2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

So Howell is a pass because he needs development, but you like Willis who may need a couple of years before he's an NFL QB? To each their own I guess, but I think Willis is the QB that gets a GM fired in 2 years and Howell (if he goes to the right coaching staff) is a guy that teams regret passing on.
    No sir Willis is not need two years to develop and will not get a gm fired
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Why is it most black qbs that comes out its always " he needs a year or two to develop" fields, Jackson, Willis all had at least 2 years of being starters and that's standard in college football. You rarely have 3 and 4 year starters I. College.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        I'll tell you what. I just started watching Pickett, and I think you guys might be on to something. He's not as talented as Lance, though. Pickett is the first guy from this class who made an impression on me right away though.

People compare Howell to Drew Brees. I get why, but I don't see it. He doesn't have Wilson's arm talent either. I think the major reason Lance and Wilson got drafted where they did was talent level. Howell is like a poor man's Tebow when he takes off, but he and Pickett don't have Wilson or Lance's natural ability otherwise.

Pickett has some Herbert qualities. Not getting too carried away though.
        I agree....im not big on Howell at all. But that's just my opinion. Everyone knows I actually watch the games and break the down. He is not a bad qb...but just don't see him being more than avg to good qb.

Pickett he looks good but I'm ALWAYS cautious of qbs that come out of nowhere and have a good season....Joe Burrow is an exception but he went undefeated and touched EVERYONE. I mean like Daniel Jones, Mitchell T, Baker Mayfield etc....not saying he will be bad but I will watch more tape on him. Didn't really know anything about him until 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

It's only a matter of time before Fields is putting full games together like the 2nd half of the Pittsburgh game. I don't know that the people who trash Fields are all kidding themselves though. I think some of them legitimately don't know how good he can be.
          Because they don't know qbs or take the time to actually break film down and just watch espn and make decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Willis has a better arm and is more explosive then Howell. i like Willis tools alot more then Howell. Howell seems like his upside is a average QB in this league. while i think Willis is more boom or bust and i will take that risk.
            Exactly Willis puts up very numbers with absolutely NO talent....oline sucks gave up 7 sacks in the 1st half...Willis didn't get mad, point fingers, got up time after time and battle. If he had half of any talent on a nfl team my God he will be special. Is he perfect no...no qb is every that ever comes put need work on something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Exactly Willis puts up very numbers with absolutely NO talent....oline sucks gave up 7 sacks in the 1st half...Willis didn't get mad, point fingers, got up time after time and battle. If he had half of any talent on a nfl team my God he will be special. Is he perfect no...no qb is every that ever comes put need work on something.
              https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...-malik-willis/

If this happens, we'll finally be on the same page. This is of course.... Unless Lock breaks out in the second half of this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...-malik-willis/

If this happens, we'll finally be on the same page. This is of course.... Unless Lock breaks out in the second half of this season.
                I'm just saying I watch his games....if had have the talent we have and offensive minded head coach...mad that would be awesome. I glad they have his stock drop bc most of the so called experts are idiots. If we mess around and let Sean Payton get this man...and pair him with Kamara, Thomas, hill, Ingram with thay oline and that def....im calling it now if they stay healthy they will win the nfc south is rookie year....im just hoping we can get him.....but I'm not sleeping on my boy Matt Corral.

Comment

• UVA vs Pitt is a great opportunity to watch Pickett and Armstrong. Armstrong doesn’t have the name recognition because he emerged this year. Make no mistake he’s every bit as good as Pickett, if not better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                    UVA vs Pitt is a great opportunity to watch Pickett and Armstrong. Armstrong doesn’t have the name recognition because he emerged this year. Make no mistake he’s every bit as good as Pickett, if not better.
                    Dang, the windows Armstrong can throw through are tight. Pickett impressive as well, although UVA’s defense is bad.

Comment

• If Brennan Armstrong declares the Broncos should draft him.

Comment

Dang, the windows Armstrong can throw through are tight. Pickett impressive as well, although UVA’s defense is bad.
                        The touch on those two deep passes by Armstrong.

Comment

UVA vs Pitt is a great opportunity to watch Pickett and Armstrong. Armstrong doesn’t have the name recognition because he emerged this year. Make no mistake he’s every bit as good as Pickett, if not better.
                          Pickett and Armstrong put on a show as expected. Tougher to evaluate both quarterbacks playing against those defenses, yet both demonstrated skills for the next level.

Comment

UVA vs Pitt is a great opportunity to watch Pickett and Armstrong. Armstrong doesn’t have the name recognition because he emerged this year. Make no mistake, he’s every bit as good as Pickett, if not better.
                            Condensed game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VIQayQTf0

Both Pickett and Armstrong relied heavily on shotgun formation, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, given Elway did too.
                            Armstrong's quick release and precision might be better than mine.
                            Shurmur would most likely expect the majority of Armstrong's passes originating from under center, so that coupled with him being a lefty may prove problematic at first.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Condensed game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VIQayQTf0

Both Pickett and Armstrong relied heavily on shotgun formation, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, given Elway did too.
                              Armstrong's quick release and precision might be better than mine.
                              Shurmur would most likely expect the majority of Armstrong's passes originating from under center, so that coupled with him being a lefty may prove problematic at first.

Coincidentally, UVA’s Offensive Coordinator Bob Anae played with a lefty named Steve Young - heard he was pretty good

…Anae was his Center.

Comment

Coincidentally, UVA’s Offensive Coordinator Bob Anae played with a lefty named Steve Young - heard he was pretty good

…Anae was his Center.
                                Conversely, Tebow is also a lefty, and sadly it didn't work out. Not saying Armstrong wouldn't.
                                (I'd rather have Tebow than Teddy at this point.)

I look forward to examining more college QBs on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X