2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

To start, these of "my" top QBs for the upcoming year. This is in particular order who I like. Of course these can and will change as the season progresses. I'm not saying they will go #1 overall. Not as bad of a class but not as good as this years.

#1A Matt Corral - ole miss 6'1 210lbs- I just like how he plays. good deep ball accuracy and Good Pockett presences. Very good shifty runner. Dare I say Russell Wilson-ish

#1a Malik Willis- Liberty 6'1 213lbs - I like him too. Is strong ball accuracy I love. Some have a very strong arm but no accuracy with it. Josh Allen has developed Strong arm accuracy. "not saying he us Josh Allen"

Kevin Slovis -USC 6'3 206lbs
    Love how he stand tall in the pocket, good field awareness, he is pocket dancer like "Tom Brady" and I'm NOT saying he will beca Brady. Nice release too. Need to watch more film

Sam Howell 6'2 223 N.C.
    If Baker Mayfield and Tebow fused together out spit Sam Howell, physical runner, good deep ball thrower. He benefited from a strong run game last year. Need to watch more film.

Spencer Rattler 6'1 207 Okla
    As of right now I'm "Meh" on him...not a huge fan. Some off field issues. He does everything good but nothing Great. He has forever and a day to throw. See how he does this year. I will be watching.

Honorable mentions
    Carson Strong & Desmond Ridder - will be looking at them

Dark Horse- Emory Jones 6'2 215lbs FL
    #87Birdman
    The MOD Who Laughs
    Last edited by #87Birdman; 08-30-2021, 07:30 PM.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Beastlyskronk tell me yours/what you think. You are one of the one I trust you qb view. Lol
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Just a point on Sam Howell (and I will admit I'm a UNC fan) his numbers through two years are better than Trevor Lawrence's numbers with less talent around him (not saying he's better than Lawrence just that he's in good company) and through two years, and a lot of one score games, Howell has yet to throw a 4th quarter interception. So he's incredibly clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
        To start, these of "my" top QBs for the upcoming year. This is in particular order who I like. Of course these can and will change as the season progresses. I'm not saying they will go #1 overall. Not as bad of a class but not as good as this years.

#1A Matt Corral - ole miss 6'1 210lbs- I just like how he plays. good deep ball accuracy and Good Pockett presences. Very good shifty runner. Dare I say Russell Wilson-ish

#1a Malik Willis- Liberty 6'1 213lbs - I like him too. Is strong ball accuracy I love. Some have a very strong arm but no accuracy with it. Josh Allen has developed Strong arm accuracy. "not saying he us Josh Allen"

Kevin Slovis -USC 6'3 206lbs
        Love how he stand tall in the pocket, good field awareness, he is pocket dancer like "Tom Brady" and I'm NOT saying he will beca Brady. Nice release too. Need to watch more film

Sam Howell 6'2 223 N.C.
        If Baker Mayfield and Tebow fused together out spit Sam Howell, physical runner, good deep ball thrower. He benefited from a strong run game last year. Need to watch more film.

Spencer Rattler 6'1 207 Okla
        As of right now I'm "Meh" on him...not a huge fan. Some off field issues. He does everything good but nothing Great. He has forever and a day to throw. See how he does this year. I will be watching.

Honorable mentions
        Carson Strong & Desmond Ridder - will be looking at them

Dark Horse- Emory Jones 6'2 215lbs FL
        Agree 100% on Matt Corral

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          Just a point on Sam Howell (and I will admit I'm a UNC fan) his numbers through two years are better than Trevor Lawrence's numbers with less talent around him (not saying he's better than Lawrence just that he's in good company) and through two years, and a lot of one score games, Howell has yet to throw a 4th quarter interception. So he's incredibly clutch.
          I can say that I agree. I admit I need to watch film dating further back and up until now. The forth quarter stat is very impressive. I'm interested to see how he preform this season.

Comment

Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

Agree 100% on Matt Corral
            Yea man me too. It's just something about his game and the way he plays. He is not perfect but has a lot of good traits. I dont make the Russell Wilson-ish comment often at all, but so far I think it fits him.

Comment

Haven’t gotten to take a deep dive on the 2022 prospects yet other than reading some brief scouting reports, but my goodness would Malik Willis transform our offense. Of course, I have no trust that Shurmur would make good use of his skill-set— but he’s so exciting to watch.
              https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                Haven’t gotten to take a deep dive on the 2022 prospects yet other than reading some brief scouting reports, but my goodness would Malik Willis transform our offense. Of course, I have no trust that Shurmur would make good use of his skill-set— but he’s so exciting to watch.
                Yes I love the zip he has on his deep balls and his ability to extend plays. Pat would definitely have to open up his mind and play book yo accommodate his talent.

Comment

The way things are playing out Denver should be looking at one one these guys . The only thing I've heard about any of them is that Rattler has a very fast release. I want the next Mahomes .......who is it?

Just heard that the Pat's just released Newton and are going with Jones. You heard from coaches before the draft that they thought he was the smartest one and would be a week 1 starter. We passed on Fields and Jones to start TB . We need to hit on drafting a QB now.

I'll have to check these QBs out.

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post
                    The way things are playing out Denver should be looking at one one these guys . The only thing I've heard about any of them is that Rattler has a very fast release. I want the next Mahomes .......who is it?

Just heard that the Pat's just released Newton and are going with Jones. You heard from coaches before the draft that they thought he was the smartest one and would be a week 1 starter. We passed on Fields and Jones to start TB . We need to hit on drafting a QB now.

I'll have to check these QBs out.
                    We agree. We NEED our 1st pick qb. No more rentals or loaner for 2 or 3 years..10 to 15 year qb. I really like Matt Cizzle lol. Aka Matt Corral....I will be looking at him all year.

Comment

We agree. We NEED our 1st pick qb. No more rentals or loaner for 2 or 3 years..10 to 15 year qb. I really like Matt Cizzle lol. Aka Matt Corral....I will be looking at him all year.
                      Yes we definitely agree . I'm over the QB rental. Unfortunately the way this went down with TB this year I think the front office goes for Roger's. I hope not . However if the Packers win the SB this year Roger's will probably retire.

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post

Yes we definitely agree . I'm over the QB rental. Unfortunately the way this went down with TB this year I think the front office goes for Roger's. I hope not . However if the Packers win the SB this year Roger's will probably retire.
                        I truly hope we don't get Rodgers too...bc after 2 or 3 years we will be looking for our qb again...when kc and s.d look to have that qb position set for the next 10+ years. We need that. Rodgers arm with not get stronger vs father of time.

Comment

Beastlyskronk tell me yours/what you think. You are one of the one I trust you qb view. Lol
                          I think right now the top 5-7 are all interchangeable. Personally I’d probably go with Desmond Ridder as a guy for Denver. He’ll probably be available there unless Howell falls off a cliff this season. First 3 QBs drafted will likely be Howell (similar numbers with a worst supporting cast would cement him as 1st pick), Rattler (because his supporting cast is too good to see him drop), and then I think Willis would be 3rd but the NFL gets weird about QBs that have athletic ability like he does.

After that it’ll be a toss up of who goes where. Corral can skyrocket if he takes care of the ball. Slovis is really good but lacks quality arm strength so it’ll be about fit with him.

And then there’s Ridder, of all the guys I think he has the least talent around him compared to the competition he sees. I think that’s a big positive in his evaluation but there are quite a few things he can clean up. The positives for him, he has a cannon for an arm, he’s sneaky fast in the open field, he’s a tall strong QB that isn’t afraid to take a hit, I like how he tries to lead his targets, when the play calls for it he does go through his reads and he doesn’t stick too long on any of them, footwork is good on deeper drops and stays good if he has a clean pocket, can put some touch on it when he has to. Some of the negatives on him, his short drop footwork isn’t very good (he does have long legs and I think this contributes to it), if the pocket isn’t clean he has a tendency to not get his feet planted when he throws the ball which causes some accuracy issues, occasionally his elbow will dip when he throws generally on deeper passes which also causes some inaccuracy, sometimes he’ll set his front leg too far out left which again causes inaccuracy. I said earlier I like how he leads his targets but sometimes he doesn’t see far out in front of them enough which causes some silly mistakes, he’s sneaky fast in a straight line but he does not have good short area quickness so you don’t really get the escapability you would expect from an athletic QB, and probably the scariest thing about him in a good way is that he doesn’t really rotate his back hip and really drive the ball with his back leg and despite that he still has a cannon so if he fixes that there won’t be a window he can’t fit it through.

All in all though I think Ridder has a chance to jump real high this season and if he can clean up those small mechanical issues (most of it should be a quick fix if their coaching staff actually coaches him) he’ll be a top QB. Given the offense he’s in though, I think he’s a real tough player to scout and draft pundits will be all over the place on him. He reminds me a bit of Justin Herbert but with less talent around him. Cincinnati probably would’ve been undefeated last season if their TE didn’t break down field early and carry the CB to his wide open WR on a potential game clinching TD. The fact that he’s doing this with Cincinnati is impressive and going toe to toe with Georgia with a completely outmatched oline and skill group speaks volumes to me.

I do agree with your dark horse too. Emory Jones has good numbers on very limited playtime. I’m very interested in watching him play more this season. Dustin Crum would be another dark horse candidate, probably not first round, but he could jump a few rounds and I’d probably be ok developing him when we opt to pass on a QB in the first again.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I think right now the top 5-7 are all interchangeable. Personally I’d probably go with Desmond Ridder as a guy for Denver. He’ll probably be available there unless Howell falls off a cliff this season. First 3 QBs drafted will likely be Howell (similar numbers with a worst supporting cast would cement him as 1st pick), Rattler (because his supporting cast is too good to see him drop), and then I think Willis would be 3rd but the NFL gets weird about QBs that have athletic ability like he does.

After that it’ll be a toss up of who goes where. Corral can skyrocket if he takes care of the ball. Slovis is really good but lacks quality arm strength so it’ll be about fit with him.

And then there’s Ridder, of all the guys I think he has the least talent around him compared to the competition he sees. I think that’s a big positive in his evaluation but there are quite a few things he can clean up. The positives for him, he has a cannon for an arm, he’s sneaky fast in the open field, he’s a tall strong QB that isn’t afraid to take a hit, I like how he tries to lead his targets, when the play calls for it he does go through his reads and he doesn’t stick too long on any of them, footwork is good on deeper drops and stays good if he has a clean pocket, can put some touch on it when he has to. Some of the negatives on him, his short drop footwork isn’t very good (he does have long legs and I think this contributes to it), if the pocket isn’t clean he has a tendency to not get his feet planted when he throws the ball which causes some accuracy issues, occasionally his elbow will dip when he throws generally on deeper passes which also causes some inaccuracy, sometimes he’ll set his front leg too far out left which again causes inaccuracy. I said earlier I like how he leads his targets but sometimes he doesn’t see far out in front of them enough which causes some silly mistakes, he’s sneaky fast in a straight line but he does not have good short area quickness so you don’t really get the escapability you would expect from an athletic QB, and probably the scariest thing about him in a good way is that he doesn’t really rotate his back hip and really drive the ball with his back leg and despite that he still has a cannon so if he fixes that there won’t be a window he can’t fit it through.

All in all though I think Ridder has a chance to jump real high this season and if he can clean up those small mechanical issues (most of it should be a quick fix if their coaching staff actually coaches him) he’ll be a top QB. Given the offense he’s in though, I think he’s a real tough player to scout and draft pundits will be all over the place on him. He reminds me a bit of Justin Herbert but with less talent around him. Cincinnati probably would’ve been undefeated last season if their TE didn’t break down field early and carry the CB to his wide open WR on a potential game clinching TD. The fact that he’s doing this with Cincinnati is impressive and going toe to toe with Georgia with a completely outmatched oline and skill group speaks volumes to me.

I do agree with your dark horse too. Emory Jones has good numbers on very limited playtime. I’m very interested in watching him play more this season. Dustin Crum would be another dark horse candidate, probably not first round, but he could jump a few rounds and I’d probably be ok developing him when we opt to pass on a QB in the first again.
                            I like DR too...my thing about him is it today's college he doesn't throw a lot of TDs.... not a lot of passing attempts which helps the int total....which his is great. But like I said I will look at him.

Matt does have about a 2-1 TD/int ratio l....yes some ints were not good but some he was just trying to do some much but like his comp%

Emory- knock on him is he looks to run a tad too much....and when he runs he's not really looking to throw.

Sam- I gotta watch more of him....I didn't didn't wr but to damn good rbs...im gonna see how he does with them.

Comment

Dillon Gabriel could be another riser. Stats look great, tape is a little all over the place though. Big arm but doesn’t ever put touch on his passes so he has a lot of drops. He gets happy feet which causes some really wild passes although they usually don’t result in INTs, probably because he’s trying to throw through everyone. He doesn’t really seem to deal with pressure that well and his release seems a tad slow but that might just be because he’s a lefty. But he has a massive arm and fits passes into tight windows, he also knows when to slide and went to fight for extra yardage. He does a good job with the hard count and goes for the home run when they do jump. He also seems to have a real strong group of targets to throw to. I’ve only watched some highlights and his game against Cincinnati though so it’s far from a complete picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X