2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
    We will not be in line to get Pickett. What's all this noise for ?
    I think Denver has a shot at any QB they want in the draft

Comment

• I'm hoping for Corral @ 9, would be excited but very nervous for Willis, { not sure he'll develop reading defenses, but he would be exciting to watch, would be a slight bit unhappy with Pickett.
      If in the second round we get Howel or Strong....I'd be ok.....Heck, really don't care who it is.....just want someone...Still want Lock to start next year....but really want a rookie in the clubhouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

Throwing an NFL size football https://twitter.com/i/status/1484344000152629250

Kenny Pickett evidently has a double-jointed thumb on his throwing hand. Somebody said to me, ‘if you ever meet Pickett and he shakes your hand, the thumb seems all out of wack.’ That’s because it comes out sideways, and it doesn’t go straight up. And what that double-jointed thumb does, is it makes it easier for him to grip the football.

Will Kenny Pickett's hand size impact his 2022 NFL Draft stock? (profootballnetwork.com)
        it’s probably not worth engaging anymore. The hand size really concerns me but it is not the only concern about Pickett.

he looks like a great competitor and a heck of a guy, but I see nothing that shows the trajectory of an elite NFL QB. I agree with the majority of draft profiles written about him. He has an average NFL arm (maybe slightly above average), small hands, needs to learn to read progressions, and has mechanics issues to work out so he doesn’t turn into an interception machine at the next level. Can he do all of that? Absolutely, but his projected ceiling seems to be a too 15 QB not a top 5 guy. He does not have the arm talent of the top guys in the league. There is a real reason all of the draft experts are calling this a down draft for QBs.

Pickett showed no growth until he had been in the college system 5 years. Starting 4 of those years. His first three years were not good. At this point I have watched roughly 15 games of his. I just don’t see it. The handful of bad passes every game scares me. And it is not that they are bad choices, they are bad passes.

IMO, he is a second or third round grade that will get over drafted. QBs always do, but it could be potentially worse this year.

I am happy for the guy to get drafted and make millions. Seems like a really solid dude.

personally I hope Pittsburgh falls in love with him and gives us 2 seconds to move up to get him. I think it might be his best chance to succeed (although cold weather causes questions).

Comment

• It’s still Howell for me and I hope we take him at #9 if we don’t trade for Wilson or Rodgers.

He lost all of his offensive players last year and still put together a productive season. One in which he showed his ability as a runner. Also the best deep ball passer in the class. We need someone who can take advantage of Sutton and Patrick’s jump ball ability.

He plays with a tremendous amount of fight and I easily can see the team rallying around him.
          Last edited by JW7; 01-22-2022, 11:09 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by myoung View Post

it’s probably not worth engaging anymore. The hand size really concerns me but it is not the only concern about Pickett.

he looks like a great competitor and a heck of a guy, but I see nothing that shows the trajectory of an elite NFL QB. I agree with the majority of draft profiles written about him. He has an average NFL arm (maybe slightly above average), small hands, needs to learn to read progressions, and has mechanics issues to work out so he doesn’t turn into an interception machine at the next level. Can he do all of that? Absolutely, but his projected ceiling seems to be a too 15 QB not a top 5 guy. He does not have the arm talent of the top guys in the league. There is a real reason all of the draft experts are calling this a down draft for QBs.

Pickett showed no growth until he had been in the college system 5 years. Starting 4 of those years. His first three years were not good. At this point I have watched roughly 15 games of his. I just don’t see it. The handful of bad passes every game scares me. And it is not that they are bad choices, they are bad passes.

IMO, he is a second or third round grade that will get over drafted. QBs always do, but it could be potentially worse this year.

I am happy for the guy to get drafted and make millions. Seems like a really solid dude.

personally I hope Pittsburgh falls in love with him and gives us 2 seconds to move up to get him. I think it might be his best chance to succeed (although cold weather causes questions).
            Just for the record....I don't like any of the QBs in this year's draft but I do think Pickett is better than Corral.

And yes, Pittsburgh wants Pickett.

It figures that the year we have a top ten pick is in between two good QB draft years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post

Just for the record....I don't like any of the QBs in this year's draft but I do think Pickett is better than Corral.

And yes, Pittsburgh wants Pickett.

It figures that the year we have a top ten pick is in between two good QB draft years.
              I agree with you. Bad timing, there is a part of me that wants to trade out and load up on picks next year, but I can’t stomach the thought of watching these QBs play another year. Hopefully the new regime has a better approach and whatever we do will have a better chance to succeed

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                It’s still Howell for me and I hope we take him at #9 if we don’t trade for Wilson or Rodgers.

He lost all of his offensive players last year and still put together a productive season. One in which he showed his ability as a runner. Also the best deep ball passer in the class. We need someone who can take advantage of Sutton and Patrick’s jump ball ability.

He plays with a tremendous amount of fight and I easily can see the team rallying around him.
                I disagree but we all like who we like. But there is almost no chance we take Howell in the 1st especially at 9.
                My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                  I'm hoping for Corral @ 9, would be excited but very nervous for Willis, { not sure he'll develop reading defenses, but he would be exciting to watch, would be a slight bit unhappy with Pickett.
                  If in the second round we get Howel or Strong....I'd be ok.....Heck, really don't care who it is.....just want someone...Still want Lock to start next year....but really want a rookie in the clubhouse.
                  I agree. If it's not Corral or willis....ion want any of them.
                  My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by myoung View Post

I agree with you. Bad timing, there is a part of me that wants to trade out and load up on picks next year, but I can’t stomach the thought of watching these QBs play another year. Hopefully the new regime has a better approach and whatever we do will have a better chance to succeed
                    I want to mention.....Don't know for sure.....But I heard that when measuring hand span, it's from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinkie....

When measuring Pickett's hand the span was shorter because of his curled thumb (Double-jointed) which would make sense...He's 6'3"

Comment

• If I believe the current narrative Pickett 9s a bit slow in processing...That is the biggest challenge for kids entering the big boys league. I fear NFL defenses will just confuse him further... And do you really want a QB called Pickett?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I disagree but we all like who we like. But there is almost no chance we take Howell in the 1st especially at 9.
                        I think it’s ridiculous that he can’t got as high as #9. I’ve seen PFF mock him at #6 to the Panthers. He was considered the #1 pick before this season started. Quarterbacks always rise during draft season.
                        sigpic

Comment

• If we're really targeting a young QB I would really like us to look at Callahan as HC. What he did with the Bengals and that young group is pretty impressive. Right now we have the skill players, and if we hit on a good QB in the draft our offense actually looks quite similar to what the Bengals look like.
                          A book I wrote

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                            If I believe the current narrative Pickett 9s a bit slow in processing...That is the biggest challenge for kids entering the big boys league. I fear NFL defenses will just confuse him further... And do you really want a QB called Pickett?
                            Bust me up

Comment

I think it’s ridiculous that he can’t got as high as #9. I’ve seen PFF mock him at #6 to the Panthers. He was considered the #1 pick before this season started. Quarterbacks always rise during draft season.
                              The teams ahead of the Panthers don't need a QB other than the Lions who are an unknown rn. Word in Detriot is at the midway point of the season Lions was considering Malik, but Goff having a strong ending to the season has made some in the front office think he's the guy. Last I heard the Lions pick depends on if the Jags don't take Aidan. The Ford family are in love with the idea of drafting someone who is already a star in Michigan, someone fans won't be upset with the team drafting.
                              I don't know as much about whats going on in New York, but from some quick searching it looks like that'll be based on who gets hired at HC and if that coach doesn't see Jones as the future.
                              Again from quick searching, the reports are Giants want Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, or Deshaun Watson. With Flores and Daboll being the coaches they are most keen on.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yeah the narritive that howell cant be drafted in the first is a conversation non starter. Almost all of his offense was drafted last year and he still put up good numbers. He didnt have a bad year, his team did because most were underclassman.

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X