QB plan in 2022!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

Armstrong seems pretty fragile to me. He broke a rib against BYU and injured his ankle against Virginia Tech. Don't get me wrong, he's a good QB, just not sure he can stay on the field
    He didn’t break a rib - he pulled cartilage extending for a first down. Ankle injuries happen all the time. People said that about Matt Stafford when he got dinged up early in his career.

Comment

Most sites have him as a mid to late round pick and i don't see more then a a homer trying to hype up his QB i could be wrong but i don't think it would be smart for him to declear. i feel he may need another season like the one he is having for people to take him seriously right now i see him as a 3rd rounder at best.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
        Lane Kiffin and Matt Corral?
        I think we should take a look at Joe Brady as our next HC. Young, creative and think he could help our team. Sure it is a gamble with his lack of resume, but it seems to be working out with the majority of teams lately. Perhaps there is a cultural or communication break between contemporary players and much older coaches. At this point, I would rather gamble on a youth rather than an old tried and true mechanism for mediocrity.

New England Patriots GM

Comment

Anyone other than Teddy Please

Comment

Maybe Denver should just have public tryouts for QB....anything off the street would be better than what we got LOL
            https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Noah-Fant-trucks-Browns-defender-breaks-multiple-other-tackles-en-route-to-75-yard-TD-1.jpg

Comment

This goes against my grain so to speak, but if Minshew had another game or two like yesterday, I might consider. However Hurts might not miss another one. Then again, I have had my fill of "sort of ok QBs". Still want to line up a quality vet.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                This goes against my grain so to speak, but if Minshew had another game or two like yesterday, I might consider. However Hurts might not miss another one. Then again, I have had my fill of "sort of ok QBs". Still want to line up a quality vet.
                His NFL stats are not that awful. However, we need to draft our next guy ASAP.

https://www.nfl.com/players/gardner-minshew/stats/

39 TDs / 11 INT.s 94 Rating
                skeeter01
                All-Pro
                Last edited by skeeter01; 12-06-2021, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

His NFL stats are not that awful. However, we need to draft our next guy ASAP.

https://www.nfl.com/players/gardner-minshew/stats/

39 TDs / 11 INT.s 94 Rating
                  I was down a QB yesterday in fantasy, so I took a gamble on him. I watched part of that game and he was quite good. A little rust, but still a good overall performance.

I guess I do not see him as a top 10, even 15 guy, so it is hard for me to want him as our future starter.

Comment

This is so damn bad. We will take anything just anything. Now a qb have one or a couple of good games he's worth Denver to look at. Give me a couple of examples when someone was a starter, then benched, then went on to another team and was successful for 5+ years. I'll wait.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                      This is so damn bad. We will take anything just anything. Now a qb have one or a couple of good games he's worth Denver to look at. Give me a couple of examples when someone was a starter, then benched, then went on to another team and was successful for 5+ years. I'll wait.
                      I just stated his stats are not awful. And they aren't. I did state that I want to draft our next QB next year....don't care who it is, I'll get behind the pick.

Comment

I wouldn't worry, man. Philadelphia is going to figure out he's better than Jalen Hurts eventually.

To answer the question though, Kurt Warner and Brett Favre couldn't even see the field with their original teams. Warner got cut. Not saying Minshew is either of those guys. He's not. I do think he's better than you, and many evaluators, amateur or otherwise, think though.

You and I have already been through this with Minshew though. We agree to disagree on this one.
                        Spice 1
                        Football Immortal
                        Last edited by Spice 1; 12-08-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

So..Russell Wilson??? I guess we are in his top 3 trade destination. I'm down.

Report: QB Russell Wilson Will Waive No-Trade Clause for Broncos (msn.com)
                          Last edited by Gbt31; 12-08-2021, 03:47 PM.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Craig Morton
                            Steve Young

Even though I answered your question directly, please keep waiting.

Comment

Also Rich Gannon. Granted it was only 4 successful years, but a Superbowl appearance and an MVP....I don't think this argument is going the way you wanted it
                              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Technically Drew Brees got benched for Doug Flutie in 03...causing the Chargers to draft his replacement and had some pretty solid success for 5+ years with the Saints. Not the exact parameters of your argument, but definitely doesn't help your case.
                                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Working...
                                X