Bleacher report says we should acquire ryan this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    If this was just for this year, with a much lower offer from us, it might actually have some merit. Ryan is good enough to get the ball to our talented group of receivers, and could actually take us further than the 2 gents we have now. But the compensation factor has to be significantly downsized. Maybe a QB and a lesser draft pick. Maybe. It comes down to how far could he realistically take us, and then factor in the trade value. Different draft value depending on the QB we give up. Again, it's a one year, get us to the playoffs deal.
    Remember, most of the folks who gauge the league state how good our roster is, and then rank us in the lower level of the league. They seem to be saying, you look very good, but you need a QB for us to believe in you. Is this surprising to anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Remember, most of the folks who gauge the league state how good our roster is, and then rank us in the lower level of the league. They seem to be saying, you look very good, but you need a QB for us to believe in you. Is this surprising to anyone?
      No offense but i dont care what the folks say. The timing of that piece saying we need to spend 2 1sts and lock right at the end of training camp seems like a click bait piece. Yes ryan is good but im not spending a 3rd or higher plus lock when ryans contract is a bazillion dollars. Yes we have capspace but look at who we may need/want to resign next year. You need that high draft capitol for the turnover alone let alone the money for fa.

no to any kind of meatloaf. I want to see this team develop a qb for once in a few decades.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

No offense but i dont care what the folks say. The timing of that piece saying we need to spend 2 1sts and lock right at the end of training camp seems like a click bait piece. Yes ryan is good but im not spending a 3rd or higher plus lock when ryans contract is a bazillion dollars. Yes we have capspace but look at who we may need/want to resign next year. You need that high draft capitol for the turnover alone let alone the money for fa.

no to any kind of meatloaf. I want to see this team develop a qb for once in a few decades.
        That's cool. I just think that people who analyze the sport see our QBs as a bit of a problem, and therefore come up with possible solutions. I certainly would not spend much on Ryan. But he is definitely ranked ahead of our current guys, which is possibly why this sort of suggestion makes a little bit of sense....but only at the right price. I see it as a "one year window" that they believe could advance what is certainly respected as a good team overall....just lacking in a solid leader.

Comment

After his game today, the Falcons would have to give up draft picks just to move Ryan. His arm looked shot, 10 yard routes were taking forever for the ball to get there. I think Slay took pity on him on one play because he had an easy pick that probably would’ve been 6 but he opted just to bat the ball down.

Comment

Doing what?!

Comment

Working...
            X