X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Why edge we dont need it. We are 3 to 4 deep there any way.

We dont need edge we need chubb to stay healthy but i feel really confident in the chubb cooper and reed trio. I also feel we have 3 good players there.
    I have to disagree. Chubb will be fine IMO but I don't really believe in Reed or Cooper at all. They just don't present enough physical or technical upside to make me have confidence in them going forward. Granted, Fangio's scheme naturally relied on interior pressure and calls for EDGE players to mostly contain and not overpursue. Situationally, I thought Weatherly was the most consistent in terms of getting pressure on the QB. That's not good. Teams were more than happy to run right at Reed and Cooper. They're simply not strong or savvy enough to set the edge or get off blocks consistently.

Regardless of whoever is the next HC/DC, we need better EDGE players at the starting level. Reed/Cooper are fine as rotational pieces but not starters. Someone like Karlaftis or Ojabo paired opposite of Chubb (whether it's as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 EDGE) would make a huge difference on defense both against the run and pass.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    With Washington up by 2 scores and 4 minutes left, looks like Domino number 2 will fall and we move to pick 9. { unless of course Atlanta looses }

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Watching the bears play is painful LOL.... Naggy is coaching scared. Went for it on a 4th and 5 in FG range, Dalton gets sacked holding onto the ball. Goes for it 4th and 1 at the 11, Dalton sacked holding onto the ball. Could be 9-0 right now

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    If we move to a 4-3 would Dremont Jones be an End and Shelby and Purcell at the two DT's?

LE Jones
    DT Purcell
    DT Harris
    RE Chubb

if we move to 4-3 i would more have it like

LE Cooper
    NT Harris
    UT Jones
    RE Chubb

cooper is a legit player we don't haev the off the ball lbers to run a 4-3 though

Jones would defintely play inside on passing downs. i would try to have him take a Geno Atkins type role. i think he has that upside at the UT spot.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

We dont need edge we need chubb to stay healthy but i feel really confident in the chubb cooper and reed trio. I also feel we have 3 good players there.
    If we move to a 4-3 would Dremont Jones be an End and Shelby and Purcell at the two DT's?

LE Jones
    DT Purcell
    DT Harris
    RE Chubb

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Fields is gonna be fine with Chicago.

Surtain was cold-blooded for us and is already a top 10 corner in the NFL after his rookie season.

Time to move forward.

If we don't go QB, OT, or EDGE in the 1st-- I will be upset.

We may find ourselves in position to choose the best QB available in the draft. We may find ourselves trading the farm for a star veteran QB. It's going to be a pivotal offseason and I am excited to see what Paton does after having a whole year to evaluate the roster and coaching staff. This may be the first time we really get a taste of Paton's philosophy.

Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 01-09-2022, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    So I'm feeling pretty good about our chances of reaching 7 or 8.

Washington plays the Giants, should be a Wash win

Cleveland plays Cinci but Cinci is benching starters

Chicago is playing Minnesota, Bears probably lose

Atlanta is playing NO, coin flip and I actually like ATL more if Pitts plays

Seattle plays Arizona, not sure if AZ is sitting starters or not but still a coin flip. Imo

outside of the Chicago vs MN game ( and this one to really ) all the games we need the winners on are real possibilities
    Whatever it takes to get a lock replacement.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    So I'm feeling pretty good about our chances of reaching 7 or 8.

Washington plays the Giants, should be a Wash win

Cleveland plays Cinci but Cinci is benching starters

Chicago is playing Minnesota, Bears probably lose

Atlanta is playing NO, coin flip and I actually like ATL more if Pitts plays

Seattle plays Arizona, not sure if AZ is sitting starters or not but still a coin flip. Imo

outside of the Chicago vs MN game ( and this one to really ) all the games we need the winners on are real possibilities

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Fields is gonna be fine with Chicago.

Surtain was cold-blooded for us and is already a top 10 corner in the NFL after his rookie season.

Time to move forward.

If we don't go QB, OT, or EDGE in the 1st-- I will be upset.

We may find ourselves in position to choose the best QB available in the draft. We may find ourselves trading the farm for a star veteran QB. It's going to be a pivotal offseason and I am excited to see what Paton does after having a whole year to evaluate the roster and coaching staff. This may be the first time we really get a taste of Paton's philosophy.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

I don't care what you glad about. With surtain was had another losing season.

Maybe if we didn't draft Lock like I said. We wouldn't have wasted 3 years on a backup
    Surtain is a solid starter!
    Fields took a playoff team into the gutter!

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Root for whoever you want! I for one am glad we didn't draft Fields he has made Trubisky look good.
    I don't care what you glad about. With surtain was had another losing season.

Maybe if we didn't draft Lock like I said. We wouldn't have wasted 3 years on a backup

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

Just bc ima Broncos fan don't mean I can't have favors players that aren't on the Broncos. I seen Justin play a lot of high school football.

I'm not a bears fan at all....im route for lamar jackson too...you can tell me just bc ima Broncos fan I can like anyone else. Da hell. I'm been a Broncos fan since 95...and ain't going nowhere.
    Root for whoever you want! I for one am glad we didn't draft Fields he has made Trubisky look good.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Hope he shows alot more than this year!!!!
    He went 2-8 on a team that made the playoffs the year before he arrived..
    To each their own interesting how you root for the Bears Qb and crap on your teams qb. You do realize you sound like a bears fan right? I'm not saying you are, but you are pro Fields and anti Lock! Just saying ?
    Just bc ima Broncos fan don't mean I can't have favors players that aren't on the Broncos. I seen Justin play a lot of high school football.

I'm not a bears fan at all....im route for lamar jackson too...you can tell me just bc ima Broncos fan I can like anyone else. Da hell. I'm been a Broncos fan since 95...and ain't going nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

Ima enjoy watch Fields start next year and Lock ride the pine for another team. Lol
    Hope he shows alot more than this year!!!!
    He went 2-8 on a team that made the playoffs the year before he arrived..
    To each their own interesting how you root for the Bears Qb and crap on your teams qb. You do realize you sound like a bears fan right? I'm not saying you are, but you are pro Fields and anti Lock! Just saying ?

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied

Maybe we can trade for Fields and get 2 wins in 10 starts!
    Ima enjoy watch Fields start next year and Lock ride the pine for another team. Lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X