Draft Carson Strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Carson Strong

I also hope that Denver draft's Carson Strong. Carson is in the mold of a Justin Herbert. A Real Cannon of an Arm and Accuracy to Boot Check Out his STATS.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I also hope that Denver draft's Carson Strong. Carson is in the mold of a Justin Herbert. A Real Cannon of an Arm and Accuracy to Boot Check Out his STATS.
    From the pocket, I can see it. He's good pre-snap, and good at getting the ball out. Good arm, anticipation, and accuracy. You need those things to beat the blitz from the pocket, and that's the only way he's doing it.

Check out Pickett against pressure and against the blitz though. He looks more like Herbert getting out and throwing outside the pocket. He even fades to his right and delivers vertical throws with good touch like Herbert does. I get it, though. I'm starting to think I'd rather take Strong in the 2nd than Corral or Willis in the 1st. The only guy I'm close to being sold on in this draft though is Pickett. There are still some things that make me wonder, but he's the only QB I really feel good about in this draft.

If we don't draft Pickett, I'm sort of hoping we can trade for one of the vets. I do think Strong would be worth a 2nd round pick though. It's not like he played in a training wheel offense or anything. He's more of a field general than most of the other guys, and that's crucial for a QB like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

From the pocket, I can see it. He's good pre-snap, and good at getting the ball out. Good arm, anticipation, and accuracy. You need those things to beat the blitz from the pocket, and that's the only way he's doing it.

Check out Pickett against pressure and against the blitz though. He looks more like Herbert getting out and throwing outside the pocket. He even fades to his right and delivers vertical throws with good touch like Herbert does. I get it, though. I'm starting to think I'd rather take Strong in the 2nd than Corral or Willis in the 1st. The only guy I'm close to being sold on in this draft though is Pickett. There are still some things that make me wonder, but he's the only QB I really feel good about in this draft.

If we don't draft Pickett, I'm sort of hoping we can trade for one of the vets. I do think Strong would be worth a 2nd round pick though. It's not like he played in a training wheel offense or anything. He's more of a field general than most of the other guys, and that's crucial for a QB like him.
      I watched him play in person and he has all tangibles that you need from a Pocket Passing QB . Here is just some of his stats just from this year: In 12 games this season, Strong completed 70% of his passes for 4,186 yards with 36 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Here a few more stats:
      Plus he has won Strong won the Mountain West Conference Offensive Player of the Year award in both 2020 and 2021,
      And this stands out: As far as his pro prospects go, Carson Strong enters the draft class with probably the biggest, most powerful arm among draft-eligible quarterbacks. A prototypical pocket passer, Strong stands at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds and has no issues uncorking a 60-yard bomb downfield. Strong maneuvers within the pocket well, and has displayed an above-average level of awareness when it comes to avoiding sacks.

Very Interesting !!
      Nevada MWC FR QB 1 0 0 0 0 0
      Nevada MWC FR QB 10 237 374 63.4 2335 6.2 6.0 11 7 121.8
      Nevada MWC SO QB 9 249 355 70.1 2858 8.1 9.1 27 4 160.6
      Nevada MWC JR QB 12 367 523 70.2 4186 8.0 8.7 36 8 157.1
      Nevada 853 1252 68.1 9379 7.5 8.0 74 19 147.5

Comment

I watched him play in person and he has all tangibles that you need from a Pocket Passing QB . Here is just some of his stats just from this year: In 12 games this season, Strong completed 70% of his passes for 4,186 yards with 36 touchdowns and eight interceptions. Here a few more stats:
        Plus he has won Strong won the Mountain West Conference Offensive Player of the Year award in both 2020 and 2021,
        And this stands out: As far as his pro prospects go, Carson Strong enters the draft class with probably the biggest, most powerful arm among draft-eligible quarterbacks. A prototypical pocket passer, Strong stands at 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds and has no issues uncorking a 60-yard bomb downfield. Strong maneuvers within the pocket well, and has displayed an above-average level of awareness when it comes to avoiding sacks.

Very Interesting !!
        Nevada MWC FR QB 1 0 0 0 0 0
        Nevada MWC FR QB 10 237 374 63.4 2335 6.2 6.0 11 7 121.8
        Nevada MWC SO QB 9 249 355 70.1 2858 8.1 9.1 27 4 160.6
        Nevada MWC JR QB 12 367 523 70.2 4186 8.0 8.7 36 8 157.1
        Nevada 853 1252 68.1 9379 7.5 8.0 74 19 147.5
        He does have some short area mobility, and I won't argue pocket awareness. You have to do some projecting there. There will be more of a reliance on his ability to negotiate the pocket and make reads post-snap. I have seen him make bad throws when pressured, and a lot of the sacks I've seen him avoid are plays I wouldn't expect him to make at the NFL level. I've seen him throw it well on the move, but you're not going to be relying on improvisation or off-script plays with him, Idt. I think he has to be kept clean. Not that he can't make plays outside the box, because he has the arm to do it. So to me it's a matter of wanting a pure pocket passer who can make all the throws while relying on the mental game, or do you want to pay up for a high talent, dynamic guy with a lot of question marks like Corral earlier? A lot of teams will gamble on talent since this is an inexact science with psychological, team talent, injury, and coaching variables. I think last year's draft was a big indicator on how teams view talent at the QB position.

Comment

Another thing I'm noticing with Strong is he's a little inconsistent, especially throwing from right to left, and that's probably something teams will see as fixable. It's a thing though.

Comment

I wish we will let qbs be qbs. Every qb looks like Hebert now. Pickett and carson....honestly neither of them are as good as him.

Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              I wish we will let qbs be qbs. Every qb looks like Hebert now. Pickett and carson....honestly neither of them are as good as him.
              I respect your point of view however living in Reno I do hope that Denver gets Jimmy G then Draft Carson Strong so he can learn under Jimmy G. That is my wish.

Comment

Pickett may not be, but he's a lot closer to it than Strong is, IMO. It's not the comp I would immediately go to for Strong. If you were to offer Drew Bledsoe as the best case upside comp, I think that'd be a little closer to the type of QB he is.

Maybe I'm the only person who sees the comp between Pickett and Herbert. I think that's a damn shame if I'm the only person who sees it, but you know. Just my opinion. The only reason I threw it out there in the first place is that's who he immediately reminded me of watching him.

It's only natural to draw on other quarterbacks when you watch the college guys, though. I've heard people compare Howell to both Brees and Mayfield. I've heard Willis compared to Mike Vick (which is preposterous, IMO). That's not a dig at Willis, btw. He's just not like Mike Vick is all I'm saying.

Comment

I respect your point of view however living in Reno I do hope that Denver gets Jimmy G then Draft Carson Strong so he can learn under Jimmy G. That is my wish.
                  I gotcha...

I personally don't want any qb that can't run....he dies have to run a 4.4 or be lamar.... Carson is almost a zero threat to run. Plus while watching him I'm saying the same thing I said about wilson...he has all day to throw the ball...played vs some terrible defenses....but we all like what we like. We will see how it plays out. Denver never drafts who I want anyway lol.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Pickett may not be, but he's a lot closer to it than Strong is, IMO. It's not the comp I would immediately go to for Strong. If you were to offer Drew Bledsoe as the best case upside comp, I think that'd be a little closer to the type of QB he is.

Maybe I'm the only person who sees the comp between Pickett and Herbert. I think that's a damn shame if I'm the only person who sees it, but you know. Just my opinion. The only reason I threw it out there in the first place is that's who he immediately reminded me of watching him.

It's only natural to draw on other quarterbacks when you watch the college guys, though. I've heard people compare Howell to both Brees and Mayfield. I've heard Willis compared to Mike Vick (which is preposterous, IMO). That's not a dig at Willis, btw. He's just not like Mike Vick is all I'm saying.
                    Pickett as far as size, and running "a little" yes. He may be a very good NFL qbs....but I'm never a fan out out the blue wonders outside of "Joe Burrow which is an exception".....maybe he proves me wrong ion know.

Comment

Really good conversations Thank You all !!

Comment

Pickett as far as size, and running "a little" yes. He may be a very good NFL qbs....but I'm never a fan out out the blue wonders outside of "Joe Burrow which is an exception".....maybe he proves me wrong ion know.
                        I think Mark Whipple had a lot to do with Pickett's sudden development, myself.

Comment

If i am being honest with you. I really like the "good" Johnny Manziel comparison for Pickett.

Also i question if strong will be able to look as mobile the games i saw of him he didnt look amazing. But he has the tools. I am not sold we will find our franchise qb in thr second round. If he was great he would end up in the first
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                            If i am being honest with you. I really like the "good" Johnny Manziel comparison for Pickett.

Also i question if strong will be able to look as mobile the games i saw of him he didnt look amazing. But he has the tools. I am not sold we will find our franchise qb in thr second round. If he was great he would end up in the first

Carson Strong will go in the 1st Round.

Comment

Carson Strong will go in the 1st Round.
                              I dont think you can say tha for sure. He would be at best my fifth qb ajd i am not sold on Ridder at all but i know i have Willis Pickett Corrall and Ridder over strong. I think i have Howell over him also and this is a weak class. So i feel him in the first is a massive reach. Honestly if any qb not named those first 3 goes in the first it is a massive reach
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                              X