2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Locutus View Post

It’s a bad class. Has nothing to do with the size of the school.
    What makes it a bad class?

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

What makes it a bad class?
      None of them stand out. Pickett is the best of the bunch but small hands and sub par arm strength is a red flag. Everyone else are projects that should not get a chance to start until their second or third year.

Comment

None of them stand out. Pickett is the best of the bunch but small hands and sub par arm strength is a red flag. Everyone else are projects that should not get a chance to start until their second or third year.
        Howell last season was a sure fire 1st round pick, top 10 even, what changed?

July 2021 scouting report
        https://www.extrapointff.com/sam-how...outing-report/

Pickett is a Heisman finalist and broke Dan Marinos td record. Hand size makes him not good all of a sudden? Arm strength ?....

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...-QB-Pittsburgh

"Possesses a good right arm and is capable of making most NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes."

Malik Willis is the pre draft buzz. He has the size and Cam Newton structure to handle the NFL abuse. Is he a project? Sure, so was Trey Lance drafted number 3?

Matt Corral probably has the most all around athletic ability, plus he has a 9 1/2" hand size LOL, joking aside...

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...ral-QB-OleMiss

" in Kiffin’s high-scoring offense (39.2 points per game, No. 14 nationally), Corral broke out with one of the best passing campaigns in the country (10.1 adjusted yards per attempt, No. 6 in Power Five.
        He completed 70.9% of his passes and threw for 3,337 yards, 29 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions) - this catapulted him to national attention and put him on the radar as a potential high-round pick in the 2022 NFL draft."

I could go on to Ridder? Cincinnati was garbage and still is after he leaves. If 1 player puts a team on his back and puts them into collage playoff contention he deserves a seat at the best QB in the draft conversation.

So, what makes it weak? Because one or 2 "sources" say it's so? Cream rises to the top and these QBs will rise
        Last edited by JvDub95; 02-26-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Howell last season was a sure fire 1st round pick, top 10 even, what changed?

July 2021 scouting report
          https://www.extrapointff.com/sam-how...outing-report/

Pickett is a Heisman finalist and broke Dan Marinos td record. Hand size makes him not good all of a sudden? Arm strength ?....

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...-QB-Pittsburgh

"Possesses a good right arm and is capable of making most NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes."

Malik Willis is the pre draft buzz. He has the size and Cam Newton structure to handle the NFL abuse. Is he a project? Sure, so was Trey Lance drafted number 3?

Matt Corral probably has the most all around athletic ability, plus he has a 9 1/2" hand size LOL, joking aside...

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...ral-QB-OleMiss

" in Kiffin’s high-scoring offense (39.2 points per game, No. 14 nationally), Corral broke out with one of the best passing campaigns in the country (10.1 adjusted yards per attempt, No. 6 in Power Five.
          He completed 70.9% of his passes and threw for 3,337 yards, 29 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions) - this catapulted him to national attention and put him on the radar as a potential high-round pick in the 2022 NFL draft."

I could go on to Ridder? Cincinnati was garbage and still is after he leaves. If 1 player puts a team on his back and puts them into collage playoff contention he deserves a seat at the best QB in the draft conversation.

So, what makes it weak? Because one or 2 "sources" say it's so? Cream rises to the top and these QBs will rise
          sorry the truth about this class upsets you. It is what it is.

Comment

sorry the truth about this class upsets you. It is what it is.
            It doesn't upset me, I ask questions because I see some quality players there. Rather than just say....it's weak....and have nothing other than my own beliefs on it. I put out there other sites and scouts that buck the trend because it deserves to be bucked.

If Trey Lance can be drafted number 3 for as little as he has done just because he's athletic than this class is well above average and a great class

Comment

I'm really curious what the combine results will establish. Will Willis or Pickett be the top guy? Will Howell or Corral jump up and take the top spot? Will Strong be the guy the sky rockets up the board? I'm really curious what makes this draft class so bad for QBs. I see a ton of talent and a hand full of QBs that have several years starting experience.

If Burrow played at a school like Syracuse or Pitt? Would he still have gotten the acknowledgment? Players can only work with what they have at their disposal. Sometimes recruiters miss and sometimes talent evaluaters miss.

I think if Pickett played for Clemson or LSU we'd be getting all the Burrow comparisons and teams would be lining up for him.

I think if Willis played for Oklahoma we'd be hearing "he's a taller Kyler Murray". Clearly not as accurate as Murray but who's to say he wouldn't have been in the offense and tools available.

Point being just because the "big schools" aren't pumping out any QBs this year it's a bad class. I say screw that, the talent is there and if a guy like Corral lands with the Steelers he will be a stud. If the right guy is drafted by the right team success will follow and that's how I feel about Pickett in Denver. He's mobile and has a more than adequate arm (strength and accuracy) to run Hackets offense.
              I agree 100%... ion listen to Mel, dj, nor Todd mcshay....everyone know I go against the grain...most people ONLY say it's weak bc of those very people or what they hear and repeat on ESPN and NFL NETWORK.

I tell people to do your own work.

I still like Willis and Corral and would be SUPER happy if we got either one of them.

Then you have some lock supporters that dont want any other qbs here bc lock...lock... everyone will suck to them.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Second or 3rd year lmao....are you serious....you are basically saying they really should be 4th and 5th rd picks....but I'm not suprised I you still think lock is good.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

It doesn't upset me, I ask questions because I see some quality players there. Rather than just say....it's weak....and have nothing other than my own beliefs on it. I put out there other sites and scouts that buck the trend because it deserves to be bucked.

If Trey Lance can be drafted number 3 for as little as he has done just because he's athletic than this class is well above average and a great class
                  No one will be give you a real answer.. just surface things you can tell that they just watched YouTube highlights...and sports talk radio, or espn repeaters...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Second or 3rd year lmao....are you serious....you are basically saying they really should be 4th and 5th rd picks....but I'm not suprised I you still think lock is good.
                    A QB drafted in the 4th or 5th rd is being drafted to be a backup nothing more. 2nd or 3rd rounders are projects. Pickett is the only one in the draft that can possibly start year one. IMO

Comment

No one will be give you a real answer.. just surface things you can tell that they just watched YouTube highlights...and sports talk radio, or espn repeaters...
                      That's hilarious coming from you, the person that never responds rationally and only insults people. Give me a REAL answer. What are your grades for each of the top rated QBs this year and last? Real scouts have a grading system where they score various attributes. For QBs, they'll score things like arm strength, accuracy, competition, fundamentals, coaching, health, intelligence, character, etc.

Using this system, John Elway was, and still is, considered to be the highest rated draft pick out of college of all time, any position. He had all the physical abilities, his dad was a college coach, went to Stanford, good competition, etc. A QB like Josh Allen had the physical attributes Elway had, which is why I liked him more than your boy Jackson. However, he didn't have many of the other attributes Elway had like big time competition, coaching, etc., so he wasn't rated as highly as Elway.

If the super scouts here would use the same system and grade individual attributes, then giving a score, we could compare how you feel about QBs from last year and this year and see if your own rankings show this is a better class or not, in your opinion.

So give us a REAL answer to how you actually rate the top 5 from last year and the top 5 from this year. Let's see how you rank this year's QBs against Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance. Pick the top 8-10 attributes you want in a QB, score each from 1-10 and weight any of the attributes you feel are most important, like arm strength or health. And please show your math. This is how real scouts rate college players and why they may like one class better than another.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

That's hilarious coming from you, the person that never responds rationally and only insults people. Give me a REAL answer. What are your grades for each of the top rated QBs this year and last? Real scouts have a grading system where they score various attributes. For QBs, they'll score things like arm strength, accuracy, competition, fundamentals, coaching, health, intelligence, character, etc.

Using this system, John Elway was, and still is, considered to be the highest rated draft pick out of college of all time, any position. He had all the physical abilities, his dad was a college coach, went to Stanford, good competition, etc. A QB like Josh Allen had the physical attributes Elway had, which is why I liked him more than your boy Jackson. However, he didn't have many of the other attributes Elway had like big time competition, coaching, etc., so he wasn't rated as highly as Elway.

If the super scouts here would use the same system and grade individual attributes, then giving a score, we could compare how you feel about QBs from last year and this year and see if your own rankings show this is a better class or not, in your opinion.

So give us a REAL answer to how you actually rate the top 5 from last year and the top 5 from this year. Let's see how you rank this year's QBs against Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Jones, Lance. Pick the top 8-10 attributes you want in a QB, score each from 1-10 and weight any of the attributes you feel are most important, like arm strength or health. And please show your math. This is how real scouts rate college players and why they may like one class better than another.

Oh boy like the scouts have NEVER been wrong and they are always right. Somethings on a qb can't be measured on a 5 point ranking skills. Some just have the "it" / eyeball test. I'm not saying arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence, height, weight, speed etc are not important. But there is no one all be all way to rate a qb.

Insults???? Yea ok. I don't insult anyone. I just disagree. This is coming from someone whom just say "this is a weak draft and if you don't understand then I don't know what to tell you."

Saying Pickett is the "only qb that can come in and start 1 year is crazy. Based off what?? That's "YOUR" opinion and not a fact. Is amazes me that I don't recall seeing not one post about Kenny Pickett until like mid October from anyone. Now he is the most "pro ready".

But my breakdown of the qbs was posted BEFORE one snap was even played this year. I do my film study and breakdown...and just bc I "choose" not to post a power point breakdown on each qb and choose to sum it up means I don't know what I'm talking about???? Ok you hold that thought. I'm perfectly fine with waiting and see who is right.

I have given my thoughts on last year class already it was posted.

Comment

Then you have some lock supporters that dont want any other qbs here bc lock...lock... everyone will suck to them.
                          I'm glad you stated "some", cause as you know, I've clearly stated I would be happy with Willis or Corral @ 9, or Howel , Strong or even Ridder in the 2nd........and I've even made two separate posts about picking up one or even two late round QB's in Zappe or Eleby. I just strongly believe that Lock is the right guy for week 1. He would beat out any of these young guns. If he falters during the season , we'd have a viable, although maybe not ready back-up. If Lock has a great season, we tag him.... Now, if the powers that be decide that Picket @ 9 is the right choice........he MIGHT be a week one starter......."might". I've never seen you make a comment on Picket other than "why does everyone jump on the Picket train all of the sudden." I don't study like you do....but, it sounds as if he is capable of reading and being prepared to face NFL defenses, where as the other young QB's tend to be from more simplified offenses that would be to overwhelming for them to see the field week one. See "Trey Lance". Heck, Trey Lance's team went far in the Play-offs, while he sat the bench. The same could happen with the Bronco's.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I'm glad you stated "some", cause as you know, I've clearly stated I would be happy with Willis or Corral @ 9, or Howel , Strong or even Ridder in the 2nd........and I've even made two separate posts about picking up one or even two late round QB's in Zappe or Eleby. I just strongly believe that Lock is the right guy for week 1. He would beat out any of these young guns. If he falters during the season , we'd have a viable, although maybe not ready back-up. If Lock has a great season, we tag him.... Now, if the powers that be decide that Picket @ 9 is the right choice........he MIGHT be a week one starter......."might". I've never seen you make a comment on Picket other than "why does everyone jump on the Picket train all of the sudden." I don't study like you do....but, it sounds as if he is capable of reading and being prepared to face NFL defenses, where as the other young QB's tend to be from more simplified offenses that would be to overwhelming for them to see the field week one. See "Trey Lance". Heck, Trey Lance's team went far in the Play-offs, while he sat the bench. The same could happen with the Bronco's.
                            I'm not entirely sure he would. They all have to learn the same offense, it's not like Drew has pre existing knowledge of the offense like Rodgers would.

He probably would start the season depending on how the schedule is laid out, imo. If we start out with a cake walk first 3 or 4 games I can easily see a rookie starting. If we start out with a bunch of playoff teams then it will be Drew.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Yea not you. I feel you truly want what's best for the Broncos not matter how it comes. Real talk.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure he would. They all have to learn the same offense, it's not like Drew has pre existing knowledge of the offense like Rodgers would.

He probably would start the season depending on how the schedule is laid out, imo. If we start out with a cake walk first 3 or 4 games I can easily see a rookie starting. If we start out with a bunch of playoff teams then it will be Drew.
                                I agree I don't think it's a slam dunk.
                                1. His a brand new system so more of a level playing field.
                                2. Lock didn't play much at all last season and when he did it was "meh"
                                3. The same things a lot of people are saying this qb class needs to work on...are the exact same things Drew have been inconsistent with and needs to work on himself. By those reasons alone he's not slam dink to be week 1 starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X