No announcement yet.

Broncos Draft at the 9 spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I not want Cousins purely on the basis that I can't stand his voice?

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
      Can I not want Cousins purely on the basis that I can't stand his voice?
      As long as you don’t want Cousins, it doesn’t matter the reason. It’s all good.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I just want to point out that Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr have very similar career stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
          I just want to point out that Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr have very similar career stats.
          Kirk Cousins has never been in the league mvp conversation.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Kirk Cousins has never been in the league mvp conversation.
            Cousins does a great job of compiling meaningless statistics. Doesn't seem to translate to success.

I have never been a Carr fan but given the situation this year, I think his performance was admirable. My respect for him increased over this year. His performance against the Chargers and then in the playoffs was impressive, he is a fighter. Not Mahomes or Herbert level by any means, but I don't think he is trash. He did more to help his team win than Cousins, and did it with less offensive talent while playing in a tougher division. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              Kiper predicting ILB Dean from Georgia.

Would be thrilled with the pick only if QB situation is resolved.

Not sure how it is resolved and the Broncos still have #9 but who am I to argue with Kiper.
              Regardless of QB. I want Dean at 9. I don’t think any QB is truely worth a top 10 pick. I feel LB has been a whole for a decade or longer. No real leader there.

Comment

• Originally posted by myoung View Post

Cousins does a great job of compiling meaningless statistics. Doesn't seem to translate to success.

I have never been a Carr fan but given the situation this year, I think his performance was admirable. My respect for him increased over this year. His performance against the Chargers and then in the playoffs was impressive, he is a fighter. Not Mahomes or Herbert level by any means, but I don't think he is trash. He did more to help his team win than Cousins, and did it with less offensive talent while playing in a tougher division. Just my opinion of course.
                Statistics would have to be meaningless to say that Carr did more to help his team after comparing him to Cousins in the 4th quarter, on 3rd down, when trailing, in the red zone, when pressured, in pressure rate, and in sacks taken.

I don't think Carr is trash either for the record. I trash him in smack a lot for fun, but I would still put him among the top 16 QBs in the league right now. All things being equal though, I'd rather have Kirk Cousins. I don't care how many people in the media gave Carr an MVP vote five years ago. Give me the quarterback who can push the ball downfield with more efficiency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Statistics would have to be meaningless to say that Carr did more to help his team after comparing him to Cousins in the 4th quarter, on 3rd down, when trailing, in the red zone, when pressured, in pressure rate, and in sacks taken.

I don't think Carr is trash either for the record. I trash him in smack a lot for fun, but I would still put him among the top 16 QBs in the league right now. All things being equal though, I'd rather have Kirk Cousins. I don't care how many people in the media gave Carr an MVP vote five years ago. Give me the quarterback who can push the ball downfield with more efficiency.
                  I wouldn’t put either of them as top 10 QBs. nor do I want either of them. I would rather pay Lock his salary and run it back than try to pay one of these two.

I understand your point about pushing the ball down the field. I agree with you on all of the situational stats you have mentioned, I just struggle with the Vikings always finding a way to be mediocre. Especially with 4 games a year against the Lions and Bears. I don’t think Cousins stats project to wins. He is not a winner and I wouldn’t pay that much to stay the same team we are now. The Vikings got worse when they brought him in.

I have never thought of Carr as a winner either but I admire his fight down the stretch. Would have been nice to see our starting QB give a rip about winning.

I was mostly responding to this thread because I don’t think it is accurate for some to call Carr a bust. But I was not trying to suggest we acquire him.

Comment

I wouldn’t put either of them as top 10 QBs. nor do I want either of them. I would rather pay Lock his salary and run it back than try to pay one of these two.

I understand your point about pushing the ball down the field. I agree with you on all of the situational stats you have mentioned, I just struggle with the Vikings always finding a way to be mediocre. Especially with 4 games a year against the Lions and Bears. I don’t think Cousins stats project to wins. He is not a winner and I wouldn’t pay that much to stay the same team we are now. The Vikings got worse when they brought him in.

I have never thought of Carr as a winner either but I admire his fight down the stretch. Would have been nice to see our starting QB give a rip about winning.

I was mostly responding to this thread because I don’t think it is accurate for some to call Carr a bust. But I was not trying to suggest we acquire him.
                    Also for the record, I agree with you. Neither is a priority for me because of what acquiring them entails. I think we need to make a commitment to either acquiring a legit top 10 vet or drafting another QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                      Can I not want Cousins purely on the basis that I can't stand his voice?
                      LOL.....that's Mahomes for me

Comment

• Were almost at the point where we draft a QB at No. #9 that can be the starter on day 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                          Were almost at the point where we draft a QB at No. #9 that can be the starter on day 1.
                          That would take a hell of a commitment from the new HC and OC.

Both would have to be all-in from the day he was drafted through training camp to Day 1. The entire system and offensive philosophy would need to be in support of this idea. Including a complimentary offense and “coach” type vet QB for a backup.

We are not talking about consensus can’t miss #1 either. We are talking about a draft with multiple good but not great choices.

I would love to see that type of commitment from the Broncos organization. I just don’t see “that guy” in this draft.

We will see…..

Comment

Both would have to be all-in from the day he was drafted through training camp to Day 1. The entire system and offensive philosophy would need to be in support of this idea. Including a complimentary offense and “coach” type vet QB for a backup.

We are not talking about consensus can’t miss #1 either. We are talking about a draft with multiple good but not great choices.

I would love to see that type of commitment from the Broncos organization. I just don’t see “that guy” in this draft.

We will see…..
                            Agreed....If we are not drafting a QB at the 9 spot that will start from day 1, then we shouldn't draft a QB at the 9 spot.

Comment

We will see…..
                              I agree with you. Taking a top 10 QB requires serious investment and a poor choice can put a team back 4-5 years.

I do not see a legit prospect worth taking early. It is easy to get excited about a taking a QB when you don’t have one, but a bad choice will move us backwards.

Corral, Pickett, Willis, Howell, Strong, and Ridder all have multiple significant risk factors. If we take one I hope it is in round 2 and not at 9.

Comment

I agree with you. Taking a top 10 QB requires serious investment and a poor choice can put a team back 4-5 years.

I do not see a legit prospect worth taking early. It is easy to get excited about a taking a QB when you don’t have one, but a bad choice will move us backwards.

Corral, Pickett, Willis, Howell, Strong, and Ridder all have multiple significant risk factors. If we take one I hope it is in round 2 and not at 9.

There is most certainly a risk. I hope the Broncos take it though. I can convince myself any of the top 5-6 QBs could be developed into a legitimate starter under the right circumstances. I don’t care if a 1st or 2nd rd pick. Just pick the right guy.

As you stated, they all have flaws. I just think it will come down to the new HC and OC. Do they believe any of these QBs have the “it” factor that fits the system they want to run. If the believe, then you draft him at #9.

Even if they are a work in progress that takes a half or even full season to prepare him. The coaches have to envision it working. Just like KC, NE, or BALT did. They built their future QB and made it happen. Now it is the Broncos turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X