Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I agree ...im still not to high on Pickett yet
    Hand size is the biggest drawback with Pickett for me. His older age is something I can live with, but his hands are going to be among the smallest in the NFL for QBs.

Everything else, though… he’s up there with Corral and Willis for me. Best case scenario would be that one of them falls to us without trading up at all, just like… last year.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
      Hand size is the biggest drawback with Pickett for me. His older age is something I can live with, but his hands are going to be among the smallest in the NFL for QBs.

Everything else, though… he’s up there with Corral and Willis for me. Best case scenario would be that one of them falls to us without trading up at all, just like… last year.
      I got ya...for me it's the "out of nowhere" it never really works...everyone is gonna say Joe Burrow...I get it but he sliced through the toughest conference in college football like butter. That is not an easy thing to do.

Before the season started no one was talking about him. But you will have that one person in the back saying "oh I knew about him before the season started." Just not high on him. it just proves my point most people on here don't watch and study qbs because you go look at the start of this thread no was talking. About him....now he is being talked about on espn, network on radio...now I'm seeing people post...we should get Pickett...its very laughable.

I'm not saying he won't be good , I'm just not on the bandwagon.
      My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

We got 2 2s, and 2 3's.......If we see someone we like....why wait, go get him !!!
        Last edited by skeeter01; 12-06-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

I got ya...for me it's the "out of nowhere" it never really works...everyone is gonna say Joe Burrow...I get it but he sliced through the toughest conference in college football like butter. That is not an easy thing to do.

Before the season started no one was talking about him. But you will have that one person in the back saying "oh I knew about him before the season started." Just not high on him. it just proves my point most people on here don't watch and study qbs because you go look at the start of this thread no was talking. About him....now he is being talked about on espn, network on radio...now I'm seeing people post...we should get Pickett...its very laughable.

You get that every year though and it goes both ways. Guys really hyped up at the beginning of there get lost in the milky way. Rattler is one name that comes to mind. Id rather not focus on who the media is hyping and look at their intangibles and body of work.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

You get that every year though and it goes both ways. Guys really hyped up at the beginning of there get lost in the milky way. Rattler is one name that comes to mind. Id rather not focus on who the media is hyping and look at their intangibles and body of work.
            I agree...but if you go to the 1st page of this thread you will see what I said about rattler....was never on his train...Mel kiper at the start of the season had him #1 and said that Oklahoma was gonna beat Alabama in the championship game....

Flash foward...rattler was benched for a true freshman and Oklahoma didn't even make the top let alone make it to the playoffs.
            My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

I agree...but if you go to the 1st page of this thread you will see what I said about rattler....was never on his train...Mel kiper at the start of the season had him #1 and said that Oklahoma was gonna beat Alabama in the championship game....

Flash foward...rattler was benched for a true freshman and Oklahoma didn't even make the top let alone make it to the playoffs.
              I think your talking about the other qb thread (easy to get confused as there are a couple. I just started this one last week
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I think your talking about the other qb thread (easy to get confused as there are a couple. I just started this one last week
                Lmao yea that's true. I mean the one I started when I gave a breakdown of like the top 6 college qbs.

Comment

I mean as it stand right now houston and atlanta could both be taking qbs before the broncos pick. A dark horse to pick qb is philly.

corral and pickett have been mocked to both. If strongs knees check out, ive seen him mocked high as well
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I agree with you on Burrow. For me, it was simple:

If you watched LSU for over the last 10 years, they always had talent on offense and defense but they were a middling team in the SEC and they couldn't beat Alabama (lost from 2012-2018).

Burrow shows up, they dominate college football, beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa, set all kinds of records, and win the national championship. Burrow leaves for the NFL, and LSU is back to a middling team and their coach is gone. That's how I knew Burrow was the exception to the "out of nowhere " quarterback prospect.

Comment

Just did a 2 round mock on PFF.

Traded 17 for 21 and 85
                      21 - Devin Lloyd
                      Traded 44, 76, and 117 for 26
                      26 - Malik Willis
                      49 - Nik Bonitto

Pickett was gone at 17. Almost took David Ojabo. Debated between a Tackle, Kyler Gordon, or Bonitto. I feel like Edge is a huge need for us. Reason I went with Lloyd over Ojabo has to do with getting assets and taking the BPA.

In reference to the OP, I'd be fine with Lloyd or Ojabo early, and then see what happens at QB in the 20's. I'm really good on all the guys after Willis, and we have the assets to trade back up.

Comment

I did one on pfn

detroit wanted to trade

detroit gets: 14,79
                        broncos get: 24, 33

draft:
                        24- devin lloyd lb utah
                        33- kenny pickett qb pitt
                        48 - sean rhyan ot ucla
                        56 - kyler gordon cb washington
                        88 - arnold ebetikie de psu
                        116 - nick broeker ot - auburn
                        158 jerrion ealy rb miss

in no way shape or form will this happen lol
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I did one on pfn

detroit wanted to trade

draft:
                          24- devin lloyd lb utah
                          48 - sean rhyan ot ucla
                          158 jerrion ealy rb miss

I don't know if LB early is going to be in the cards this year. I think you've already covered the two best fits in the OP. Those guys are going to be expensive. The rest of the LBs, I dunno. Maybe Harris. I think they'll go Edge before LB. Last year's edge class was nuts in hindsight, but this year doesn't appear to be bad at all. Beyond that, there are quite a few corners who look promising. I think they should target a tackle first, and then see what falls at corner.

Quarterback could wind up being tricky when you look at the teams picking ahead of us right now.

Comment

I did one on pfn

detroit wanted to trade

draft:
                            24- devin lloyd lb utah
                            48 - sean rhyan ot ucla
                            158 jerrion ealy rb miss

that would be a great draft but in the end i feel Devin Lloyd and Kenny Pickett both end uip in the top 15
                            sigpic
                            oakland raders gm
                            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I don't know if LB early is going to be in the cards this year. I think you've already covered the two best fits in the OP. Those guys are going to be expensive. The rest of the LBs, I dunno. Maybe Harris. I think they'll go Edge before LB. Last year's edge class was nuts in hindsight, but this year doesn't appear to be bad at all. Beyond that, there are quite a few corners who look promising. I think they should target a tackle first, and then see what falls at corner.

Quarterback could wind up being tricky when you look at the teams picking ahead of us right now.
                              Theres only a few lbs that i would take early:
                              lloyd who i think would be very worthy of a first round pick. Harris from psu and muma from wyoming. These guys can do everything

Offensive tackles can be had a little later too. Every one of these guys is not only big but very athletic too On my list:

rhyan
                              faalele
                              broeker
                              smith

cb there are a few but drops off quickly. Remember we only have 3 on contract after this i believe. On my list:
                              mcready
                              gordon
                              prichett

There is a ton of edge and dt talent in this draft.

i dont think gordon is worth the price tag and there are a few rbs in this draft that are similar to williams.

one guy i would like is ricky stromberg. I think we could use an upgrade at center and this guy seems like a mauler.

at this point qb is very much a wild card. With the teams in front of us needing/wanting a qb i doubt the gut we like will be there

Kyo - its looking like pickett will go early. Lloyd could definitely still be there.

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Theres only a few lbs that i would take early:
                                lloyd who i think would be very worthy of a first round pick. Harris from psu and muma from wyoming. These guys can do everything

Offensive tackles can be had a little later too. Every one of these guys is not only big but very athletic too On my list:

rhyan
                                faalele
                                broeker
                                smith

cb there are a few but drops off quickly. Remember we only have 3 on contract after this i believe. On my list:
                                mcready
                                gordon
                                prichett

There is a ton of edge and dt talent in this draft.

i dont think gordon is worth the price tag and there are a few rbs in this draft that are similar to williams.

one guy i would like is ricky stromberg. I think we could use an upgrade at center and this guy seems like a mauler.

at this point qb is very much a wild card. With the teams in front of us needing/wanting a qb i doubt the gut we like will be there

Kyo - its looking like pickett will go early. Lloyd could definitely still be there.
                                i would take either in the top 10 but thats just me. Lloyd will gain more hype once the offseason hits and his meaurables re known.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X