2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I'm hoping for Corral @ 9, would be excited but very nervous for Willis, { not sure he'll develop reading defenses, but he would be exciting to watch, would be a slight bit unhappy with Pickett.
    If in the second round we get Howel or Strong....I'd be ok.....Heck, really don't care who it is.....just want someone...Still want Lock to start next year....but really want a rookie in the clubhouse.
    I'm ready to roll the dice on a guy like Willis. He has his issues as they all do. But if you want to talk about 'ceiling'...this kid doesn't have one. If-if-if-if he can be coached up, then he will be a ridiculously dynamic offensive weapon. He's the kind of prospect that would benefit from sitting behind Lock for a season to learn form a competent coaching staff. So, step one, we need a competent coaching staff anyway. Then, bring on the fresh meat. Roll the dice.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I'm ready to roll the dice on a guy like Willis. He has his issues as they all do. But if you want to talk about 'ceiling'...this kid doesn't have one. If-if-if-if he can be coached up, then he will be a ridiculously dynamic offensive weapon. He's the kind of prospect that would benefit from sitting behind Lock for a season to learn form a competent coaching staff. So, step one, we need a competent coaching staff anyway. Then, bring on the fresh meat. Roll the dice.
      If we are rolling that way then start lock and see when willis can take over. I dont want to spend the draft capitol on jg or someone like that we that and cap $ can be used to build the best team around them
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post

I think it’s ridiculous that he can’t got as high as #9. I’ve seen PFF mock him at #6 to the Panthers. He was considered the #1 pick before this season started. Quarterbacks always rise during draft season.
        Maybe in your eyes. But unless he lights it up in pro and combine outta this world .. I can almost promise hr not going top 10 and may not top 20.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

If we are rolling that way then start lock and see when willis can take over. I dont want to spend the draft capitol on jg or someone like that we that and cap $ can be used to build the best team around them
          I agree. I don't see JG as a worthy upgrade over what we could get out of Lock for a year with a competent coaching staff.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

I agree, even though I'm not a fan of Lock. I think this is a better use of the Denver's leverage, if they go after and get the rookie they believe in.
            Last edited by Broncos1963; 01-22-2022, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• I have to be honest. I don’t see any franchise QB’s coming in this year.
              I have been watching Corral vs Alabama, Pickett vs Clemson, Willis vs NC St & Strong vs Boise State.
              All were against stiff defenses and none handled the games particularly well.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmp View Post
                I have to be honest. I don’t see any franchise QB’s coming in this year.
                I have been watching Corral vs Alabama, Pickett vs Clemson, Willis vs NC St & Strong vs Boise State.
                All were against stiff defenses and none handled the games particularly well.
                If Willis successfully develops with his physical tools and arm talent— he could become one. Maybe.

Pickett’s ceiling is a poor man’s Derek Carr. Corral is such a hard projection right now.

Honestly leaning towards going with Lock for 2022 and going all-in on a 1st round QB in 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Maybe in your eyes. But unless he lights it up in pro and combine outta this world .. I can almost promise hr not going top 10 and may not top 20.
                  It is pretty early in the process. I agree that he looks to go somewhere 20-50 based on what we know now. I do think he has impressive physical tools. I think he will test pretty good. Would not surprise me to see him rise up the draft board.

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                    If Willis successfully develops with his physical tools and arm talent— he could become one. Maybe.

Pickett’s ceiling is a poor man’s Derek Carr. Corral is such a hard projection right now.

Honestly leaning towards going with Lock for 2022 and going all-in on a 1st round QB in 2023.
                    Willis damn near threw an int for every 2 tds . 27 tds 12 ints. 9 ints in 3 games this season , when he has a bad game he really has a bad game.
                    Last edited by Locutus; 01-22-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I differ to those of you who know college football. However, I would like to see them do both. Grab their favorite QB in this draft and maybe he surprises with a Russell Wilson type rookie preseason. If not, watch Lock/rookie fail, again, and go all in, in 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

Willis damn near threw an int for every 2 tds . 27 tds 12 ints. 9 ints in 3 games this season , when he has a bad game he really has a bad game.
                        I bet you didn't watch two "full" games of Willis all year long.....lie and say you did.

It's all good tho....he literally is a "one" man show....does he need to clean up some of those ints.....but having weapons will definitely help in the nfl.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Nobody knows how any of these guys are going to work out. You say if Willis develops he can become a franchise guy.....you could literally say that about every QB in the draft. They have to come in with something special about them to put them at the top pre draft. From most mocks I'm seeing Pickett is going 1st out of the bunch. I agree with that just because of his 4 year experience.

Poor man's Carr? What if he supercedes Carr? I just went through some archived threads (Josh Rosen) soooo many people in this place were sold he had all the attributes to be the top overall pick. I'll admit it, I was saying I thought he'd be good too.

The truth, NOBODY here has a clue how these kids will turn out. I was right about Josh Allen, wrong about Rosen. I like Pickett because he has more experience. Is his ceiling or floor already set before he even plays? No....that will be determined when he hits the field

The whole, go all in next year for a QB is said every year here. Wait until the class is better. Same old talk year after year. We are here now with a top 10 pick AGAIN!! Are we going to be top 10 again next year? Who knows but we'll have a last place schedule so I'm betting well have just enough wins to miss it. Then we have to trade up and spend even more. Just take a guy now, we're taking a chance either way
                          Last edited by JvDub95; 01-22-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I bet you didn't watch two "full" games of Willis all year long.....lie and say you did.

It's all good tho....he literally is a "one" man show....does he need to clean up some of those ints.....but having weapons will definitely help in the nfl.
                            He’s a huge project. No way around that. He played against the B-teams of college.

Comment

No. I didn’t even know Liberty existed until about a month ago. His numbers don’t lie,

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

His numbers don’t lie,
                                Yeah, they do....Liberty only beat small colleges. When they played Ole Miss, Syracuse, and Army ....They lost.....Not to mention, the shellacking Louisiana gave them.

Comment

Working...
                                X