No announcement yet.

2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Howell hasn't had the year that any dreamed of, but he's better than people are giving him credit for now. He's struggled passing with their playmakers leaving, but he's developed a lot as a runner. He is first in the FBS for most 10+ yard runs by a QB at 35, one more than Willis. And he's had 4 games this season with over 100 yards rushing, with a good start on the ground today. Obviously he has things to work on, but if he goes to a place with the right coaching staff to help him develop, he's going to be a good NFL QB.

Comment

• I will be the 1st to say Malik Willis did not look great...two ints were not good throws one I don't think he even saw the safety the other just tried to do to much bad throw across the body. Does this game change my view on him??? ABSOLUTELY NOT. He was sacked 7 times in the first half. He is the entire offense. He kept fighting and getting up.

Matt decent game over 300 yds and td...but he wasn't 100% healthy.

Still my 1a and 1b. I see very good traits in both. Will be breaking down tape of this game this week.
      My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• right now i am still on the willis or nothing train with this draft.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I know this is a 2022 QB thread but Fields is showing obvious talent and just scored a TD to take the lead against PIT... I'm over Paton's decision and I've moved on, but any poster on this forum that claims that Fields is a bust or downplay him to prop up our organization's decisions or compare his stats to rookie Lock is just kidding themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
            I know this is a 2022 QB thread but Fields is showing obvious talent and just scored a TD to take the lead against PIT... I'm over Paton's decision and I've moved on, but any poster on this forum that claims that Fields is a bust or downplay him to prop up our organization's decisions or compare his stats to rookie Lock is just kidding themselves.
            Coulda shoulda woulda...... But we don't need a franchise QB we got TEDDY

Comment

• George Paton will be in attendance at the UNC vs PITT game to scout Howell and Pickett

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                George Paton will be in attendance at the UNC vs PITT game to scout Howell and Pickett
                Who do you like better from those two? I’m personally leaning Pickett right now.

Comment

Who do you like better from those two? I’m personally leaning Pickett right now.
                  I'm a Howell guy, I like his mobility. I think it will be 1A and 1B in the draft too. I keep hearing this is going to be a bad QB class but IMO, these 2 are just as good as Wilson and Lance

Comment

• pass on both Howell is gonna struggle asnd is a developmental pass. and Pickett is okay i think he has average upside. i am still in the Malik Willis camp if i am drafting QB this class.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      pass on both Howell is gonna struggle asnd is a developmental pass. and Pickett is okay i think he has average upside. i am still in the Malik Willis camp if i am drafting QB this class.
                      So Howell is a pass because he needs development, but you like Willis who may need a couple of years before he's an NFL QB? To each their own I guess, but I think Willis is the QB that gets a GM fired in 2 years and Howell (if he goes to the right coaching staff) is a guy that teams regret passing on.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I'm a Howell guy, I like his mobility. I think it will be 1A and 1B in the draft too. I keep hearing this is going to be a bad QB class but IMO, these 2 are just as good as Wilson and Lance
                        I'm a UNC fan, so I'm big on Howell. I think people just look at stats this year and automatically brush him off without diving deeper into what's going on and why his stats are lower this year. UNC lost their top 4 offensive players to the NFL draft this April, their only reliable receiver so far has been Josh Downs (a sophomore, who's been keyed on by defenses because he's been the only reliable target) and the o-line (which was supposed to be a strength coming into the season) has been a massive disappointment. That's not to let Howell off the hook, he hasn't been as sharp passing this year, but here's what's on his resume:

-Through his first two seasons he had better stats than Trevor Lawrence, through the same number of starts) with much less talent around him.
                        -As a freshman PFF ranked him 3rd in the country for all QBs against zone coverage
                        -Through his first two seasons he hadn't turned the ball over in the fourth quarter. This season he has 3, but consider that it's 34 games with just 3 fourth quarter turnovers. In a lot of close games. He's clutch
                        -Forget QBs, he currently leads ALL NCAA players for runs of 10+ yards this season.
                        -He's developed as a runner this year and is often running through tackles.

Is he the top player in the draft? Absolutely not. Is he QB1? At this point probably not. But he's going to be a steal if he goes to the right team. If you put him with Pittsburgh or New Orleans, or someone with a stable coaching staff who will develop him, he's going to be an absolute home run.

Comment

• I'll tell you what. I just started watching Pickett, and I think you guys might be on to something. He's not as talented as Lance, though. Pickett is the first guy from this class who made an impression on me right away though.

People compare Howell to Drew Brees. I get why, but I don't see it. He doesn't have Wilson's arm talent either. I think the major reason Lance and Wilson got drafted where they did was talent level. Howell is like a poor man's Tebow when he takes off, but he and Pickett don't have Wilson or Lance's natural ability otherwise.

Pickett has some Herbert qualities. Not getting too carried away though.

Comment

I know this is a 2022 QB thread but Fields is showing obvious talent and just scored a TD to take the lead against PIT... I'm over Paton's decision and I've moved on, but any poster on this forum that claims that Fields is a bust or downplay him to prop up our organization's decisions or compare his stats to rookie Lock is just kidding themselves.
                            It's only a matter of time before Fields is putting full games together like the 2nd half of the Pittsburgh game. I don't know that the people who trash Fields are all kidding themselves though. I think some of them legitimately don't know how good he can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

So Howell is a pass because he needs development, but you like Willis who may need a couple of years before he's an NFL QB? To each their own I guess, but I think Willis is the QB that gets a GM fired in 2 years and Howell (if he goes to the right coaching staff) is a guy that teams regret passing on.
                              Willis has a better arm and is more explosive then Howell. i like Willis tools alot more then Howell. Howell seems like his upside is a average QB in this league. while i think Willis is more boom or bust and i will take that risk.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                                pass on both Howell is gonna struggle asnd is a developmental pass. and Pickett is okay i think he has average upside. i am still in the Malik Willis camp if i am drafting QB this class.
                                I agree...im still ok the Willis camp too....and have not fallin off the Corral camp either he is hurt and still in the top 15 with only like 2 ints.
                                My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X