Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russell Wilson To Denver?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Even though I prefer Wilson over that guy, I have to wonder why Denver is on his short list.

    If Pat Shurmur is the reason, no thanks.

    Whether Wilson likes it or not, the SeaChicks have always been at their best relying on defense and a balanced offense. If he thinks Denver is the place because Shurmur likes to abandon the run, then I don’t know how happy I would be about keeping this coaching staff.
    Shurmur?! Relax,he’s fired just hasn’t been told yet. Fangio & co. Gone at seasons end. Either way, no QB worth losing 2 or 3 1st round picks.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Locutus View Post

      Shurmur?! Relax,he’s fired just hasn’t been told yet. Fangio & co. Gone at seasons end. Either way, no QB worth losing 2 or 3 1st round picks.
      A franchise quarterback is definitely worth a couple first round picks.

      Surtain, Jeudy, Fant, Chubb, Bolles, etc.....all good first round players but we're still a .500 team. Why? No quarterback.

      Comment


      • #18
        More Russell Wilson trade talk out of Seattle expected this offseason (nfl.com)

        I posted this because since this thread was started, there was some noise that this rumour was not true. But for Rap to continue the story as he did tells me there is real life to the story. And just like last offseason, I was energized with the possibilities of a high level talent starting in Denver.

        Get it done Paton.....and if not, there's at least one more out there that would look great in Orange and Blue!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          More Russell Wilson trade talk out of Seattle expected this offseason (nfl.com)

          I posted this because since this thread was started, there was some noise that this rumour was not true. But for Rap to continue the story as he did tells me there is real life to the story. And just like last offseason, I was energized with the possibilities of a high level talent starting in Denver.

          Get it done Paton.....and if not, there's at least one more out there that would look great in Orange and Blue!
          Pass. We be in the same boat with the Rams, no draft picks and no guarantees on getting to SB.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sra84 View Post

            A franchise quarterback is definitely worth a couple first round picks.

            Surtain, Jeudy, Fant, Chubb, Bolles, etc.....all good first round players but we're still a .500 team. Why? No quarterback.
            Better to use those picks to move up in the draft and get that kid out of Pitt. Kenny Pickett. It’s gonna take more than 2 1st to get Wilson. Wilson is a lot of flash but that’s it. Is he good enough to elevate or hide a teams flaws like Payton Manning did for the Colts? If not, then he ain’t worth it.
            it’s going to take 3 first and a Jerry Jeudy and more. We’ll also be on the hook for a $40M+ a year contract extension.
            Last edited by Locutus; 12-12-2021, 01:43 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Locutus View Post

              Better to use those picks to move up in the draft and get that kid out of Pitt. Kenny Pickett. It’s gonna take more than 2 1st to get Wilson. Wilson is a lot of flash but that’s it. Is he good enough to elevate or hide a teams flaws like Payton Manning did for the Colts? If not, then he ain’t worth it.
              it’s going to take 3 first and a Jerry Jeudy and more. We’ll also be on the hook for a $40M+ a year contract extension.
              No way would I trade up for any of these prospects especially Pickett. He's a one year wonder. He's not worth giving up picks to go get. He's so overrated.

              At the end of the day I don't think we'll get Wilson any way. But Wilson would make this offense so much better.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by sra84 View Post

                No way would I trade up for any of these prospects especially Pickett. He's a one year wonder. He's not worth giving up picks to go get. He's so overrated.

                At the end of the day I don't think we'll get Wilson any way. But Wilson would make this offense so much better.
                Would he? He isn’t doing much for Seattles offense.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                  Would he? He isn’t doing much for Seattles offense.
                  Yeah, he would. He's still a game changer at quarterback.

                  And he's way better than any quarterback we'd get in the draft.

                  He makes up so much for Seattle's bad offensive line and their non-existent running game this year.

                  The drop off from him to Geno Smith while he was out highlights how much he carries that offense.
                  Last edited by sra84; 12-12-2021, 02:48 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by sra84 View Post

                    Yeah, he would. He's still a game changer at quarterback.

                    And he's way better than any quarterback we'd get in the draft.
                    I compare to the Brady situation. The last few years in NE, he was not producing at a high level. Again, I use fantasy to assess at times, and Brady was hardly ever worth starting in those latter years. But he moves to a more productive O, and look at him now! He is totally refreshed and renewed in that system.

                    Same could happen to Russ, here!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                      I compare to the Brady situation. The last few years in NE, he was not producing at a high level. Again, I use fantasy to assess at times, and Brady was hardly ever worth starting in those latter years. But he moves to a more productive O, and look at him now! He is totally refreshed and renewed in that system.

                      Same could happen to Russ, here!
                      Agreed.

                      He'd maximize the potential of our receivers and tight ends. Throw in our version of Beast Mode in Javonte....now we're talking about contending with the Chiefs for division supremacy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                        I compare to the Brady situation. The last few years in NE, he was not producing at a high level. Again, I use fantasy to assess at times, and Brady was hardly ever worth starting in those latter years. But he moves to a more productive O, and look at him now! He is totally refreshed and renewed in that system.

                        Same could happen to Russ, here!
                        https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-with-patriots

                        hes running the same offense with Bucs that he ran wit the patriots. He just has weapons to throw to. Wilson has weapons in Lockett and Metcalf. I’m not saying Wilson isn’t better than what we have but Denver would have to give up more than they can really afford to get him.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I would be good with this.
                          I think He still has some good football left in him?
                          We could get probably 5 good years out of him?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Locutus View Post

                            Would he? He isn’t doing much for Seattles offense.
                            Russ is now that he is healthy !!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think Chubb should be in package we offer to Seattle. Try and keep Jeudy. Chubb just hasn't been what we thought he would be.
                              New England Patriots GM

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
                                I think Chubb should be in package we offer to Seattle. Try and keep Jeudy. Chubb just hasn't been what we thought he would be.
                                Would they even want him though? Would have to imagine theyd want juedy or fant over chubb at this point...
                                Glen Haven Fire

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X