2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

As a Buckeyes fan, I agree with you about Stroud. Ohio State has outstanding receivers that makes him look better than he is. Granted, he's a freshman but he left a lot to be desired. And there's something about his personality that just doesn't sit well with me.
    Kinda how I feel about Cade. Fellow Michigan fans have been talking him up and I've been the one not sold on him bc he has a great running game to rely on and we've yet to see Cade McNamara be a standout or QB you'd say is your guy. Not only does Michigan consistently have a great run game, also consistently have one of the best OLs in the sport. Wide Outs have been average for the most part. But that could be because our QBs are always average or below average.

But then again nobody expects him to be a star. He's been projected to be a 4th to 7th pick as a game managing pro style QB.
    Stroud I'd say has more upside than Cade, but I'd also say J.J McCarthy has more upside than both. Funny enough Mike Yurcich tried to recruit McCarthy to Ohio when Yurcich was there in 2019.

Honest rn don't see any Big Ten starting QB as someone you'd have start in the NFL.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Kinda how I feel about Cade. Fellow Michigan fans have been talking him up and I've been the one not sold on him bc he has a great running game to rely on and we've yet to see Cade McNamara be a standout or QB you'd say is your guy. Not only does Michigan consistently have a great run game, also consistently have one of the best OLs in the sport. Wide Outs have been average for the most part. But that could be because our QBs are always average or below average.

But then again nobody expects him to be a star. He's been projected to be a 4th to 7th pick as a game managing pro style QB.
      Stroud I'd say has more upside than Cade, but I'd also say J.J McCarthy has more upside than both. Funny enough Mike Yurcich tried to recruit McCarthy to Ohio when Yurcich was there in 2019.

Honest rn don't see any Big Ten starting QB as someone you'd have start in the NFL.
      First of all, hats of to you and the Wolverines. You guys played an outstanding game. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed our winning streak, but it's more fun when the rivalry is back and forth.

As for the quarterbacks, I think the college game in general just doesn't produce a lot of quarterbacks who can make the changes necessary to succeed in the NFL. The biggest thing that gets me is when the entire offense turns to the sideline for the play signals. It doesn't allow the quarterback to diagnose the defense and it hinders their development to recognize and process the information. That's why so many quarterbacks, even really good ones, struggle initially in the NFL. Talent is there, it's just the mental part of the game that is the biggest issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I'm good with a first round QB as you say, any of your three or even whoever the coaching staff deems fit to be picked.....my question for you is....if we pass on QB this year.....who do you start next year ?

Teddy Bridgewater Taking Long-Term Broncos Talks 'One Day At a Time' | Yardbarker
        Kendall Hinton

Comment

• I'm still on Corral and Willis bench.

Willis - for him to work in Denver you HAVE to have a offensive head coach and not some 1st timer either. That is very creative. If we don't get that I don't feel like Willis will succeed.

Corral- I feel like you have have a def or offensive coach but you will need a very detailed O.C. for him to work in denver.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
            I'm still on Corral and Willis bench.

Willis - for him to work in Denver you HAVE to have a offensive head coach and not some 1st timer either. That is very creative. If we don't get that I don't feel like Willis will succeed.

Corral- I feel like you have have a def or offensive coach but you will need a very detailed O.C. for him to work in denver.
            Serious question.....If we select Picket, are you going to be upset ? I see Walter Football has us selecting Picket ? I want to hear your thoughts on this guy...you say you watch a lot of tape, but have not heard any breakdown on this guy from you yet ?

Comment

• Trade for R.Wilson.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Serious question.....If we select Picket, are you going to be upset ? I see Walter Football has us selecting Picket ? I want to hear your thoughts on this guy...you say you watch a lot of tape, but have not heard any breakdown on this guy from you yet ?
                Honestly I still have not. Really not in a rush to. I won't be mad at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he bust...but I not saying he will. Maybe after I watch tape on him my mind will change. I don't have anything bad to say about him bc of me not watching film. I will take some time this month to break his game down.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Honestly I still have not. Really not in a rush to. I won't be mad at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he bust...but I not saying he will. Maybe after I watch tape on him my mind will change. I don't have anything bad to say about him bc of me not watching film. I will take some time this month to break his game down.
                  The top guys are all pretty similar playwise. Willis is the most athletic but pickett, corral, ridder are very mobile. Strong is probably the most pocket passing style. Gotta do homework on other things than just film (dont mean you personally, mean the teams). How are they as leaders, do they break down film, can they read defenses, how do they do in their school work...all things film and scouts dont tell you but you should know.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

The top guys are all pretty similar playwise. Willis is the most athletic but pickett, corral, ridder are very mobile. Strong is probably the most pocket passing style. Gotta do homework on other things than just film (dont mean you personally, mean the teams). How are they as leaders, do they break down film, can they read defenses, how do they do in their school work...all things film and scouts dont tell you but you should know.
                    Yes those other things you mentioned are very important as well. Their work ethic, do they want to learn, are they 1st in and last out, will a team follow them and want to play hard for them. Leader amongst men. Very important.

Comment

Yes those other things you mentioned are very important as well. Their work ethic, do they want to learn, are they 1st in and last out, will a team follow them and want to play hard for them. Leader amongst men. Very important.
                      I hope we get one next year. This current brand of football from the Broncos is.....

Comment

• Can any UNC fans or anyone following the ACC closely tell me what happened with Howell? He was up there with Rattler in the preseason as one of the "best" QBs in this upcoming class, I know his numbers have taken a hit without Dyami Brown and Javonte Williams/Michael Carter there from last year.

I feel like if we were to take a QB who ran a predominantly RPO offense, we might as well take Corral.
                        https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                          Can any UNC fans or anyone following the ACC closely tell me what happened with Howell? He was up there with Rattler in the preseason as one of the "best" QBs in this upcoming class, I know his numbers have taken a hit without Dyami Brown and Javonte Williams/Michael Carter there from last year.

I feel like if we were to take a QB who ran a predominantly RPO offense, we might as well take Corral.
                          Unc lost a lot of talent

no thanks on corral. I dont think he has what it takes mentally
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Unc lost a lot of talent

I know he's played hurt throughout this year, so I don't question his toughness. Is there anything that's happened to indicate any issues with him mentally?
                            https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Unc lost a lot of talent

Whoa, what do you have to back this up? I'm still high on him. He played the season super banged up and put his team on his back on a lot of occasions.

Comment

• He had issues in high school and in college. Got into a fight with the gretzkys. Says he doesnt like people with money when he was attending a high school that cost 30k to attend. I would say he has matured but he still holds onto those issues like it was a life defining moment. How is he gonna handle people in the nfl?

there are aspects of his mentality i like and some that seem like red flags to me
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X