Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Carson Strong

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    If i am being honest with you. I really like the "good" Johnny Manziel comparison for Pickett.

    Also i question if strong will be able to look as mobile the games i saw of him he didnt look amazing. But he has the tools. I am not sold we will find our franchise qb in thr second round. If he was great he would end up in the first
    That was my comp for Zach Wilson last year. Not a perfect comparison, but multiple similarities.

    The thing about Strong's mobility is also how bad his knee currently is, and will it improve or continue being an issue. There's Osteoarthritis concern. He was more mobile last season. More inconsistent than he is now, but he moved a lot better. Also, at times this year it seemed like he was just glued to the pocket. Locked in on scanning the field and would just eat sacks when it wasn't there. Last year seemed like he was more willing to get out of the pocket.

    Strong is pretty good at throwing contested balls. He's good at making back shoulder throws on vertical routes and does it a lot. Occasionally, you'll see a Paxton Lynch throw underneath. You don't see too much of that from Pickett. Pickett is more consistent and makes pinpoint throws all over the field. Additionally, he drops absolute dimes and threads the needle rolling to his right like Herbert does.

    Comment


    • #17
      I don't care who we take....Just want to draft one. Look, if we take Willis, I'm all in, he would be really exciting and I am definatly looking to be entertained by our QB. If we take Strong, the complete opposite of Willis, then I'm all in. Big, strong, mentally capable of reading defenses.....yes please, I'll take that. Our wide receivers would like that. Please, lets just draft one. { or two if need be }

      Comment


      • #18
        Just saw this so i thought id throw it out there:

        Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy tweeted this last week about Strong, who officially declared for the NFL: "Plenty speculation on here about status of ... Strong's knee. He had surgery Feb. 21 and rushed back to play this fall despite normal 10-month recovery time. Recently saw an NFL team doc who told him there was zero cause for long-term concern after clean MRI." If that proves to be the case with team docs for QB-needy teams, Strong will be a first-round pick, and could go much higher than this.
        Glen Haven Fire

        Comment


        • #19
          Just a simple question.... what pocket?
          we don't have the oline to draft a pocket passer.. we need a scrambling, improvizing QB... we need Matt Corral

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
            Just a simple question.... what pocket?
            we don't have the oline to draft a pocket passer.. we need a scrambling, improvizing QB... we need Matt Corral
            Thats what happens when your oc constantly wants to run 3 wide.
            Glen Haven Fire

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              Just saw this so i thought id throw it out there:

              Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy tweeted this last week about Strong, who officially declared for the NFL: "Plenty speculation on here about status of ... Strong's knee. He had surgery Feb. 21 and rushed back to play this fall despite normal 10-month recovery time. Recently saw an NFL team doc who told him there was zero cause for long-term concern after clean MRI." If that proves to be the case with team docs for QB-needy teams, Strong will be a first-round pick, and could go much higher than this.

              I say Top 15

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post


                I say Top 15
                Wow!! Top 15? How many QBs do you think go that high? 5 or 6? than last year?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by myoung View Post

                  Wow!! Top 15? How many QBs do you think go that high? 5 or 6? than last year?
                  I really do think that there might be only 4 or 5 to go in the 1st round and be assured Carson Strong and his Cannon of an Arm and his Accuracy will be placed in the Top 15. Just my thought on it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

                    I really do think that there might be only 4 or 5 to go in the 1st round and be assured Carson Strong and his Cannon of an Arm and his Accuracy will be placed in the Top 15. Just my thought on it.
                    That is fair assessment. Personally, I think 5 is a bit high for this year. My guess is that Corral and Pickett go top 15 and that is it. Then someone like Willis or Strong gets into the first round also, when a team falls in love with their arm talent. Then a couple more come off the board in the second.

                    that being said, I would not be surprised to see Pickett slip before the draft. Personally, I would not take him before the third round. He has a lot of bad tape and some red flags. The consensus might be that he is the top guy now, but it will not surprise me if that changes quickly. I would take Corral, Willis, Strong, and Ridder before Pickett. If Ridder's mechanics were not broken so bad, I would see him going in the first. Of course, that is based on what I know now and could easily change as I watch and read more.

                    I say that realizing that there are many, many QB hungry teams right now. The QB always gets over drafted. So it might be 4 or 5 like you are suggesting.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by myoung View Post

                      That is fair assessment. Personally, I think 5 is a bit high for this year. My guess is that Corral and Pickett go top 15 and that is it. Then someone like Willis or Strong gets into the first round also, when a team falls in love with their arm talent. Then a couple more come off the board in the second.

                      that being said, I would not be surprised to see Pickett slip before the draft. Personally, I would not take him before the third round. He has a lot of bad tape and some red flags. The consensus might be that he is the top guy now, but it will not surprise me if that changes quickly. I would take Corral, Willis, Strong, and Ridder before Pickett. If Ridder's mechanics were not broken so bad, I would see him going in the first. Of course, that is based on what I know now and could easily change as I watch and read more.

                      I say that realizing that there are many, many QB hungry teams right now. The QB always gets over drafted. So it might be 4 or 5 like you are suggesting.
                      I agree 100% with you. Great Post Thank You for your insight !! Happy New Years 2 You Boss !!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X