Still Talking Aaron Rodgers in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Exactly that man ain't won a super in over a decade. He beat up on that division. He's not gonna come in a beat up on the AFC west like that. It's gonna take time....I agree Rodgers don't mean automatic superbowl.....just a waste of time to me.
    It is not an automatic super bowl, but it would get us in the conversation. Being in contention is a big deal to me. It gives us a chance. The next 5 years are going to be rough if we don't find a top tier QB. Personally, I don't think that exists in this draft. If it does, it is at best a crap shoot. I am not saying none of the young guys will succeed because this draft class is terrible. I am just saying there is ALWAYS a risk drafting a QB and that risk of failure is even higher this year. They are a bunch of second and third day guys that teams will reach on because -- if you don't have a QB in the NFL you can't compete.

We hung with the Chiefs and Chargers this year, at times, with crap at QB and OC. I don't believe Rodgers will beat up the division, but it would give us a real shot at winning it. If we don't, a real shot at the wild card.

How much have we gotten from our last 3 first rounders? Make that 6 first rounders or more? Where is that getting us? IMO, it has only gotten us a lot of fun discussions how to spend the #5-#15 pick in the next draft. We are stuck in mediocrity. The worst place to be in professional sports.

Some of you that don't want Rodgers, act like he is showing signs of slowing down and will be out of the league in a year or two. Keep in mind how long he sat when he came into the league. Take a look at his injuries. IMO, Manning had more wear and tear on his body at age 36 than we would get from Rodgers coming in at age 39.

I would have paid 2-3 firsts for what we got out of Manning any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I would have loved to pay 2 firsts for what the Rams are getting out of Stafford. Rodgers >>> than Stafford.

If the Packers will talk, I say let's pony up and ride the wave for the next 3-5 years. I want to be cheering for a winner again.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post

It is not an automatic super bowl, but it would get us in the conversation. Being in contention is a big deal to me. It gives us a chance. The next 5 years are going to be rough if we don't find a top tier QB. Personally, I don't think that exists in this draft. If it does, it is at best a crap shoot. I am not saying none of the young guys will succeed because this draft class is terrible. I am just saying there is ALWAYS a risk drafting a QB and that risk of failure is even higher this year. They are a bunch of second and third day guys that teams will reach on because -- if you don't have a QB in the NFL you can't compete.

We hung with the Chiefs and Chargers this year, at times, with crap at QB and OC. I don't believe Rodgers will beat up the division, but it would give us a real shot at winning it. If we don't, a real shot at the wild card.

How much have we gotten from our last 3 first rounders? Make that 6 first rounders or more? Where is that getting us? IMO, it has only gotten us a lot of fun discussions how to spend the #5-#15 pick in the next draft. We are stuck in mediocrity. The worst place to be in professional sports.

Some of you that don't want Rodgers, act like he is showing signs of slowing down and will be out of the league in a year or two. Keep in mind how long he sat when he came into the league. Take a look at his injuries. IMO, Manning had more wear and tear on his body at age 36 than we would get from Rodgers coming in at age 39.

I would have paid 2-3 firsts for what we got out of Manning any day of the week and twice on Sundays. I would have loved to pay 2 firsts for what the Rams are getting out of Stafford. Rodgers >>> than Stafford.

If the Packers will talk, I say let's pony up and ride the wave for the next 3-5 years. I want to be cheering for a winner again.
      The thing is we did have to give up in picks to get Manning and Stafford is like 6 years younger. I don't care if it looks like he is slowing down or not. He just said this offseason he think about retirement. Not all qbs wanna go out like big been. That man ain't won a ship in over a decade I highly doubt leaving New offense and wrs is enticing. You can say you will give up all those picks for rodgers...just bc he is rodgers....what if he plays one and retire??? He may play 3 years....since we don't know its not worth the money, picks, nor the time.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I've been watching the Packers for almost 30yrs. I'm well aware how long Rodgers sat. My post have nothing to do with Rodgers ability nor his age. He himself has said he wouldn't rule out retiring. He himself has also said he could play another 5yrs.

A team in Denver situation should stay clear of a player who is undecided. It will cost at least 2-3 first round picks and a player to get Rodgers. What if he decides 2022 is his last season. So Denver gave up 3 first for a rental and back looking for a QB after. I would prefer we do get a vet but someone who isn't undecided on rather they'll play 5 more years or retire. And wouldn't cost 3 first and a player.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          I've been watching the Packers for almost 30yrs. I'm well aware how long Rodgers sat. My post have nothing to do with Rodgers ability nor his age. He himself has said he wouldn't rule out retiring. He himself has also said he could play another 5yrs.

A team in Denver situation should stay clear of a player who is undecided. It will cost at least 2-3 first round picks and a player to get Rodgers. What if he decides 2022 is his last season. So Denver gave up 3 first for a rental and back looking for a QB after. I would prefer we do get a vet but someone who isn't undecided on rather they'll play 5 more years or retire. And wouldn't cost 3 first and a player.
          That is fair, my statements about paying for it, are assuming we have spoken to him and his agent. It assumes he is comfortable with coming to Denver AND he seems interested in playing a few more years. If it is complete unknown (which seems to be the case right now) I would not just throw the picks away. I can certainly agree with you that we should not pay for an aged veteran that is undecided.

Comment

The thing is we did have to give up in picks to get Manning and Stafford is like 6 years younger. I don't care if it looks like he is slowing down or not. He just said this offseason he think about retirement. Not all qbs wanna go out like big been. That man ain't won a ship in over a decade I highly doubt leaving New offense and wrs is enticing. You can say you will give up all those picks for rodgers...just bc he is rodgers....what if he plays one and retire??? He may play 3 years....since we don't know its not worth the money, picks, nor the time.
            Stop with the "he aint won a ship in a decade". He is in the running ALMOST every single year. Do you want to have a chance or not? The guy could win the MVP this year and had a stellar season last year and has put his team as the #1 seed despite 4 of his OL being injured lately. Just stop.

Manning won 1 super bowl before he came here

Comment

To be sure, Rodgers does come with guarantees. But he does bring some things to us IMO:
              1) Gives us a chance to not only win the division, in year one, but win one or more playoffs games
              2) Attracts other quality players to come here
              3) Restores The Broncos' legacy as one of the best there ever was!!!

Comment

Stop with the "he aint won a ship in a decade". He is in the running ALMOST every single year. Do you want to have a chance or not? The guy could win the MVP this year and had a stellar season last year and has put his team as the #1 seed despite 4 of his OL being injured lately. Just stop.

Manning won 1 super bowl before he came here
                Peyton was younger.....I will not saying the truth...and the truth is "THAT MAN AIN'T WON A SUPERBOWL IN OVER A DECADE"......I dont give a crap about mvp the don't equal championship. I'm sorry it's just my opinion. Not everyone is against him coming here and not everyone is for him coming here. It's really not up to us just stating how I feel. Now if Rodgers was 33 damn right I would do it.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I think any new owner spending a few billions to take over the team will want a marquee player to announce their arrival.

Comment

Peyton was younger.....I will not saying the truth...and the truth is "THAT MAN AIN'T WON A SUPERBOWL IN OVER A DECADE"......I dont give a crap about mvp the don't equal championship. I'm sorry it's just my opinion. Not everyone is against him coming here and not everyone is for him coming here. It's really not up to us just stating how I feel. Now if Rodgers was 33 damn right I would do it.
                    Hilarious. We each have our own opinions. Thank you for sharing your reasons.

personally I would rather be in the discussion each year than stuck in mediocrity

Comment

Hilarious. We each have our own opinions. Thank you for sharing your reasons.

personally I would rather be in the discussion each year than stuck in mediocrity
                      It's all in conversation...nothing ever personal...we all are passionate about our Broncos....we all have different opinions which makes this board great!

Comment

It's all in conversation...nothing ever personal...we all are passionate about our Broncos....we all have different opinions which makes this board great!
                        I agree.....it's only personal when it's personal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Doctor_wait_what.gif
Views:	43
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	8400577

Comment

are you guys trying to say I was making it personal?

Comment

Certainly not I, if you are asking me. Doing my silly stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Very good point, and that's a very disturbing possible outcome. I would hate for us to be in that predicament —count me out too.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Lol na dog.... im just saying our debate is cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X