Draft position tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTM View Post
    Draft positioning is nice but I don't think it's that important in the grand scheme of things. Having a team that knows how to win is better than a few spots difference in your first round pick. There are maybe a few instances where it truly matters where you pick, and usually it happens with having the first pick. I'm thinking of Luck, Manning and Elway. And that's 3 examples in 30 years. Look at this past draft. Last December everyone was sure Fields was not just the 2nd best QB, he would likely be the 2nd overall pick. No one was thinking of Zach Wilson. Trey Lance was seen as a project. Mac Jones was getting 2nd round buzz.

And who's happy at the moment? Pats certainly should feel good, but everyone else probably is a bit nervous that their QB needs to improve. Improvement is likely going to happen but it still needs to happen.

You know who else is probably happy? The Texans. Davis Mills looks like a quality QB as a rookie, and he was a third round choice. Where all the QB's are projected right now probably doesn't matter. Some guys will get pushed up boards for no other reason than they play an important position. Others will get pushed down because they don't look like the current prototype of a mobile QB with a cannon for an arm. Bottom line, you are picking one roster spot of 53 with your first round choice. If the rest of your team is doing so poorly you get to pick slightly higher than you otherwise would have I don't think that's a good problem to have. It's the NFL, all games matter. Experience matters. Winning matters. Losing is infectious. So is winning. Whether we're picking 6th or 11th should not be a concern of ours heading into the offseason.
    Funny. I thought the narrative early in the year was this guy was a bust....he had some horrendous games.........oh,wait, the team developed him and changed to accommodate his strengths.....didn't know that was an option

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Funny. I thought the narrative early in the year was this guy was a bust....he had some horrendous games.........oh,wait, the team developed him and changed to accommodate his strengths.....didn't know that was an option
      Right who would have Thought about developing a QB? Unreal...

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

I mean he was just drafted so i dont see how anyone could reasonably call him a bust.

i do like your sarcasm!
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

So we are hoping for Washington, Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago and Seahawk victories today.....assuming we lose to KC

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            So we are hoping for Washington, Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago and Seahawk victories today.....assuming we lose to KC
            I don't want all of them to lose bc if we get "too" high we probably won't take a quarterback, which is what we need.
            My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I don't want all of them to lose bc if we get "too" high we probably won't take a quarterback, which is what we need.
              See I think the opposite, if we can get to number 7 we have a legit shot at a top QB prospect in a trade up. We have 2 2nds and 2 3rds because of the Von trade. With a higher pick that might be enough with maybe just 1 future pick to get up top

Comment

See I think the opposite, if we can get to number 7 we have a legit shot at a top QB prospect in a trade up. We have 2 2nds and 2 3rds because of the Von trade. With a higher pick that might be enough with maybe just 1 future pick to get up top
                True but I don't think we will have to trade up. And if we do I hope it's not for Pickett
                My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Well, the first domino fell our way......we lost

Comment

True but I don't think we will have to trade up. And if we do I hope it's not for Pickett
                    Maybe we can trade for Fields and get 2 wins in 10 starts!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

Maybe we can trade for Fields and get 2 wins in 10 starts!
                      Ima enjoy watch Fields start next year and Lock ride the pine for another team. Lol

Comment

Ima enjoy watch Fields start next year and Lock ride the pine for another team. Lol
                        Hope he shows alot more than this year!!!!
                        He went 2-8 on a team that made the playoffs the year before he arrived..
                        To each their own interesting how you root for the Bears Qb and crap on your teams qb. You do realize you sound like a bears fan right? I'm not saying you are, but you are pro Fields and anti Lock! Just saying ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hope he shows alot more than this year!!!!
                          He went 2-8 on a team that made the playoffs the year before he arrived..
                          To each their own interesting how you root for the Bears Qb and crap on your teams qb. You do realize you sound like a bears fan right? I'm not saying you are, but you are pro Fields and anti Lock! Just saying ?
                          Just bc ima Broncos fan don't mean I can't have favors players that aren't on the Broncos. I seen Justin play a lot of high school football.

I'm not a bears fan at all....im route for lamar jackson too...you can tell me just bc ima Broncos fan I can like anyone else. Da hell. I'm been a Broncos fan since 95...and ain't going nowhere.

Comment

Just bc ima Broncos fan don't mean I can't have favors players that aren't on the Broncos. I seen Justin play a lot of high school football.

I'm not a bears fan at all....im route for lamar jackson too...you can tell me just bc ima Broncos fan I can like anyone else. Da hell. I'm been a Broncos fan since 95...and ain't going nowhere.
                            Root for whoever you want! I for one am glad we didn't draft Fields he has made Trubisky look good.
                            sigpic

Comment

Root for whoever you want! I for one am glad we didn't draft Fields he has made Trubisky look good.
                              I don't care what you glad about. With surtain was had another losing season.

Maybe if we didn't draft Lock like I said. We wouldn't have wasted 3 years on a backup

Comment

I don't care what you glad about. With surtain was had another losing season.

Maybe if we didn't draft Lock like I said. We wouldn't have wasted 3 years on a backup
                                Surtain is a solid starter!
                                Fields took a playoff team into the gutter!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X