pro.

He got Alejandro Villanueva as a 250 Defensive End and turned him into a 320 lb 2x pro bowl LT.

Munchak is probably the one coach i really like in the staff, but only time will tell if he can fix the RT spot. i am really confident in our Interior o-line it looks really strong expecially once developed.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

Munchak is probably the one coach i really like in the staff, but only time will tell if he can fix the RT spot. i am really confident in our Interior o-line it looks really strong expecially once developed.
                      What he did with Bolles was amazing.
                      RT this season is a band aid, next year I believe we will draft a right tackle with a first or second rd pick.

Munchak needs to do his magic on Cushenberry or Meinerz probably starts next season.

Risner at LG and I think eventually Muti takes over at RG in the next couple seasons.
                      sigpic

Comment

What he did with Bolles was amazing.
                        RT this season is a band aid, next year I believe we will draft a right tackle with a first or second rd pick.

Munchak needs to do his magic on Cushenberry or Meinerz probably starts next season.

Risner at LG and I think eventually Muti takes over at RG in the next couple seasons.
                        i don't know Cam Flemming may surprise people and show he can be a multiple year starter. he is still pretty young for an Oline men at 28
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm

Comment

i don't know Cam Flemming may surprise people and show he can be a multiple year starter. he is still pretty young for an Oline men at 28
                          That would be awesome!
                          42 career starts, has started both tackle spots, been used as extra blocker ( tight end) , and started in SB 52. Good guy to have on the roster. Big upgrade over Wilkinson/Dotson.
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be awesome!
                            42 career starts, has started both tackle spots, been used as extra blocker ( tight end) , and started in SB 52. Good guy to have on the roster. Big upgrade over Wilkinson/Dotson.
                            i mean i am pretty sure you could put about any one out there and he would be an upgrade to Wilkinson. Wilkinson does not have the speed or agility to handle edge rushers in the nfl.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm

Comment

That would be awesome!
                              That would be interesting to be able put out a 6-man O-Line on the Goal Line and actually have 6 O-linemen you'd want on the field.

Comment

Heck, can you imagine a Goal Line package of 7 O-Line with Sutton and Jeudy out really wide to mess up the D with Lock handing off to Gordon in the backfield? But actually having 7 O-linemen to do it with?

Comment

Working...
                                X