2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Dillon Gabriel could be another riser. Stats look great, tape is a little all over the place though. Big arm but doesn’t ever put touch on his passes so he has a lot of drops. He gets happy feet which causes some really wild passes although they usually don’t result in INTs, probably because he’s trying to throw through everyone. He doesn’t really seem to deal with pressure that well and his release seems a tad slow but that might just be because he’s a lefty. But he has a massive arm and fits passes into tight windows, he also knows when to slide and went to fight for extra yardage. He does a good job with the hard count and goes for the home run when they do jump. He also seems to have a real strong group of targets to throw to. I’ve only watched some highlights and his game against Cincinnati though so it’s far from a complete picture.
    riser his size and tape or at least from the boise state wouldn't see him drafted much infront of the 5ht or 6th
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Watching North Carolina and Virginia Tech.....

Hokies winning 14-0 at the half, Sam Howell: 4/8, 58 yards, 0 TD, 0 Int.... not looking good so far. Skittish in the pocket, takes off running running rather than buying time, some of his throws are high, pressure clearly getting to him, having trouble sustaining drives. Interesting to see how he responds in the second half.
      Last edited by sra84; 09-03-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Poor showing by Howell. His best play was a WR screen that was his only touchdown pass, and it was all his receiver who made that play a success.

I don't see him as a franchise QB.

And I'm not judging him just by this one game. I never saw him as anything but a middling QB prospect. Tonight simply showed how overrated he is.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
          Poor showing by Howell. His best play was a WR screen that was his only touchdown pass, and it was all his receiver who made that play a success.

I don't see him as a franchise QB.

And I'm not judging him just by this one game. I never saw him as anything but a middling QB prospect. Tonight simply showed how overrated he is.
          It's early...but remember I said in my earlier post...Sam benefited heavy from having 2 stud rbs. That would make any qb life easy....thats usually happens at uga....but that will only get you so far....I didn't see the game but I will watch it this weekend. 1 td and 3ints vs VT...is not good barely 50% comp and only 208 yards.
          My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Rough game for Howell, but how he bounces back will be very important for scouting. Herbert had rough outing against Auburn but he bounced back and had a good season.

Jayden Daniels was impressive, didn’t get a touchdown but he was accurate and got the team a big lead before leaving with some muscle cramps. I don’t think he comes out this year but I do enjoy watching him and he has his head on straight. He got an endorsement with a local pizza place and took his oline there for pizzas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

It's early...but remember I said in my earlier post...Sam benefited heavy from having 2 stud rbs. That would make any qb life easy....thats usually happens at uga....but that will only get you so far....I didn't see the game but I will watch it this weekend. 1 td and 3ints vs VT...is not good barely 50% comp and only 208 yards.
              Howell is too quick to just tuck it and run if the pocket collapses. He doesn't buy time to let his receivers get separation. He lacks poise under pressure. That won't cut it in the NFL.

He has a strong arm but he's sloppy in his delivery when he's on the move.

Virginia Tech's defense got to him early and you could tell it was in his head the whole game.

This game showed how low his floor is....and it's not good for some being considered for the first overall pick next year.

Honestly, I don't see him as a better quarterback prospect than Lock.

Comment

Rough game for Howell, but how he bounces back will be very important for scouting. Herbert had rough outing against Auburn but he bounced back and had a good season.

Jayden Daniels was impressive, didn’t get a touchdown but he was accurate and got the team a big lead before leaving with some muscle cramps. I don’t think he comes out this year but I do enjoy watching him and he has his head on straight. He got an endorsement with a local pizza place and took his oline there for pizzas.
                Herbert still played better in that game than what Howell showed last night. Herbert still kept his composure and was still fairly proficient in his passes. His worst wasn't as nearly as bad as Howell's.

​​​​And Auburn was a much better team than the one Howell faced last night.

​​​​​​But like you said, we'll see how he bounces back. It's one game, I get that. I'm just saying that I don't like how low his floor is if he's being considered to be a top pick.
                Last edited by sra84; 09-04-2021, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Ummmm I don't know about that. Justin didn't have any TO's and Howell had 3...they both only had 1 TD but VT was a non ranked opponent Auburn was ranked 16th or 17th that year. But you are right one game isn't the be all end all....He could ball out for the rest of the season. However, I think not having his 2 stub rbs is going to affect this year.... now how much?? Only he can decide that.
                  My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Herbert still played better in that game than what Howell showed last night. Herbert still kept his composure and was still fairly proficient in his passes. His worst wasn't as nearly as bad as Howell's.

​​​​And Auburn was a much better team than the one Howell faced last night.

​​​​​​But like you said, we'll see how he bounces back. It's one game, I get that. I'm just saying that I don't like how low his floor is if he's being considered to be a top pick.
                    As of now I agree...but it's a long season....he can turn it around.

Comment

Going into week 1 my NCAA Qb rankings

1. Matt Corral
                      2. Malik Willis - Really 1b lol
                      3. Kedon Slovis
                      4. Sam Howell
                      5. Spencer Rattler
                      6. Desmond Ridder
                      7. Emory Jones
                      8. Carson Strong

Ranking will change as the year continues.

Comment

Admittedly, I'm not high on any of these quarterbacks, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Spencer Rattler, right now.... and that's by default.

Rattler, Ridder, Strong and Slovis are probably the one's I'm most interested in, but I'll be trying to watch as many as I can.

I can say I don't like Howell.

Comment

Admittedly, I'm not high on any of these quarterbacks, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Spencer Rattler, right now.... and that's by default.

Rattler, Ridder, Strong and Slovis are probably the one's I'm most interested in, but I'll be trying to watch as many as I can.

That's the thing about college qbs....every year almost someone shoots up. No one was checking for:
                          Zac Wilson,
                          Joe Burrow
                          Mac Jones
                          Baker Mayfield
                          Kyle Murray

Not saying they are all good but really wasn't on the radar at the start of the season.

Comment

I'm not sold on Spencer yet. They really don't play anyone and he has all day to throw. Any qb can make great throws with that lined up. But we will see....I still feel like he does everything good but nothing GREAT like wow for all the hype he's getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I'm not sold on Spencer yet. They really don't play anyone and he has all day to throw. Any qb can make great throws with that lined up. But we will see....I still feel like he does everything good but nothing GREAT like wow for all the hype he's getting.
                              Yeah, that's why I said it's Rattler by default, right now. I want to see how he progresses this year and I want to see him face adversity.

Initially, Slovis was at the top of my list but his decision making leaves some to be desired and he doesn't have the strongest arm. And his accuracy dipped last year, as did his overall performance, so, I want to see if he can rebound.

Ridder, like Howell, has a tendency to take off before letting the play to develop. But I think his upside is much higher than Howell's. His accuracy improved from 2019 to 2020 but it was still only in the 60's. I do like his toughness and the fact that he's held his own in going against better competition, as evidenced in the Bowl game against Georgia.

Strong is the one unknown, if you will, that I'm most interested in. Don't know how many Nevada games I'll get to see but I hope to see a few.
                              Last edited by sra84; 09-04-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I said it's Rattler by default, right now. I want to see how he progresses this year and I want to see him face adversity.

Initially, Slovis was at the top of my list but his decision making leaves some to be desired and he doesn't have the strongest arm. And his accuracy dipped last year, as did his overall performance, so, I want to see if he can rebound.

Ridder, like Howell, has a tendency to take off before letting the play to develop. But I think his upside is much higher than Howell's. His accuracy improved from 2019 to 2020 but it was still only in the 60's. I do like his toughness and the fact that he's held his own in going against better competition, as evidenced in the Bowl game against Georgia.

Strong is the one unknown, if you will, that I'm most interested in. Don't know how many Nevada games I'll get to see but I hope to see a few.
                                Understood, how you feel about Ridder I feel about Corral. I really like what I see in him. Can't wait to watch him on Monday, hopefully I will still feel that same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X