Clear All

• Which would you rather choose?

Which would you rather choose from the following:

1) kenny pickett/malik willis
    2) brandon smith

or

1)devin lloyd
    2) carson strong

this is providing good health for every one involved (looking at you carson's knees)

devin looks to be unrivaled when it comes to football iq and can do everything at LB. Brandon smith looks good too.

current draft position means that steelers may pick pickett (pun?) Before we can. Of course that can change

thoughts
    Glen Haven Fire

if Pickett, Willis or Corral is there i am picking them.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      What looked like a slow qb market looks like its heating up...

rumor has it that the giants will be firing gettleman after this year and they will be looking at qbs. Eagles, lions, washington, pittsburgh...possibly more could be looking for qbs.

Theres been some talk of denver looking at ridder...whats the knock on him? I have not watched him play...

if its willis then he will be a lot like lance and need a year or two of marinating...(dont get me wrong id prefer that as i want them developed properly)
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I'd rather take Lloyd in the first. Add him to our linebacker position and now we're talking.

Not a fan of Strong. He's a statue, hasn't played against great competition and he's already had a knee injury but I'd rather take a chance on him in the second than pass up on an impact player like Lloyd for one of these quarterbacks in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          Which would you rather choose from the following:

1) kenny pickett/malik willis
          2) brandon smith

or

1)devin lloyd
          2) carson strong

this is providing good health for every one involved (looking at you carson's knees)

devin looks to be unrivaled when it comes to football iq and can do everything at LB. Brandon smith looks good too.

current draft position means that steelers may pick pickett (pun?) Before we can. Of course that can change

thoughts
          I like choice A myself.....I'm a big PSU fan so I am big on Smith. He has played Mike, Will and Sam and plays with great speed. He could be an incredible addition to our group.

Comment

I just can't get on board with Willis. If he fell to our 2nd rounder, sure. But not with our first. Pickett and Corral are the only two QBs that should go in the first for this weak QB class.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Kenny Pickett
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I dont think carson strong will be there in the 2nd either. Willis....im not sure maybe ridder in the 2nd

i think i may have to choose lloyd at this point based on 2 factors. His football iq and his leadership qualities. Ive been doing a few mocks and if i dont pick lloyd in the first the next best i come up with is muma (which id love to get both).

we are thin at lb, cb, defensive/offensive tackle as well as edge in addition to qb next year. Ive done a few of pfn's mock draft simulators and feel like i can get almost all all of those filled with quality talent IF we dont trade these picks away. I will be very curious to see what paton does...
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                  I just can't get on board with Willis. If he fell to our 2nd rounder, sure. But not with our first. Pickett and Corral are the only two QBs that should go in the first for this weak QB class.
                  i disagree Willis is my favorite QB in this class and i bet he ends up being hte best.

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

What looked like a slow qb market looks like its heating up...

rumor has it that the giants will be firing gettleman after this year and they will be looking at qbs. Eagles, lions, washington, pittsburgh...possibly more could be looking for qbs.

Theres been some talk of denver looking at ridder...whats the knock on him? I have not watched him play...

if its willis then he will be a lot like lance and need a year or two of marinating...(dont get me wrong id prefer that as i want them developed properly)
                  i really don't like Ridder. he is all talent and little skill his footwork ball placement and throwing in general is a complete work in progress but he is big fast with a good arm. at best i would liken him to a poor mans josh allen

sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

Lloyd looks pretty good tonight...
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

So did Pickett. A couple high snaps really screwed him tonight from the C. I'm really liking the kid though. I think he solidified himself as QB2 in this class behind Corral. But if I'm going any direction with two second round picks this year and it being a weak QB class.....I'm targeting Devin Lloyd with our 1st. Guy is a beast. I think his combine might limit him from being a Top 10 pick, but from production standpoint, him and Baron Browning could be our future duo at MLB and solidify our D.
                      New England Patriots GM

Comment

I agree ...im still not to high on Pickett yet
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

i disagree Willis is my favorite QB in this class and i bet he ends up being hte best.

i really don't like Ridder. he is all talent and little skill his footwork ball placement and throwing in general is a complete work in progress but he is big fast with a good arm. at best i would liken him to a poor mans josh allen

Again we agree. People just look at wins and losses and end game stats. Willis has:
                          zero oline: gave up 9 sacks in one game
                          zero run game
                          And ok wrs.

He is literally a one man show....so to stay competitive he has to take chances and yes some bite him in the but.

So how I Judge it is. If Willis was on Pitts, ole miss, Virginia, I'm sure their record would be the exact same or pretty much close. However you put those 3 qbs on liberty I highly doubt they would have them at the same record as Willis.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

i would also say i feel more fine with Young Browning and Johnson taking we keep 1 f Young or Johnson. then i do with Lock or Bridgewater. either way i feel like we need a QB either way to really be competitive cause neither Lock or Bridgewater is the answer.
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm

Comment

sat. night Pickett once again looked good.nice wheels very nice arm.stood in the pocket and fired some strikes, very accurate.most likely will not be available when Broncos pick.if he is I'd be tempted.i could see hime tossing TD's to our wideouts.not jerry he drops a lot of passes.
                              I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Working...
                              X