2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

Conversely, Tebow is also a lefty, and sadly it didn't work out. Not saying Armstrong wouldn't.
    (I'd rather have Tebow than Teddy at this point.)

I look forward to examining more college QBs on this thread.
    Fortunately for Armstrong he’s a good quarterback.

Comment

• Here are my top 3 QBs right now:

1. Kenny Pickett
      2. Matt Corral
      3. Malik Willis

I am comfortable taking any of these 3 in the first round. I would also be okay with passing on a QB this year to build out our roster, then heavily pursuing Young/Stroud in 2023– but then again, that’s too far out to project.
      https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

• Originally posted by hdbroncos02 View Post
        here are my top 3 qbs right now:

1. Kenny pickett
        2. Matt corral
        3. Malik willis

i am comfortable taking any of these 3 in the first round. I would also be okay with passing on a qb this year to build out our roster, then heavily pursuing young/stroud in 2023– but then again, that’s too far out to project.

(10 char)

Comment

• I have not jumped on the Pickett train yet. Not saying he won't be good but not jumping on his bandwagon yet.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
            Here are my top 3 QBs right now:

1. Kenny Pickett
            2. Matt Corral
            3. Malik Willis

I am comfortable taking any of these 3 in the first round. I would also be okay with passing on a QB this year to build out our roster, then heavily pursuing Young/Stroud in 2023– but then again, that’s too far out to project.
            I'm good with a first round QB as you say, any of your three or even whoever the coaching staff deems fit to be picked.....my question for you is....if we pass on QB this year.....who do you start next year ?

Teddy Bridgewater Taking Long-Term Broncos Talks 'One Day At a Time' | Yardbarker
            Last edited by skeeter01; 11-27-2021, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I'm good with a first round QB as you say, any of your three or even whoever the coaching staff deems fit to be picked.....my question for you is....if we pass on QB this year.....who do you start next year ?

Teddy Bridgewater Taking Long-Term Broncos Talks 'One Day At a Time' | Yardbarker
              I’m perfectly okay with Lock starting to finish out his rookie deal or Teddy on another one year deal. I’m frankly not interested in giving up a ton of draft capital for Rodgers/Wilson. Yes, it’s another year of nearly unwatchable Broncos football— but l’ll take solace in the fact that we’ll have more young talent developing across the board, and we can make a play for a top-tier QB in a seemingly better 2023 class. Hopefully this offseason we get a new coaching staff in place that can encourage confidence in offensive production and pro development, so that when we do bring in a rookie down the line— we have the staff and system in place to make the transition as seamless as possible for a young QB.
              https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

• I just don't understand this wait until 2023 to "possibly" get a qb. People are saying just wait and grab one then like it a coat you can just grab off the rack at a store.

1st- let's just say who is coming our is that draft..

Bryce Young "IF" he comes back more than likely #1 overall and we won't suck bad enough to get him

Cj stroud- "if" he comes out. Hmmmm I want to see and hear all the "we can't draft any qbs from Ohio state they don't pan out. He is not better than Justin Fields.

Anthony Richardson I guess - "IF" he comes out. Didn't start the entire season and gutting a new head coach too. He look ok

So we have 3 total qbs as of now in which ALL THREE can decide to stay. I more than likely we won't suck enough to have a top 5 pick to get, young or cj...and that's IF they come out that year lol..... a lot of wishful thinking going on. If that plan doesn't work we will be looking at 2024. I don't know who the hell is in the draft.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                  I just don't understand this wait until 2023 to "possibly" get a qb. People are saying just wait and grab one then like it a coat you can just grab off the rack at a store.

Bryce Young "IF" he comes back more than likely #1 overall and we won't suck bad enough to get him

Cj stroud- "if" he comes out. Hmmmm I want to see and hear all the "we can't draft any qbs from Ohio state they don't pan out. He is not better than Justin Fields.

Anthony Richardson I guess - "IF" he comes out. Didn't start the entire season and gutting a new head coach too. He look ok

So we have 3 total qbs as of now in which ALL THREE can decide to stay. I more than likely we won't suck enough to have a top 5 pick to get, young or cj...and that's IF they come out that year lol..... a lot of wishful thinking going on. If that plan doesn't work we will be looking at 2024. I don't know who the hell is in the draft.
                  2022 isn’t a good year to draft a QB. It’s very light on QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                    I just don't understand this wait until 2023 to "possibly" get a qb. People are saying just wait and grab one then like it a coat you can just grab off the rack at a store.

Well, if we do start Luck next year like I said.....according to you...we just might end up being in the top 5 for 2023

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                      Here are my top 3 QBs right now:

1. Kenny Pickett
                      2. Matt Corral
                      3. Malik Willis

Stroud is Garbage being elevated by a good team about around him. keep him away from denver he is gonna be a bust in the nfl. i could really see him not starting next year tbh. it si easy for a QB to look good with 3 first round WR throwing to.

some of his post interview questions has me feeling he doesn't love the game or always goes to wins. he is trying to get to the nfl for the paycheck. either way if he goes high he is gonna be a major bust.

“Nah, not at all. If my job was to run the ball, I'd be a running back or something,” Stroud said.

i hate that comment. it is a job of a QB to win the game any way he can possible. tell that to a 38 year old John Elway who ran one of the toughest runs of his career in the super bowl.

either way i would avoid Stroud like the plague if it was up to me.
                      Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 11-28-2021, 10:29 AM.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post
                        2022 isn’t a good year to draft a QB. It’s very light on QBs.
                        yes but even if it light i feel if you think the guy a franchise QB and he is there you pull the trigger. i feel MAlik Willis, MAtt Corral or KEnny Picket would all upgrade out QB room. i would rather move on from Bridgewater and grab one of those guys then have Lock vs Rookie for the starting spot in a competition this offseason. and if Lock beats out the rookie and the Rookie doesn't show much of anything i am probably looking in the first round again. right now our QB needs a massive influx of talent at QB. right now we have to Bridge Qbs/Back ups and a Back up/coach as our QB room. that looks terrible. i think it is time to invest some serious picks in to the QB and get a massive upgrade. best case senario you get 2 good looking qb and can trade one towards the end of his rookie deal.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

yes but even if it light i feel if you think the guy a franchise QB and he is there you pull the trigger. i feel MAlik Willis, MAtt Corral or KEnny Picket would all upgrade out QB room. i would rather move on from Bridgewater and grab one of those guys then have Lock vs Rookie for the starting spot in a competition this offseason. and if Lock beats out the rookie and the Rookie doesn't show much of anything i am probably looking in the first round again. right now our QB needs a massive influx of talent at QB. right now we have to Bridge Qbs/Back ups and a Back up/coach as our QB room. that looks terrible. i think it is time to invest some serious picks in to the QB and get a massive upgrade. best case senario you get 2 good looking qb and can trade one towards the end of his rookie deal.
                          Love the thought process here.

Comment

I don’t want the broncos reaching on a QB in the first just cause the pickings are slim. I also think which ever QB worth taking in the 1st will be gone by our pick.
                            I’d rather us use the draft picks we have to solidify the trenches and build a solid team.

Comment

Stroud is Garbage being elevated by a good team about around him. keep him away from denver he is gonna be a bust in the nfl. i could really see him not starting next year tbh. it si easy for a QB to look good with 3 first round WR throwing to.

some of his post interview questions has me feeling he doesn't love the game or always goes to wins. he is trying to get to the nfl for the paycheck. either way if he goes high he is gonna be a major bust.

“Nah, not at all. If my job was to run the ball, I'd be a running back or something,” Stroud said.

i hate that comment. it is a job of a QB to win the game any way he can possible. tell that to a 38 year old John Elway who ran one of the toughest runs of his career in the super bowl.

either way i would avoid Stroud like the plague if it was up to me.
                              As a Buckeyes fan, I agree with you about Stroud. Ohio State has outstanding receivers that makes him look better than he is. Granted, he's a freshman but he left a lot to be desired. And there's something about his personality that just doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

I don’t want the broncos reaching on a QB in the first just cause the pickings are slim. I also think which ever QB worth taking in the 1st will be gone by our pick.
                                I’d rather us use the draft picks we have to solidify the trenches and build a solid team.
                                right now my feelings are simple, Malik Willis Matt Corall or Kenny Pickett are there i would take them, they are not i would pass on a QB.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                                X