The REAL answer at QB/HC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Zac Taylor got the HC job because he had a cup of coffee with Sean McVay. I would be suspicious of any coordinator that works for an offensive head coach. How much of any success is actually because the guy with the OC title knows what he’s doing?
    I guess we should see who’s had a cup of tea with Sean McVay and hire him as our next HC. Last I checked the Cincinnati Bengals went from perennial loser to Super Bowl contenders winning the AFC North. Brian Callahan has a very good coaching pedigree. It would not surprise me if he knew the WCO Offense better & was more of the engine behind Bengals offensive success than Zac Taylor.

Comment

It will be up to the broncos and paton to vet out the next coaching staff. Unfortunately we dont get much insight into a coaches offense or defensive gameplans.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
        It will be up to the broncos and paton to vet out the next coaching staff. Unfortunately we dont get much insight into a coaches offense or defensive gameplans.
        Vet out the next HC. HC will usually vet out their own staff

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
          Vet out the next HC. HC will usually vet out their own staff
          One would think that that would be part of the interview process that happens between the gm and potential head coaches on who the head coach wants to bring in
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

One would think that that would be part of the interview process that happens between the gm and potential head coaches on who the head coach wants to bring in
            Not to the extent that the GM is the one choosing.

Comment

Not to the extent that the GM is the one choosing.
              The GM is the one who ultimately chooses because he’s the one negotiating the contracts.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The GM is the one who ultimately chooses because he’s the one negotiating the contracts.
                Right...this isnt something thats not discussed when hiring a head coach
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

HC always choose their own staff. Especially coordinators. There may be a few lower end staff that the GM may want on his staff but OC/DC or any significant coaching position will be picked by the HC.

Comment

HC always choose their own staff. Especially coordinators. There may be a few lower end staff that the GM may want on his staff but OC/DC or any significant coaching position will be picked by the HC.
                    Again, the GM negotiates the contracts. He has to agree to what the head coach wants. Most of the time it works out in the coach’s favor, but it’s not guaranteed.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Again, the GM negotiates the contracts. He has to agree to what the head coach wants. Most of the time it works out in the coach’s favor, but it’s not guaranteed.
                      HC always gets who he picks. How do you think we ended up with Schurmur. The only exception is when they hire a rookie HC.

Comment

HC always gets who he picks. How do you think we ended up with Schurmur. The only exception is when they hire a rookie HC.
                        This may help:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....-behind-scenes

key parts of the article:

" You’d better come prepared—with a full list of your proposed staff, and detailed ideas about the roster and how you’d use it—when you enter the interview room looking for an NFL head coaching job "

"Structure is obviously a discussion point in interviews, often depending on the leverage of the candidate. For someone in high demand, a team might be more deferential in terms of structure and control over the roster. For a first-time head coach, there is little to no leverage on his part to have any control with roster construction; that is the general manager and player personnel role. "

and the main point:

Another important discussion point is staffing. Every coach comes (or should come) prepared with a full staff in mind, from coordinators all the way down to conditioning and strength coaches. And the team may state a strong preference or suggestion to keep a certain coach or coaches from the previous staff. When we interviewed Mike Sherman, an unknown tight ends coach from the Seattle Seahawks, for the Packers head coach position in 2001, he had a full coaching staff prepared, with complete biographies and resumes of each coordinator and position coach.
                        Last edited by armedequation; 01-04-2022, 04:26 AM.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                        X