Russell Wilson To Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Wilson To Denver?

I would 100% down in getting Russ into Denver WOW that would be a Game Changer :

Report: Russell Wilson Willing to Waive No-Trade Clause for Three Teams

The seven-time Pro Bowler's time in Seattle could come to an end this offseason.
    James Rapien
    Seahawks star quarterback Russell Wilson's time in Seattle could be coming to an end.
    The seven-time Pro Bowler is willing to waive his no-trade clause for three teams according to Jordan Schultz.
    "The Denver Broncos, the New York Giants and the New Orleans Saints," Schultz said.

Would be amazing....I'm all in on this, lets do it!!!
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

I think it is another made up news story but Wilson is one of the few Qbs talked about I would be ok with the ridiculous trade offers they talk about.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

Even though I prefer Wilson over that guy, I have to wonder why Denver is on his short list.

If Pat Shurmur is the reason, no thanks.

Whether Wilson likes it or not, the SeaChicks have always been at their best relying on defense and a balanced offense. If he thinks Denver is the place because Shurmur likes to abandon the run, then I don’t know how happy I would be about keeping this coaching staff.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
          Even though I prefer Wilson over that guy, I have to wonder why Denver is on his short list.

If Pat Shurmur is the reason, no thanks.

Whether Wilson likes it or not, the SeaChicks have always been at their best relying on defense and a balanced offense. If he thinks Denver is the place because Shurmur likes to abandon the run, then I don’t know how happy I would be about keeping this coaching staff.
          It could be that our skill positions on offense are one of the best in the league. I'd prefer a new qb only if we got rid of shurmur (and McMahon / Fangio) and had a new owner.
          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
          sigpic

Comment

Just like in the offseason, I am good with this. Gives us instant improvement from a winner. I am a bit surprised he has us on his short list, but if so, that's very encouraging! I sense he is a bit like Brady was (before Tampa), looking worn a bit, but looking for refreshment. And I agree with Housh that young, talented weapons with a reasonably good Oline are seriously positive things for a QB to consider.

I can understand NY or even LA (only if there was an opening there), because it may suit his family to be in key markets. But if he likes the West Coast, Denver is not a long trip away, though close to 2 hours.

Unless a deal is overly one sided in terms of draft cap/players....

COUNT ME IN!!

Last edited by CanDB; 12-09-2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

I can get down with this....a little older than I would like but I can dig it.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Just like in the offseason, I am good with this. Gives us instant improvement from a winner. I am a bit surprised he has us on his short list, but if so, that's very encouraging! I sense he is a bit like Brady was (before Tampa), looking worn a bit, but looking for refreshment. And I agree with Housh that young, talented weapons with a reasonably good Oline are seriously positive things for a QB to consider.

I can understand NY or even LA (only if there was an opening there), because it may suit his family to be in key markets. But if he likes the West Coast, Denver is not a long trip away, though close to 2 hours.

Unless a deal is overly one sided in terms of draft cap/players....

COUNT ME IN!!

This is what I'm afraid of. SEA will ask for 1st round picks this year, next year and even the year after that, if Denver has any. I think it will cost too much.

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post

This is what I'm afraid of. SEA will ask for 1st round picks this year, next year and even the year after that, if Denver has any. I think it will cost too much.
                  Definitely a factor, if we get close to negotiations. I have to review value charts to try to come up with a good deal again, like we were doing last offseason, with him, Rodgers and Watson (earlier on). I always think there's added value that goes unnoticed in such evaluations, given that a Wilson or a Rodgers make Denver a more attractive landing spot for Free Agents. It's one thing to like a player, but a FA does not have to choose you. Manning had that effect when we signed him. Brady has had followers.

Comment

Do it.

All of the best Broncos QBs in history were drafted by another team:
                    1. Elway (Colts)
                    2. Manning (Colts)
                    3. Morton (Cowboys)
                    4. Plummer (Cardinals)
                    5. Tripucka (Eagles, then CFL)

The history of the Broncos drafting QBs has been 61 years of utter failure. Just trade for one that we know doesn't suck and try to squeeze another SB out of him before he's washed like Manning.
                    Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

I like this part of what was said in terms of what Russ would be working with in Denver:

The Broncos may be the best of the options that Schultz mentioned. They are currently 6-6 and have a loaded roster; they just happen to be weak at the quarterback spot.

Teddy Bridgewater has been fine for the Broncos, but he hasn't made enough explosive plays to win some of their close losses this season. Drew Lock doesn't look like anything more than a career backup at this point either. So, adding a quality quarterback to distribute the ball to their weapons would go a long way toward helping Denver.

Adding Wilson would give the Broncos a legitimate threat at the quarterback position and would take their excellent receiving corps of Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Tim Patrick, KJ Hamler, Noah Fant and Albert Okwuegbunam to the next level. The Broncos would have one of the AFC's better offenses if they acquire Wilson and could focus on adding talent at their other weakness, linebacker, with their other resources.

Comment

I would love to get Wilson but the fact that the Giants have 2 first round picks and the reports that Wilson would probably prefer the New York area, I think that'll be our biggest competition. But the Broncos being in the AFC and Seattle probably preferring to not trade him to an NFC team is a notch in our favor.

Comment

I would be down with a trade for Wilson this offseason. Though I have to admit, his play the last year and half has me worried. But his career resume speaks for itself and would be a welcome addition to Denver.
                          2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

He's the one I keep saying is realistic for Denver. Not Rodgers or anyone else. He makes sense.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                              I would love to get Wilson but the fact that the Giants have 2 first round picks and the reports that Wilson would probably prefer the New York area, I think that'll be our biggest competition. But the Broncos being in the AFC and Seattle probably preferring to not trade him to an NFC team is a notch in our favor.
                              I see the Giants as the biggest hurdle. They start with two #1s this year, I think the picks are 9 and 10 as of now. They also have Daniel Jones, not a lot of value but more than we can offer. The Giants can, and probably should, offer another 1 next year and a couple more picks. We do have a slight edge being in the AFC, but we'll probably have to match the value of the Giants' next 3 first round picks plus more. Our next 3 1s probably don't equal theirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X