DEN Give Sutton $60.8M Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

That is Sutton’s fault. He runs all his routes beyond the first down marker.

Ba wah hahahaha Good one FR Tim

Had to Edit or rather add.........I'm still chuckling

Comment

Exactly what I thought he'd get. Last year, I was thinking Patrick would get 8 on the market, and this year I was thinking it'd be as high as 12 depending on guarantees. So, we probably got a slight discount on Patrick at this point.

Comment

If I'm completely honest, I've been a little worried about Sutton's play this year. His lack of effort on some plays have made me wonder how much the injury is weighing on him. It's not that he's been bad, but, at times, it's almost as if he's not willing to make that extra effort to get a ball that isn't delivered right to his hands.

I like the signing, but from what I've seen, $60 mill seems a little high.
        Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post
          If I'm completely honest, I've been a little worried about Sutton's play this year. His lack of effort on some plays have made me wonder how much the injury is weighing on him. It's not that he's been bad, but, at times, it's almost as if he's not willing to make that extra effort to get a ball that isn't delivered right to his hands.

I like the signing, but from what I've seen, $60 mill seems a little high.
          Just going to put in this little mea culpa... I thought I read that it was 3/$60 mil, which would have made him a top 5 paid WR... this is a solid deal.
          Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post

And a competent front office , and an interior o line that doesn’t fold too easily , and offensive players that tackle when they’ve just turned the ball over , and a special teams that blocks field goal attempts , and a cheaper running back who doesn’t fumble as much.
            I mean, the Broncos over the past couple of years have been one of the best at that with Shelby on the line. The rest, I agree with.
            sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Glad him and Patrick are locked up. In 3 years when it’s Jeudy’s turn to get signed we can move on from Patrick or Sutton if needed but we are deep at WR. Big draw for a Vet QB… *cough Wilson cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                I didn't want to lose Sutton or Patrick so I'm beyond happy that we have them both locked up.
                Agreed! This shows that Paton knows what players bring value to the team and need to stay. Now just need a QB to throw them the ball!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                  Hopefully it attracts the likes of Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson in the off-season. Sutton, Judy, and Patrick is a formidable combo with the right guy throwing the ball.
                  This only happens with the right coaching staff. As long as Fangio and Shurmur are here, the QB play will continue to suffer.

Comment

Excellent! One of the key aspects of sports management is to lock up your young guns. With Sutton and Patrick under wraps for some years it allows us to focus on other players/positions.

Two good transactions in short order.

Comment

Really happy we now have Jeudy, Patrick and Sutton secured for the next few years.

What's our cap space like for a QB?

Comment

This was a Great Signing !! Signing Court and Tim wow Great News in DBC !!

Comment

I wonder if any of the money was added to be paid this year to lighten the cap number next year

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                            Really happy we now have Jeudy, Patrick and Sutton secured for the next few years.

What's our cap space like for a QB?
                            Spotrac has us projected to have leagues most available cap space in 2022

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Spotrac has us projected to have leagues most available cap space in 2022

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/
                              I read something similar on Over The Cap but couldn't quite believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

That is Sutton’s fault. He runs all his routes beyond the first down marker.

Glad to see the contracts locking in key players. It is a slow process but work is being done to build some consistently.
                                It is not Sutton's fault we have picked a QB who will not throw certain routes.
                                Let's Ride!

Comment

Working...
                                X