2022 College Qb breakdown for the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Understood, how you feel about Ridder I feel about Corral. I really like what I see in him. Can't wait to watch him on Monday, hopefully I will still feel that same way.
    Well, I'll get to see Carson Strong and Nevada vs California....at 10:30 tonight (living on the east coast).

Comment

Rattler with a bad interception to start against Tulane. Threw it into double coverage with lots of time in the pocket....poor decision.

That's just bad....

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        Rattler with a bad interception to start against Tulane. Threw it into double coverage with lots of time in the pocket....poor decision.

That's just bad....
        Again It's the time he has to throw....won't have that in NFL.
        My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Again It's the time he has to throw....won't have that in NFL.
          Yeah and we won't get a real sense of what he is for a few weeks. Oklahoma has a soft schedule to start. I know I said he was at the top of my list going into the season, albeit by default, but I don't think he'll stay there for long. I'm just not impressed.

I think I'm more interested in seeing Slovis, Ridder and Strong.

Your guys Coral and Willis are somewhat intriguing.

Comment

so i may have a love fest with Bryce Young but that is 2023 which is why i think i would be fine on passing QB this year
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              so i may have a love fest with Bryce Young but that is 2023 which is why i think i would be fine on passing QB this year
              A little to fast for me....I think next year will be a huge year for him. We probably won't be in the position to get but we never know.
              My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

DJ Uiagalelei is another QB I want to see. Can he be the next great Clemson QB, following Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence? He certainly has the physical talent, size and athleticism.

This is all the more reason I believe we should pass on QB in next year's draft. We'd be better served addressing offensive tackle, linebacker or edge rusher in the first round and roll with either Bridgewater or Lock.

Then, when better QB prospects become draft eligible, we can make our move to get one if Lock ultimately doesn't pan out.
                Last edited by sra84; 09-04-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Big day for Desmond Ridder against Miami, Ohio

20/25, 295 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT
                  31 rush yards, 1TD

Bearcats up 42-14 with two minutes to go.

Comment

Big day for Desmond Ridder against Miami, Ohio

20/25, 295 yards, 4 TD's, 1 INT
                    31 rush yards, 1TD

Bearcats up 42-14 with two minutes to go.
                    Good numbers and good day. However I expect those numbers vs M-OH....

Comment

Good numbers and good day. However I expect those numbers vs M-OH....
                      Yeah, the games I have marked on his schedule is at Indiana, at Notre Dame and home against Central Florida. Those will be his toughest games.

Still, it's a good thing to handle your business against an inferior opponent. Unlike Slovis, who, despite a decent final stat line, played a rather pedestrian game against San Jose State.

The only other game I'm invested in tonight is Nevada vs California to get a glimpse at Carson Strong.
                      Last edited by sra84; 09-04-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Watched Nevada and Carson Strong against Cal.

Strong had some nice touch and ball placement on his deep, over the shoulder to the sideline throws. Definitely has a big arm and ideal size for quarterback. Good zip on his line drive passes.

Got off to a slow start, but settled in. Pretty good pocket awareness, didn't get too jittery. Went through progressions fairly well. Showed his displeasure with a couple missed plays and penalties he didn't agree with.... which is fine as long as it doesn't get out of control. There's a difference between competitive passion and being a hothead.

I can see the appeal of him as a prospect.

Want to see more of his games.
                        Last edited by sra84; 09-05-2021, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Last QB to see is Coral on Monday night.

After Saturday, my ranks are,

1. Desmond Ridder- Yes, it was only Miami, Ohio, but he did what you're supposed to do against a lesser opponent: play smart, effective and proficient. Beat them more with his arm than his legs (although he did both). If he can continue to improve his accuracy and buy time and go through progressions rather than take off running after his first read, he could be a really good QB.

2. Carson Strong- Has the size and physical traits. Want to see more of his games to get a better sense of his mental game. Toughest games will probably be Kansas State and Boise State, so I hope to see those and how he does against better competition.

3. Spencer Rattler- Talent is there, but too inconsistent given the talent around him. He disappeared in the second half against Tulane. I was very unimpressed.
                          ​​​​​
                          4. Kedon Slovis- Sometimes he looks proficient, sometimes he looks lost. Adequate arm strength. Accuracy is going to be his top attribute. I was a little underwhelmed by his performance against San Jose State.

Not high on Howell and Willis.

My ranks are going to be on a weekly basis.

Go Buckeyes!!
                          ​​​​​​
                          Last edited by sra84; 09-05-2021, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Watched Nevada and Carson Strong against Cal.

Strong had some nice touch and ball placement on his deep, over the shoulder to the sideline throws. Definitely has a big arm and ideal size for quarterback. Good zip on his line drive passes.

Got off to a slow start, but settled in. Pretty good pocket awareness, didn't get too jittery. Went through progressions fairly well. Showed his displeasure with a couple missed plays and penalties he didn't agree with.... which is fine as long as it doesn't get out of control. There's a difference between competitive passion and being a hothead.

I can see the appeal of him as a prospect.

Want to see more of his games.
                            It was "meh" for me? Decent game but about 56% with a pick....need to see more. But I saw some of the good throws you mentioned. More film is needed.

Comment

Last QB to see is Coral on Monday night.

After Saturday, my ranks are,

1. Desmond Ridder- Yes, it was only Miami, Ohio, but he did what you're supposed to do against a lesser opponent: play smart, effective and proficient. Beat them more with his arm than his legs (although he did both). If he can continue to improve his accuracy and buy time and go through progressions rather than take off running after his first read, he could be a really good QB.

2. Carson Strong- Has the size and physical traits. Want to see more of his games to get a better sense of his mental game. Toughest games will probably be Kansas State and Boise State, so I hope to see those and how he does against better competition.

3. Spencer Rattler- Talent is there, but too inconsistent given the talent around him. He disappeared in the second half against Tulane. I was very unimpressed.
                              ​​​​​
                              4. Kedon Slovis- Sometimes he looks proficient, sometimes he looks lost. Adequate arm strength. Accuracy is going to be his top attribute. I was a little underwhelmed by his performance against San Jose State.

Not high on Howell and Willis.

My ranks are going to be on a weekly basis.

Go Buckeyes!!
                              ​​​​​​
                              Good list. I agree on Sam but not closing the door. Rattler just not a fan as I stated in my first write up.

Willis was "meh" 68 comp % tds running and throwing. He def needs to step up..

Matt CiMatt- is on Monday we will see if he does hit the 1st game woe like some this year have.

My rank list will go up and down weekly, But every 3rd game will give a deeper look. I think qbs need about 3 games to see certain tendencies.

Comment

Good list. I agree on Sam but not closing the door. Rattler just not a fan as I stated in my first write up.

Willis was "meh" 68 comp % tds running and throwing. He def needs to step up..

Matt CiMatt- is on Monday we will see if he does hit the 1st game woe like some this year have.

My rank list will go up and down weekly, But every 3rd game will give a deeper look. I think qbs need about 3 games to see certain tendencies.
                                Thanks. I don't have a favorite so it's easy for me to be objective... unlike last year with Fields, being an Ohio State fan, when I just couldn't put him behind Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. And luckily CJ Stroud is a 19 year freshman so I can just sit back and root for him for a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X