X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I agree....a lot more busts. However, you have to take that chance. QB is the most important position in all of sports. If you don't have one you "keep on shaking that QB tree" until the right one falls
    I'm fine with taking a chance because you see something. Doesn't seem like we had a plan for Lock and Paxton we didn't even interview. Kid had zero work ethic and cried in a football game ?‍♂️.
    We draft someone I just hope we interview him and have a scheme and plan to develop the player.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    That would be awesome!!! Allen was the one we could have drafted. The others we could have moved up for, a lot more busts than franchise guys.
    I agree....a lot more busts. However, you have to take that chance. QB is the most important position in all of sports. If you don't have one you "keep on shaking that QB tree" until the right one falls

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied
    Originally posted by myoung View Post

I am not a fan of any of these QBs, early in the draft. I am looking forward to Willis’s workouts. I am not sure any of them are better options than Winston or Tribisky. I am not saying I like those guys just gives you an idea of how I feel about the crop of rookies.

if Willis excels at his workout I could get excited. I really like the idea of Carson Strong in the early second or Bailey Zapp in the third.

IMO desperation = bad drafting
    I don't know enough about any of them to say yes or no.
    I like Willis ability good arm and mobility.
    I could see Daboll bringing in Trubisky if he becomes our HC.

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Hey man if our new HC and Paton eye a guy they like and believe they can develop, go get him!!!! I just dont want us to draft a name like we did Paxton. I'm more concerned we get guys who make this team better like Surtain. A QB would be ideal but we also need a RT, LG, C, DT, Edge and ILB
    I am not a fan of any of these QBs, early in the draft. I am looking forward to Willis’s workouts. I am not sure any of them are better options than Winston or Tribisky. I am not saying I like those guys just gives you an idea of how I feel about the crop of rookies.

if Willis excels at his workout I could get excited. I really like the idea of Carson Strong in the early second or Bailey Zapp in the third.

IMO desperation = bad drafting

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

Or hit on the ones like Allen or Herbert or Mahomes or Watson.....Lance and Tua yet to be determined
    That would be awesome!!! Allen was the one we could have drafted. The others we could have moved up for, a lot more busts than franchise guys.

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

Many of the guys you listed didn’t go #1 or close to it. We will see I guess, but my guess is the 2 edge rushers go 1-2 in this draft

and when you say shoot up the board, I guess it is relative. I view them all lower than 5-6 of the guys last year. I also believe a couple of them will go too 15, because teams overpay for QBs. IMO, we have already seen them shoot up the draft boards
    Hey man if our new HC and Paton eye a guy they like and believe they can develop, go get him!!!! I just dont want us to draft a name like we did Paxton. I'm more concerned we get guys who make this team better like Surtain. A QB would be ideal but we also need a RT, LG, C, DT, Edge and ILB

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied

We all know these QB's will move up the board ti can't miss hall of famers like they did with Wilson and Fields last year, or Rosen and Darnold or Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins or Trubisky
    Or hit on the ones like Allen or Herbert or Mahomes or Watson.....Lance and Tua yet to be determined

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied

We all know these QB's will move up the board ti can't miss hall of famers like they did with Wilson and Fields last year, or Rosen and Darnold or Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins or Trubisky
    Many of the guys you listed didn’t go #1 or close to it. We will see I guess, but my guess is the 2 edge rushers go 1-2 in this draft

and when you say shoot up the board, I guess it is relative. I view them all lower than 5-6 of the guys last year. I also believe a couple of them will go too 15, because teams overpay for QBs. IMO, we have already seen them shoot up the draft boards

Leave a comment:

• 58Miller
    replied

The way this draft looks right now, that could have their choice of QBs at #7. Of course we haven’t had the combine or pro days yet so things can change, but this QB crop is closer to second and third round grades.

it would take a move like the last time they reached to take Jones

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I don’t know that Gettleman’s ego can take that hit though.
    The way this draft looks right now, that could have their choice of QBs at #7. Of course we haven’t had the combine or pro days yet so things can change, but this QB crop is closer to second and third round grades.

it would take a move like the last time they reached to take Jones

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    Looks like Broncos pick 9th…

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied

Very true, let's hope they don't.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

If Giants want to move on from Jones they have the 5 and 7 pick. They will be the ones to make the move

Leave a comment:

• myoung
    replied

It all depends on how the teams evaluate the quarterbacks and how badly they need one.
    I guess anything is possible, but I would say it is highly unlikely at this point

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied

I would be floored if anyone traded to get one of these QBs #1.
    It all depends on how the teams evaluate the quarterbacks and how badly they need one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X