2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Next is the combine. We will get to see a lot more footwork, release, hip rotation, ball placement, touch, deep ball, timing.

My two are still Corral and Willis. I doubt we draft any of them bc the Broncos just never seem to take QB in the top 10. So look for a LB or some RT. Or maybe yet another D.E.
    Maybe we finally pull the trigger on one this year. Remember we didn't draft Alabama guys and then went back to back seasons drafting Alabama guys.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Maybe we finally pull the trigger on one this year. Remember we didn't draft Alabama guys and then went back to back seasons drafting Alabama guys.
      Maybe...but I won't get my hopes up.
      My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Maybe...but I won't get my hopes up.
        The only reason I have hope is Hackett is and offensive minded coach.
        Paton liked Surtain and Parson’s in the draft more than Fields or Mac and I'm sure defensive minded Fangio was all in on Surtain and Parson’s with his job on the line.
        If their is a QB who fits Hackett system I think they pull the trigger.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          The only reason I have hope is Hackett is and offensive minded coach.
          Paton liked Surtain and Parson’s in the draft more than Fields or Mac and I'm sure defensive minded Fangio was all in on Surtain and Parson’s with his job on the line.
          If their is a QB who fits Hackett system I think they pull the trigger.

True. Hopefully it's the right one.
          My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

True. Hopefully it's the right one.
            I think Willis would be a Hacket type QB.....but, I don't think they would start him on the field day one.

Comment

• Mel Kiper has Willis "trending" towards top QB taken....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fted-on-talent

other article has scouts low on 2022 QBs. Several scouts "don't see a single starter" in this crop....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2022-nfl-draft

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                Mel Kiper has Willis "trending" towards top QB taken....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...fted-on-talent

other article has scouts low on 2022 QBs. Several scouts "don't see a single starter" in this crop....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...2022-nfl-draft
                I wonder if it's the guys who liked Sam Darnold, Blake Bortles, and Josh Rosen.

Comment

• Tim Jenkins broke down Willis vs. Ole Miss.

https://youtu.be/_SToKC5eHAY

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                    Tim Jenkins broke down Willis vs. Ole Miss.

https://youtu.be/_SToKC5eHAY
                    Glad he covered the play at 3:52. Threw it to the right guy, but waited and threw it straight to the safety, who never moved after the snap. I don't think the pump fake underneath was meant to influence the safety, but the underneath defenders to create the hole he was supposed to throw into.

But other than not seeing things fast enough, you see how good he could be. Great at throwing outside the numbers. How many quarterbacks can do what Willis did on that play where he made the defender miss off play action? And then he can throw on the run vertically. Not that Pickett can't do that, because he can, but he's not the run threat that Willis is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Glad he covered the play at 3:52. Threw it to the right guy, but waited and threw it straight to the safety, who never moved after the snap. I don't think the pump fake underneath was meant to influence the safety, but the underneath defenders to create the hole he was supposed to throw into.

But other than not seeing things fast enough, you see how good he could be. Great at throwing outside the numbers. How many quarterbacks can do what Willis did on that play where he made the defender miss off play action? And then he can throw on the run vertically. Not that Pickett can't do that, because he can, but he's not the run threat that Willis is.
                      This is also where I wish UNC rolled Howell out a little more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I wonder if it's the guys who liked Sam Darnold, Blake Bortles, and Josh Rosen.
                        Don't know but I think they're wrong, Willis will be a legit playmaker and I think either one of or both of Howell and Pickett will end up with a good careers

Comment

• Bleacher report/scouting report on Pickett.....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-qb?id=021222

Comment

• Just because we have the No. #9 pick doesn't mean the smart move is to draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB.

Could shore up a lot of positions by trading the 9 pick.

Comment

• I'm really curious what the combine results will establish. Will Willis or Pickett be the top guy? Will Howell or Corral jump up and take the top spot? Will Strong be the guy the sky rockets up the board? I'm really curious what makes this draft class so bad for QBs. I see a ton of talent and a hand full of QBs that have several years starting experience.

If Burrow played at a school like Syracuse or Pitt? Would he still have gotten the acknowledgment? Players can only work with what they have at their disposal. Sometimes recruiters miss and sometimes talent evaluaters miss.

I think if Pickett played for Clemson or LSU we'd be getting all the Burrow comparisons and teams would be lining up for him.

I think if Willis played for Oklahoma we'd be hearing "he's a taller Kyler Murray". Clearly not as accurate as Murray but who's to say he wouldn't have been in the offense and tools available.

Point being just because the "big schools" aren't pumping out any QBs this year it's a bad class. I say screw that, the talent is there and if a guy like Corral lands with the Steelers he will be a stud. If the right guy is drafted by the right team success will follow and that's how I feel about Pickett in Denver. He's mobile and has a more than adequate arm (strength and accuracy) to run Hackets offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                I'm really curious what the combine results will establish. Will Willis or Pickett be the top guy? Will Howell or Corral jump up and take the top spot? Will Strong be the guy the sky rockets up the board? I'm really curious what makes this draft class so bad for QBs. I see a ton of talent and a hand full of QBs that have several years starting experience.

If Burrow played at a school like Syracuse or Pitt? Would he still have gotten the acknowledgment? Players can only work with what they have at their disposal. Sometimes recruiters miss and sometimes talent evaluaters miss.

I think if Pickett played for Clemson or LSU we'd be getting all the Burrow comparisons and teams would be lining up for him.

I think if Willis played for Oklahoma we'd be hearing "he's a taller Kyler Murray". Clearly not as accurate as Murray but who's to say he wouldn't have been in the offense and tools available.

Point being just because the "big schools" aren't pumping out any QBs this year it's a bad class. I say screw that, the talent is there and if a guy like Corral lands with the Steelers he will be a stud. If the right guy is drafted by the right team success will follow and that's how I feel about Pickett in Denver. He's mobile and has a more than adequate arm (strength and accuracy) to run Hackets offense.
                                It’s a bad class. Has nothing to do with the size of the school.

Comment

Working...
                                X