No announcement yet.

2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What QB is ready day 1 to start in this year's draft.
    Last year we heard a lot about can't miss QB's , turned out Mac Jones was the only one who looked ready to start. The rest of the group are works in progress.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      What QB is ready day 1 to start in this year's draft.
      Last year we heard a lot about can't miss QB's , turned out Mac Jones was the only one who looked ready to start. The rest of the group are works in progress.
      There may be suprises but i dont see any of them starting day 1 without growing pains ala wilson/lawrence
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post

We've had one HOF come here to finish his career and we won 4 straight division titles, went to two Super Bowls and won one of them. I would take that in a heartbeat given how awful these last six Broncos seasons have been.

Of course everyone wants a young QB. That would be my preference as well but that is much harder to hit. A stated in my comment, I just want the Broncos to win again. If it's Rodgers, great. If it's a young QB, great. I don't care how it happens.
        I want them to win again too. Just not with an aging QB who is here for 2 or 3 years and then the team goes back to the bottom. We need a long term solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

I want them to win again too. Just not with an aging QB who is here for 2 or 3 years and then the team goes back to the bottom. We need a long term solution.
          Yeah I agree. We need to stop with the band aid mentality.

Comment

What QB is ready day 1 to start in this year's draft.
            Cecil lammey was saying that willis had the best day today at the shrine game practice out of all the qbs (corral is the only one not there). He also went on to say that he doesnt have 1st round grades for any of them
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Cecil lammey was saying that willis had the best day today at the shrine game practice out of all the qbs (corral is the only one not there). He also went on to say that he doesnt have 1st round grades for any of them
              Willis could be a good development QB
              sigpic

Comment

• I think Sam Howell is the guy who will skyrocket up the draft board.

Comment

Willis could be a good development QB
                  I am all for developing a qb. In fact its the route i prefer. In a lot of the mocks i do i end up with willis and zappe and still have plenty to cover all our needs. I did this via pfn simulator. For the record i did multiple trades and highly doubt that this could actually happen.

32) malik willis. - dont think i need to say much here

47) cameron thomas - edge

49) kyler gordon - cb

52) phidarian mathis- dt

64) brandon smith - lb/edge

75) daniel faleele- monster tackle

84) bailey zappe - qb to replace rypien

88) nik bonitto - edge/lb

97) jerome ford - rb

112) tariq woolen - 6-4 corner

139) tyler smith - Lt

144) tariq castro fields - cb

152) christian watson - wr

191)zander forvath - fb/rb

228) jelani woods - 6-7 te

241) max bourghi - wr/rb
                  Last edited by armedequation; 02-01-2022, 09:14 PM.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Like I pointed out before....When measuring Pickett's handspan from tip of thumb to tip of pinky, the measurement was under 9 inches.

The reason for this is his thumb is double-jointed, so the measurement was skewed. Take a look at the pic below...See how the thumb bends inward and then curves outward?

This makes the span appear to be a shorter distance but as Pickett pointed out, as the thump flexes around the ball, the span increases. He says his grip is stronger because of it.

Pickett will wait until March's NFL Scouting Combine to be measured because of a double-jointed thumb. Pickett will do hand exercises in the coming weeks in order to develop a more accurate measurement when the combine convenes in Indianapolis.

Bengals starter Joe Burrow plays in a cold-enough town himself, and he went through the same hand-size questions as a draft prospect. His hands measured an even 9" at the 2020 combine. It didn't prevent him from being the No. 1 overall pick of the 2020 draft, however, and clearly did not prevent him from leading the Bengals to a Super Bowl berth this year.

"Considering retirement after I was informed the football will be slipping out of my tiny hands," Burrow joked, via Twitter at the time. "Please keep me in your thoughts."

Double-jointed Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett delays hand-size measurement until NFL Scouting Combine

Example of a hand measurement. (Not Pickett)

Last edited by BroncoBreeder; 02-01-2022, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• The hand thing has always seemed ridiculous to me. It doesn't result in grip strength. It certainly doesn't result in QB ability (the Burrow example is perfect and recent). I hope Pickett turns out to be a stud.

Comment

• I’m starting to warm up to the idea of drafting Pickett at #9. He appears to have all the tools, and the hand size issue is being overblown imo.
                        sigpic
                        2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          I think Sam Howell is the guy who will skyrocket up the draft board.
                          Agreed. I think when it is all said and done, him and Pickett are only two QBs taken first round. Maybe Willis if someone trades up in the backend like Lamar Jackson.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                            The hand thing has always seemed ridiculous to me. It doesn't result in grip strength. It certainly doesn't result in QB ability (the Burrow example is perfect and recent). I hope Pickett turns out to be a stud.
                            Hand size is more about how much of the football you can cover with your palm. If you have a more traditional over the shoulder delivery, you’re going to want to have more palm on the ball to get a tight spiral. If you’re more of a sidearm guy, then longer fingers help you more than palm size. It’s all about getting a good spiral, especially in cities that have adverse conditions more often because any amount of grip loss can result in an errant throw or worse.

I think it is overblown a bit, but I can see the reasoning behind why front offices care so much about it. If they didn’t all you’d here about is how fast a QB was able to throw it, and if you go by that metric Minshew has one of the bigger arms in the league, if I’m not mistake Minshew and Mahomes tied at 57 mph. But there’s a lot more that goes into ball speed than pure arm strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                              The hand thing has always seemed ridiculous to me. It doesn't result in grip strength. It certainly doesn't result in QB ability (the Burrow example is perfect and recent). I hope Pickett turns out to be a stud.
                              The thinking with hand size is better ball control. I don’t know what the data is but iirc it has to do with fumbling cause of the way QBs hold the ball prior to throwing. It is way easier to knock a football out of a QBs hands when they are small. Pass rushers are taught to swat at the ball when they get a sack .

Comment

• Next is the combine. We will get to see a lot more footwork, release, hip rotation, ball placement, touch, deep ball, timing.

My two are still Corral and Willis. I doubt we draft any of them bc the Broncos just never seem to take QB in the top 10. So look for a LB or some RT. Or maybe yet another D.E.
                                My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X