• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDbroncos02
    Football Immortal
    • Sep 2012

Fields is gonna be fine with Chicago.

Surtain was cold-blooded for us and is already a top 10 corner in the NFL after his rookie season.

Time to move forward.

If we don't go QB, OT, or EDGE in the 1st-- I will be upset.

We may find ourselves in position to choose the best QB available in the draft. We may find ourselves trading the farm for a star veteran QB. It's going to be a pivotal offseason and I am excited to see what Paton does after having a whole year to evaluate the roster and coaching staff. This may be the first time we really get a taste of Paton's philosophy.

Comment

• JvDub95
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2005

So I'm feeling pretty good about our chances of reaching 7 or 8.

Washington plays the Giants, should be a Wash win

Cleveland plays Cinci but Cinci is benching starters

Chicago is playing Minnesota, Bears probably lose

Atlanta is playing NO, coin flip and I actually like ATL more if Pitts plays

Seattle plays Arizona, not sure if AZ is sitting starters or not but still a coin flip. Imo

outside of the Chicago vs MN game ( and this one to really ) all the games we need the winners on are real possibilities

​​​​

Comment

• Ear2dastreets
        Hall of Famer
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        So I'm feeling pretty good about our chances of reaching 7 or 8.

Washington plays the Giants, should be a Wash win

Cleveland plays Cinci but Cinci is benching starters

Chicago is playing Minnesota, Bears probably lose

Atlanta is playing NO, coin flip and I actually like ATL more if Pitts plays

Seattle plays Arizona, not sure if AZ is sitting starters or not but still a coin flip. Imo

outside of the Chicago vs MN game ( and this one to really ) all the games we need the winners on are real possibilities
        Whatever it takes to get a lock replacement.
        Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
          Football Immortal
          • May 2010

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          Fields is gonna be fine with Chicago.

Surtain was cold-blooded for us and is already a top 10 corner in the NFL after his rookie season.

Time to move forward.

If we don't go QB, OT, or EDGE in the 1st-- I will be upset.

We may find ourselves in position to choose the best QB available in the draft. We may find ourselves trading the farm for a star veteran QB. It's going to be a pivotal offseason and I am excited to see what Paton does after having a whole year to evaluate the roster and coaching staff. This may be the first time we really get a taste of Paton's philosophy.
          Why edge we dont need it. We are 3 to 4 deep there any way.

We dont need edge we need chubb to stay healthy but i feel really confident in the chubb cooper and reed trio. I also feel we have 3 good players there.
          Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 01-09-2022, 09:53 AM.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• 58Miller
            Football Immortal
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

We dont need edge we need chubb to stay healthy but i feel really confident in the chubb cooper and reed trio. I also feel we have 3 good players there.
            If we move to a 4-3 would Dremont Jones be an End and Shelby and Purcell at the two DT's?

LE Jones
            DT Purcell
            DT Harris
            RE Chubb

sigpic

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
              Football Immortal
              • May 2010

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              If we move to a 4-3 would Dremont Jones be an End and Shelby and Purcell at the two DT's?

LE Jones
              DT Purcell
              DT Harris
              RE Chubb

if we move to 4-3 i would more have it like

LE Cooper
              NT Harris
              UT Jones
              RE Chubb

cooper is a legit player we don't haev the off the ball lbers to run a 4-3 though

Jones would defintely play inside on passing downs. i would try to have him take a Geno Atkins type role. i think he has that upside at the UT spot.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• JvDub95
                Football Immortal
                • Jan 2005

Watching the bears play is painful LOL.... Naggy is coaching scared. Went for it on a 4th and 5 in FG range, Dalton gets sacked holding onto the ball. Goes for it 4th and 1 at the 11, Dalton sacked holding onto the ball. Could be 9-0 right now

​​​​

Comment

• skeeter01
                  Football Immortal
                  • Apr 2008

With Washington up by 2 scores and 4 minutes left, looks like Domino number 2 will fall and we move to pick 9. { unless of course Atlanta looses }

Comment

• HDbroncos02
                    Football Immortal
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I have to disagree. Chubb will be fine IMO but I don't really believe in Reed or Cooper at all. They just don't present enough physical or technical upside to make me have confidence in them going forward. Granted, Fangio's scheme naturally relied on interior pressure and calls for EDGE players to mostly contain and not overpursue. Situationally, I thought Weatherly was the most consistent in terms of getting pressure on the QB. That's not good. Teams were more than happy to run right at Reed and Cooper. They're simply not strong or savvy enough to set the edge or get off blocks consistently.

Regardless of whoever is the next HC/DC, we need better EDGE players at the starting level. Reed/Cooper are fine as rotational pieces but not starters. Someone like Karlaftis or Ojabo paired opposite of Chubb (whether it's as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 EDGE) would make a huge difference on defense both against the run and pass.

Comment

• JvDub95
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2005

Stupid bears, 3 times going for it on 4th down in scoring position

​​​​

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

Cle wins and wash wins....crossing fingers for ATL and SEA

​​​​

Comment

• KernCoBroncofan
                          aka "orange crush75"
                          • Jul 2021

Cle wins and wash wins....crossing fingers for ATL and SEA
                          So if Atl and Sea win where does that leave us ?

Comment

• JvDub95
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post

So if Atl and Sea win where does that leave us ?
                            2024 NFL Draft order tracker updated after every game. View traded picks in all seven rounds and a live updating Mock Draft after each game.

currently at 9 right now, if ATL wins we stay ahead of them. If SEA wins we fall to 8. Pretty sure we're guaranteed number 10

​​​​

Comment

• L.M.
                              Vitalstatistix
                              • Oct 2006

2024 NFL Draft order tracker updated after every game. View traded picks in all seven rounds and a live updating Mock Draft after each game.

currently at 9 right now, if ATL wins we stay ahead of them. If SEA wins we fall to 8. Pretty sure we're guaranteed number 10
                              Thanks, just looked at that. What kind of world do we live in when both NY teams have two picks each inside the top ten. SMH

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• skeeter01
                                Football Immortal
                                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Thanks, just looked at that. What kind of world do we live in when both NY teams have two picks each inside the top ten. SMH
                                That is insane....and to think the small market Bills are in the playoffs.....

Comment

Working...
                                X