Draft position tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft position tracker

Right now, if the draft was held today Denver would have the number 11 pick. With all the covid punches we've been hit with this week, I don't see a win against the Chargers. Next week is KC, so, I see a very real possibility of yet another top 10 draft pick.

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Right now, if the draft was held today Denver would have the number 11 pick. With all the covid punches we've been hit with this week, I don't see a win against the Chargers. Next week is KC, so, I see a very real possibility of yet another top 10 draft pick.
    Yup. looks like possibly all the way to pick 6 if things fall as expected.

Comment

Would love to get #6 overall. The team showed potential at times this year with their young talent.

Bottom line & broken record- the team will remain an average at best team until a good NFL QB is throwing the ball and we have a Coaching Staff that has adjusted to the 21st Century.

Comment

The higher the pick the better. Give Paton all the firepower he needs this offseason.
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
          The higher the pick the better. Give Paton all the firepower he needs this offseason.
          A high one and 2 second rounders should be enough to pry a top pick or someone else's QB away...hopefully

Comment

I get worn out between wanting a high draft pick and new coaching staff to actually cheering for the Broncos. Please Paton deliver me from this quandary.

Comment

I keep checking the mocks, none of them have us taking a QB. It's ticking me off.
              Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post
                I get worn out between wanting a high draft pick and new coaching staff to actually cheering for the Broncos. Please Paton deliver me from this quandary.
                Cheer the team on and accept whatever pick we end up with.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post
                  I keep checking the mocks, none of them have us taking a QB. It's ticking me off.
                  NFL Mock Draft 2022: Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Cincinnati make up 8 of 32 picks in Round 1 (msn.com)

Kenny Pickett

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post
                    Can pointed one out.
                    I have seen numerous ones.

Traded up to 7 for corral
                    stayed and picked willis
                    stayed and picked pickett

one interesting one had us trading back into the end of the first for strong. I dont remember who they had us picking with the first pick
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Draft positioning is nice but I don't think it's that important in the grand scheme of things. Having a team that knows how to win is better than a few spots difference in your first round pick. There are maybe a few instances where it truly matters where you pick, and usually it happens with having the first pick. I'm thinking of Luck, Manning and Elway. And that's 3 examples in 30 years. Look at this past draft. Last December everyone was sure Fields was not just the 2nd best QB, he would likely be the 2nd overall pick. No one was thinking of Zach Wilson. Trey Lance was seen as a project. Mac Jones was getting 2nd round buzz.

And who's happy at the moment? Pats certainly should feel good, but everyone else probably is a bit nervous that their QB needs to improve. Improvement is likely going to happen but it still needs to happen.

You know who else is probably happy? The Texans. Davis Mills looks like a quality QB as a rookie, and he was a third round choice. Where all the QB's are projected right now probably doesn't matter. Some guys will get pushed up boards for no other reason than they play an important position. Others will get pushed down because they don't look like the current prototype of a mobile QB with a cannon for an arm. Bottom line, you are picking one roster spot of 53 with your first round choice. If the rest of your team is doing so poorly you get to pick slightly higher than you otherwise would have I don't think that's a good problem to have. It's the NFL, all games matter. Experience matters. Winning matters. Losing is infectious. So is winning. Whether we're picking 6th or 11th should not be a concern of ours heading into the offseason.
                      A book I wrote

Comment

Okay , so what # are we picking atm?

Comment

Originally posted by KernCoBroncofan View Post
                          Okay , so what # are we picking atm?
                          Someone said earlier that 6 could be a possibility but I don't see it, too many other 6 win teams. I think the best we could hope for is 9. Still currently sitting at 11

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Someone said earlier that 6 could be a possibility but I don't see it, too many other 6 win teams. I think the best we could hope for is 9. Still currently sitting at 11
                            That was me....I said that last week.......looking at Tankathon, it was possible, but certain scenarios needed to play out...they didn't. So now it looks like the best we can hope for is spot 7......but, we need Seattle, Chicago & Washington to Win.....and obviously us to loose. Check it out, tell me if I'm wrong. I might be reading it incorrectly. { Atlanta needs to win too ! }

No, i was right, here's an article that verifies my take

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...draft-week-18/

Last edited by skeeter01; 01-04-2022, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

That was me....I said that last week.......looking at Tankathon, it was possible, but certain scenarios needed to play out...they didn't. So now it looks like the best we can hope for is spot 7......but, we need Seattle, Chicago & Washington to Win.....and obviously us to loose. Check it out, tell me if I'm wrong. I might be reading it incorrectly. { Atlanta needs to win too ! }

No, i was right, here's an article that verifies my take

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/202...draft-week-18/
                              Well, fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
                              X