The REAL answer at QB/HC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The REAL answer at QB/HC!

Everyone is clamoring for Aaron Rodgers in Denver and while I wouldn’t hate it, I also know it’s not realistic. If we did push for Rodgers we would give up huge draft capital and a couple young players. I’m not sold on us pulling a deal for Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson. So what do we do?

1. Fangio and Shurmur have to be gone, have to be. Those 2 and Teddy have ruined what should have been a promising season. I say we’re more than just a QB away from a Super Bowl, I say we stay young and build for the future, not one season.

Head Coach Hire: Lane Kiffin
    That’s right, bring in a firey young innovative HC who can relate to our young nucleas. His first NFL stint wasn’t great, this time he is ready.

Obviously Fangio is gone, so will our defense take a step back? We hire a veteran guy who will keep us humming.

Defensive Coordinator Hire: Mike Zimmer
    i think, unless the Vikings win a playoff game this year, Zimmer is done. He is a fantastic defensive mind and could do wonders with our young defense. Paton uses his Minny connections and gets Mike in the door to run the D.

So now we got our staff in place, we need a QB.

Quarterback: Matt Corral (Ole Miss)
    No brainer here. Kiffin gets his guy and the beauty of it is we didn’t have to spend a bunch of capital to do it. I figure we’ll be picking around #16, we sit tight and land our QB.

Teddy is gone, Drew is still around. Drew and Matt compete to start with the general idea that Matt is the future. This is the beginning of a great run. Thoughts?

Interesting idea

personally im not a fan of kiffin or corral. That being said, I dont think kiffin will give up ole miss to coach in the nfl again. He strikes me as more of a college coach than an nfl coach.

im not sure about zimmer either. Maybe hes the fangio type where hes a better coordinator than a hc but id have to look into him more before saying one way or another.
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

At this point, I just want to see a different philosophy in trying to develop a quarterback, and as long as Elway is in the building along with all these old coaches with dated thinking, I don't see it changing.

I would love to see us take a guy early, they are all just names to me at this point, but whoever it is, go all-in on them from day 1. No more open competitions, veterans to push them, it's all a waste of time and anyone thinking otherwise at this point is just ignorant.

If you draft a guy early you put everything into getting him ready for day 1, and you play him early and accept the bumpy ride that will occur along the way. These young guys need to be on the field playing to develop, and you need to commit to that in the hope of finding a future quarterback.

I do like the idea of a coach who thinks a little differently, and going with someone who is willing to take the risk of going all-in on a young quarterback in the hope of developing him for the future. I just am just so sick of retreads and no real plan to develop our young players, and unless that philosophy changes, all the names in the world thrown around mean nothing in my opinion.

Comment

I don’t hate the idea. I think Zimmer typically runs a 4-3, so that might put Chubb in his natural position.

Kiffin has NFL experience, so it’s not like they would be bringing in a college coach who thinks he can treat professionals like college players.

That being said, I hope there are more exciting options available when the season is over.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Corral does not fall to 16 lol.

Pickett, corral, Willis all go top 6. Ridder and one other probably go top 15 too.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
            Corral does not fall to 16 lol.

Pickett, corral, Willis all go top 6. Ridder and one other probably go top 15 too.
            I seriously doubt 5 go top 15, but agree Corral will not last until 16 (although we will probably draft closer to 10-11). None of these guys is as good as the top 5 last year. Teams do tend to overdraft QBs but this would be a serious reach. I doubt any of these guys would have been first rounders last year.

I am guessing 2-3 end up top 15. Likely Pickett (although his hand size will scare some away), Corral, and one other riser

Comment

Pass on Kiffin. Would rather grab Kellen Moore or Eric Bienemy

I would love Corral or almost anyone else at QB. At this point I could be talked into Mitch Trubiski or Winston. We suck so bad almost any QB would be better. Give me Josh Johnson from the Ravens.

but it has to correspond with OC changes. Not sure why he wasn’t fired this morning. That offensive display was atrocious.

Comment

I'm all for a young Qb but seems alot easier to miss on Qb's.
                This year:
                Lawrence - gonna need time has struggled.
                Wilson - Has improved through the year but like Fields and Lawrence been humbled by the speed of the NFL and not throwing to guys 15 yards open against guys who will never play in NFL.
                Lance - not ready ( game to fast right now)
                Fields - not ready ( will need an offense built around his abilities, he is not a plug and play guy)
                Mac Jones - Has been ok but has had the league's best defense and oline all year. Yesterday in a shootout he crapped the bed 14/32 145 yds 2 ints.
                sigpic

Comment

Kellen Moore, if Jerry lets him loose. There are plenty of up and coming defensive coordinators.

I would prefer that no one over the age of 50 is hired. The backwards thinking of sitting on the ball all game and trying to win 17-13 doesn't work and it has set this team back at least a decade.

No more crotchety old "my way or the highway and i know better because im a dinosaur" coaches. We need new, fresh life in the building, not this "waiting on our turn to die" bullcrap that's been going on since sb 50
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    I'm all for a young Qb but seems alot easier to miss on Qb's.
                    This year:
                    Lawrence - gonna need time has struggled.
                    Wilson - Has improved through the year but like Fields and Lawrence been humbled by the speed of the NFL and not throwing to guys 15 yards open against guys who will never play in NFL.
                    Lance - not ready ( game to fast right now)
                    Fields - not ready ( will need an offense built around his abilities, he is not a plug and play guy)
                    Mac Jones - Has been ok but has had the league's best defense and oline all year. Yesterday in a shootout he crapped the bed 14/32 145 yds 2 ints.
                    Agree with your assessment, but will note all of them have shown potential. It takes time, especially when drafted by a bad team.

None of the guys this year are rated as high as any of those 5, and I am not saying we shouldn’t draft one, just agreeing with you it takes time.

I am more than a little concerned about Picketts hand size, especially with the bigger NFL ball. If he measures as small as everyone expects, it would be a red flag for me

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post

Agree with your assessment, but will note all of them have shown potential. It takes time, especially when drafted by a bad team.

None of the guys this year are rated as high as any of those 5, and I am not saying we shouldn’t draft one, just agreeing with you it takes time.

I am more than a little concerned about Picketts hand size, especially with the bigger NFL ball. If he measures as small as everyone expects, it would be a red flag for me

No doubt, I have not given up on any of these Qb's but I dont believe any of them with Shurmur would have put us in the playoffs. Gotta get the right young Qb and OC or it probably won't work.
                      Regardless it will take time to develop a young Qb. Right now I have zero hope we will. The best thing that can happen is we get a new owner who cleans out the coaching staff and brings in a head coach who changes this teams culture, and gives us an identity.
                      sigpic

Comment

My hands are 9 and 5/8 inches and I don't understand how he plays with those small hands.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

My hands are 9 and 5/8 inches and I don't understand how he plays with those small hands.
                          would be the third smallest EVER, from what I have read. His thumb is double jointed which he uses to help grip the ball. I worry, that the extra size of the NFL ball will be a problem. My hands are 8 inches and I can’t grip an NFL Ball. Personally I would stay clear, with the cold climate, feels way too risky to me.

I wish the kid well, but unless he measures bigger than expected, I hope we go a different direction

Comment

Pass on Kiffin. Would rather grab Kellen Moore or Eric Bienemy

I would love Corral or almost anyone else at QB. At this point I could be talked into Mitch Trubiski or Winston. We suck so bad almost any QB would be better. Give me Josh Johnson from the Ravens.

but it has to correspond with OC changes. Not sure why he wasn’t fired this morning. That offensive display was atrocious.
                            i would love to see Bienemy back in Colorado to be honest.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think the likelihood of Denver hiring a new HC is high. If that happens it's also a high likelihood that he wants "his guy" a QB.....just reality

Comment

Working...
                              X