X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I expect Sutton to be Wilson's favorite red zone target. He is a decent deep threat and we've all seen some ridiculous catches from him. He will have a big year I have no doubt
    I expect Sutton and Jeudy to have career years this season.

Leave a comment:

• broncojuan
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Sutton made some outstanding plays when he first came in and wanted to prove himself ....... before he got hurt. I bet knowing that he's got a long future ahead with Wilson, and contract in order, he can again concentrate on making big plays again. He did some amazing things with a terrible offense
    I hope you're right. I was a little worried watching him last season. He seemed to be missing that nastiness that helped him fight for some tougher catches. I was guessing that it was due to a combination of the injury, and not believing in the QB getting him the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos1963
    replied
    Sutton made some outstanding plays when he first came in and wanted to prove himself ....... before he got hurt. I bet knowing that he's got a long future ahead with Wilson, and contract in order, he can again concentrate on making big plays again. He did some amazing things with a terrible offense
    I agree. But I'll be happy to simply see "routine" plays being made routinely. With Denver's talent, I think big plays will come too. It will be nice to simply see the offense get first downs, touchdowns, and keep pressure on the other team.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Also have to factor in his health. He has had another year to recover and build up his knee. He played last year but he never looked “ completely recovered” IMO.

Expecting to see a better version of Sutton. And then add the motivation of a new QB. Big year for Sutton.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Now tell me the winning lottery numbers.
    Sorry pal....I'm keeping those for myself

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Next year when we have an actual QB on the roster you'll be singing a different tune
    Now tell me the winning lottery numbers.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    I expect Sutton to be Wilson's favorite red zone target. He is a decent deep threat and we've all seen some ridiculous catches from him. He will have a big year I have no doubt

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    There was a lot of talk about this deal and the Patrick deal.

One question I wonder now....does Wilson wave his no trade clause if we have Hamler+Jerry as opposed to Hamler+Jerry+Sutton+Patrick.

I do not think these deals were done with Wilson specifically in mind. They were done to fill other holes. It just helped get Wilson too
    That's a good group of receivers because you have stretch the field vertical (Hamler), horizontal (Jeudy) and possession, over-the-middle/sideline/red zone guys (Sutton & Patrick) before taking Albert O. into consideration. Plus, when the larger receivers are in, there is good blocking for Williams. I think Russell will like the offensive skill guys Denver has.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    There was a lot of talk about this deal and the Patrick deal.

One question I wonder now....does Wilson wave his no trade clause if we have Hamler+Jerry as opposed to Hamler+Jerry+Sutton+Patrick.

I do not think these deals were done with Wilson specifically in mind. They were done to fill other holes. It just helped get Wilson too

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Peerless View Post
    The last 6 games have been miserable for Sutton. He has had fewer yards in every one of those games than he ever had with Lock (for reference: 12, 9, 15, 17, 29, 9yds).

He hasn’t scored a touchdown since Oct. 17 against the Raiders. He hasn’t caught more than two passes or put up more than 40 receiving yards in a tilt since Oct. 21 in Cleveland.

Oof.

I also so on another site the breakdown of Sutton WITH Lock - which also isn't anything to write home about:

Sutton wasn't great with Lock. I think everyone associates Sutton being good with Lock because of his debut when he got 4 catches for 74 and 2 TDs.

Outside of his debut with Lock 4 catches for 74 yards and 2 TDs, his other games with Lock as starter were:

5/34/0

4/79/0

5/41/0

4/52/0

3/66/0

Looking more and more at the numbers, the contract doesn't look to good....
    I think many of those catches were Sutton winning 50/50 balls, which contributed to the perception that he was great with Lock.

However, because Lock was never able to build on his chemistry with Sutton, due to Sutton’s injury, we can’t assume that combo wouldn’t be great.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Statistically there is little to separate Sutton and Patrick, and at least to me, they seem similar in playing style, body type and speed.in fact surprisingly similar.

I don't know about their respective injury records except the well documented injury to Sutton. Also don't know about drop rate, but it looks like they are veey similar players. Bang per buck is a different story.

I don't get to watch many games, but I expect nothing but 100% effort, irrespective of who is chucking the football. I don't know if Sutton is cruising now he's been paid, but I'd be very disappointed if he was.
    Last edited by BiscuitBronco; 12-22-2021, 06:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fantaztic7
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I think it's because he is frustrated with the QB play and the offense in general, which is no excuse at all but he just seems like he isn't interested.

Seems like he had more passion and fire for playing in his first season
    If we revisit camp before the 2020 season Sutton really struggled with drops, a sign of lack of focus. He was injured early last season so we don’t know how his year would have played out.

I think he’s a guy who made a few outstanding plays and the front office was fooled into a generous contract.

It’s not to say he cannot be good however the approach should have been to prove his value before landing a top 5% contract.

I always said Tim Patrick was the better receiver.

Leave a comment:

• cousinal111
    replied
    All has to be a master plan to bring in a legit Quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    The last 6 games have been miserable for Sutton. He has had fewer yards in every one of those games than he ever had with Lock (for reference: 12, 9, 15, 17, 29, 9yds).

He hasn’t scored a touchdown since Oct. 17 against the Raiders. He hasn’t caught more than two passes or put up more than 40 receiving yards in a tilt since Oct. 21 in Cleveland.

Oof.

I also so on another site the breakdown of Sutton WITH Lock - which also isn't anything to write home about:

Sutton wasn't great with Lock. I think everyone associates Sutton being good with Lock because of his debut when he got 4 catches for 74 and 2 TDs.

Outside of his debut with Lock 4 catches for 74 yards and 2 TDs, his other games with Lock as starter were:

5/34/0

4/79/0

5/41/0

4/52/0

3/66/0

Looking more and more at the numbers, the contract doesn't look to good....
    Last edited by Peerless; 12-22-2021, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X