• Show
Clear All

• Bleacher report says we should acquire ryan this year

I laughed a lot so i had to share:

we get : qb matt ryan

we give up: 2 firsts and drew lock

are you laughing like i did?
    Glen Haven Fire

Denver has recently drafted well in R1, so it's a hard pass for me.
    ​​​​​​​
    '21 CB Patrick Surtain II
    '20 WR Jerry Jeudy
    '19 TE Noah Fant
    '18 DE Bradley Chubb
    '17 LT Garret Bolles

I want Denver to solidify the RT & ILB in round 1 during the '22 and '23 drafts.

Comment

Yeah, that'd be a hard no.

I'm sick of taking other team's castoffs and end of the road franchise QB.... I don't even want Rodgers next year. He's too old and I don't know how committed he is year to year.

I want us to actually draft and develop a young QB into a franchise QB we have for a decade.

Unfortunately, I don't see any QB in next year's draft that can be that. It looks like a very weak class.

That's not a lot of options next off-season.

Right now, our only real hope of not ending up in quarterback purgatory for another couple of years is that Bridgewater has a good year, the Broncos win enough games to save Fangio's job and Bridgewater is our QB for the foreseeable future, and we don't make the mistake of taking one of the quarterbacks in next year's draft. As for Lock, I never thought he had it and sorry to say but I don't think he will. His problems aren't physical talent, it's the mental part of his game.
      Last edited by sra84; 08-27-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Fair connection to make, we have become the home of the washed veteran quarterback. Why wouldn't Denver be interested in another ? Does anyone actually think Teddy is more than a short-term filler here ? We will be back in the quarterback market sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          Fair connection to make, we have become the home of the washed veteran quarterback. Why wouldn't Denver be interested in another ? Does anyone actually think Teddy is more than a short-term filler here ? We will be back in the quarterback market sooner rather than later.
          No this isnt next year. They are trying to say we should do it right now. The laughable part is paying 2 first rounders with that contract he has at his age.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

LOL Washed up Matt Ryan wow our QB Debacle just keeps getting worse LOL .

Comment

I would take Matt Ryan over Teddy Bridgewater.

I don’t know if I would give two firsts though.

The idea isn’t something to laugh at.

My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl
              Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

When I first saw this I thought it meant we should hire 49ers DC DeMeco Ryans as our head coach by the end of the year, and honestly I would be okay with that.

But giving up two 1sts and Lock is laughable for Matt Ryan.
                https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  I would take Matt Ryan over Teddy Bridgewater.

I don’t know if I would give two firsts though.

The idea isn’t something to laugh at.

Sure it is. Trading 2 firsts and lock the week before the season starts for a qb thats about done with a massive contract? If thats not funny, im not sure what humor is.

why dont we try developing a qb instead of trying to microwave month old meatloaf and hope its 5 star....
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Sure it is. Trading 2 firsts and lock the week before the season starts for a qb thats about done with a massive contract? If thats not funny, im not sure what humor is.

why dont we try developing a qb instead of trying to microwave month old meatloaf and hope its 5 star....
                    We just gave up on developing a quarterback and went with stale meatloaf.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

We just gave up on developing a quarterback and went with stale meatloaf.
                      I never said that i liked that decision, i dont (and i like teddy more than some). But dont compound that by giving away 2 firsts and your young qb for a 2nd stale meatloaf.

2 loafs dont make a right
                      armedequation
                      cafe official sidekick
                      Last edited by armedequation; 08-31-2021, 08:01 AM.
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

I never said that i liked that decision, i dont (and i like teddy more than some). But dont compound that by giving away 2 firsts and your young qb for a 2nd stale meatloaf.

2 loafs dont make a right
                        Matt Ryan isn’t stale meatloaf. He’s day old meatloaf and can still be good.

I don’t know that I would give up two firsts for him, maybe a first and a fourth.

The truth is, the only thing laughable about the trade scenario in the OP is the idea that the Falcons would agree to the trade.

The Broncos should absolutely want Matt Ryan over Bridgewater or Lock. It’s just unrealistic to think they can get him now that the draft has passed. The time to trade for Ryan would have been at pick #9 with Fields and Jones still sitting there for the Falcons to select. That’s of course if this were a perfect world. I think Ryan’s cap situation made such a trade difficult, if not impossible.

Sean McVay may not say so publicly, but I think he is very happy and excited to have Matthew Stafford over Jared Goff. Stafford and Ryan have always been among the top half/top ten of quarterbacks despite the lack of postseason success. Ryan has had more than Stafford. How could the Broncos not have a similar feeling about Ryan over Bridgewater?

Ryan would be a short term answer, but the Broncos need short term success to cleanse the stench of unfamiliar failure.

Ryan will not be a Bronco. Teddy is the guy.

You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Who comes up with this stuff? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Art of Defense View Post
                            Who comes up with this stuff? No.
                            Right LOL Unreal

Comment

If this was just for this year, with a much lower offer from us, it might actually have some merit. Ryan is good enough to get the ball to our talented group of receivers, and could actually take us further than the 2 gents we have now. But the compensation factor has to be significantly downsized. Maybe a QB and a lesser draft pick. Maybe. It comes down to how far could he realistically take us, and then factor in the trade value. Different draft value depending on the QB we give up. Again, it's a one year, get us to the playoffs deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X